GUILTY KY - Debbie Rediess, 46, murdered at her Smiths Grove home, 5 Oct 2008

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A sheriff's deputy accused of killing his ex-girlfriend in Kentucky taunted state police in an e-mail exchange Monday, threatening a county jailer and telling police he was going to "make them earn their money" in their search for him.

Simpson County Sheriff's Deputy Randall Creek, 41, is wanted on a warrant for murder in the death of his ex-girlfriend, Debbie R. Rediess, 46, authorities said. Rediess was shot to death outside her home Sunday morning in Smiths Grove, which is about 85 miles south of Louisville.

In an e-mail that was sent to a newspaper, Kentucky State Police and about 30 other recipients, Creek confesses to the killing, Trooper Todd Holder said.

"I am not running to get away but I am going to make the KSP earn their money on this one," Creek said in the e-mail, which was posted on the Daily News of Bowling Green's Web site. "I have never been armed after the encounter and there will be no chase or struggle I assure you."
http://www.magicvalley.com/articles/2008/10/06/ap/us/d93la4c00.txt

He also threatened a jailer in an email.

Randall Creek's email confessing murder
http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/30532544.html

"I want to say how sorry I am for what happened but what's done is done. Let's talk about how we got to this point in my life. I dated Debbie Rediess for 5 years and I loved her very much. She constantly. . . ". . . blah blah blah . . . "When I assasinated her in her driveway her new boyfriend aka "Billy Ray Cyrus" saw me and he was scared off his --- and ran into the house like a smart human being." . . . blah blah blah . . . "This is what the US Army has produced a Desert Storm killer and there will be more like me I assure you."

(Entire but censored email at link.)

One of the emails. He confesses to the murder, makes fun of his ex-girlfriend's new bf, sends his love to his son, mother and family and friends. And says that Desert Storm made him the killer he is.
http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/30532544.html

Dear Lord that sickens me. Blaming the victim, blaming, blaming. How original. Peace, love and prayers to this woman's family.

Another one! I'm really disgusted with these arrogant nuttjobs. There are always family members and co-workers who will admit that they knew he was going to end up hurting someone, but they didn't do anything about it, out of some kind of misplaced respect because he was a cop.
I don't care what a person does for a living, it is always a mistake to just look the other way when your buddy, or family member becomes irrational and dangerous. I hope they catch up with this lunatic before he kills someone else, or has a chance to kill himself. We'll see how much he's laughing when he's trapped in a tiny cell with Bubba.

Susan

He isn't going to like being in prison. When the cons find out that an ex-cop is coming in they will be waiting for him. I wonder if he even thought of that.

I feel bad for his son as well as Debbie's sons. Creek's son has lost his dad as well even though he will be able to visit him in prison and write to him. There is also the phone. I wonder if this guy will try to commit suicide now that he has been caught. Debbie sounds like she was a good person that just ended up with the wrong guy. I wonder what attracted her to him???? My heart really goes out to her boys. You can tell that they loved their mom and had a lot of respect for her and the person that she was. What a selfish thing Creek did. Why can't these guys just let go?

Good to hear that they got him. After reading his email, I was unsure if he was going to commit suicide or try to do a suicide by cop. Esp. since the emails seemed to be taunting LE.

http://www.the-messenger.com/none/article_481eefb2-7019-5eee-b9f6-300d828aed6d.html

A convicted killer from Bowling Green serving a life sentence for the 2008 murder of his ex-girlfriend is set to appear in court today to argue for a new trial...

A jury convicted Creek in 2010 of murder and first-degree wanton endangerment in connection with the shooting death of Debbie Rediess, 46, on Oct. 5, 2008, outside her Smiths Grove house...

After returning the guilty verdict, the jury recommended Creek serve life without the possibility of parole for 20 years, the maximum punishment. The Kentucky Supreme Court upheld Creek's conviction in a 2011 ruling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back