Parents of Kyron suspect stepmom (MERGED)

RoseWhite

Reaction score
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/98058134.html

<snipped>
Kaine Horman has filed for divorce, and a judge granted the restraining order against Terri Horman. The petition for the order was unsealed Thursday.

"I believe respondent is involved in the disappearance of my son Kyron who has been missing since June 4, 2010," Kaine Horman's petition reads. "I also recently learned that respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me. The police have provided me with probable cause to believe the above two statements to be true."

Probable cause to BOTH statements!

Vedy vedy interesting.

I think this is his opinion.Not fact.LE has not said this.I really hope LE is checking all POI.

That just means that they think she probably committed those crimes, but not enough to indict? Is that correct?

The thing is though the Police have been saying Terri isnt a person of interest..and the restraining order says that Kaine was told by LE there was probable case to believe Terri was behind it. Isnt this going to complicate it for them keep saying shes not being seen to be connected at all?

I think it's more than opinion. He says they provided him with probable cause. Sounds like they showed him something physical, like papers or actual evidence to convince him they weren't lying. Even if TH and KH weren't getting along, that doesn't mean KH is just going to believe anything told to him by LE. I'm thinking they showed him irrefutable proof that she was involved in both Kyron's disappearance and the murder for hire. And by proof, I mean enough for him to believe it. It may not be enough to for them formally charge her.

I think this is his opinion.Not fact.I really hope LE is checking all POI.

I believe it's a fact that LE has provided him with probable cause to believe TH was involved in the disappearance of Kyron and attempted to have someone murder him. He signed a sworn statement that that is the case.

Read the statement and cut out the middle part about the attempt to hire. Police have provided him probably cause.

Hm. Probable cause is generally enough cause to arrest someone or obtain a warrant for search. We haven't really seen either. I looked up in my legal dictionary the definition of probable cause, and it stated, "Another common definition is "a reasonable amount of suspicion, supported by circumstances sufficiently strong to justify a prudent and cautious person's belief that certain facts are probably true". (Ballentine's).

Basically, LE are suspicious of TMH and the circumstances are "sufficiently strong" - would this be a questionable lie detector result and the word of the landscaper? It's probable that they have additional evidence, but if they do not - well, it's not that much to ban someone from seeing their child, now is it?

I know it's important for LE to keep their evidence quiet while building a case. However, publicly, the information at hand really isn't that determinative.

I believe it's a fact that LE has provided him with probable cause to believe TH was involved in the disappearance of Kyron and attempted to have someone murder him. He signed a sworn statement that that is the case.
I do not think LE said that.I have not heard LE say that.LE has said no one has been ruled out.I think LE just thought she was behind the murder for hit that I think was bogus.I really hope LE is looking into all POI.

I wonder if the probable cause for Kaine to believe she was involved in Kyron's disappearance is the proof she tried to have him killed. I would imagine that even if he believed she was innocent in Kyron's disapearance all along, then found out for a fact that she tried to have him murdered, all of a sudden he might start thinking she's capable of alot more than he ever imagined....including Kyron going missing.

I do not think LE said that.I have not heard LE say that.LE has said no one has been ruled out.I think LE just thought she was behind the murder for hit that I think was bogus.I really hope LE is looking into all POI.

TBH...LE dont have to tell US that. We arent involved. The thing is they evidently have told Kaine..the father of the missing child that however as it evident on the paperwork filed in court.

Kaine's Lawyer is an officer of the court. She signed the document and probably presented a brief case before the judge. I don't think she would have signed a document that was not true. If it says LE stated they have probable cause I believe based on a lawyer signing that document it is true. She could be disbarred for attesting to a falsly worded document. :cow:

TBH...LE dont have to tell US that. We arent involved. The thing is they evidently have told Kaine..the father of the missing child that however as it evident on the paperwork filed in court.
Hopefully they are looking into all POI.They did say they were.

There is a lot of evidence LE holds from us, the public. They have good reason to do so. I honestly don't think Kaine lied in his statement to the Judge and I'm sure the Judge checked this out before granting his emergency order and sealing it.

Maybe it's time for a LE presser to clear all this up.

If it says LE stated they have probable cause I believe based on a lawyer signing that document it is true. She could be disbarred for attesting to a falsly worded document.

Oh, true. My previous post was not trying to state that the LE do not have probable cause - only that probable cause can often be less iron-clad than we think. Sometimes it's more gray than black and white. Their probable cause may involve very little hard evidence.

If they had evidence, she would be behind bars right now.

I don't completely understand how it all works and it does get frustrating, but in many cases they feel they need to get their ducks in a better row before moving forward. Especially without direct evidence and TH adamantly denying involvement. Their watching her. She isn't going anywhere.

Well, let's hope, anyway . . . .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back