Law Proposed Requiring 'Lookalike' Guns to Be Brightly Colored

My husband and I had talked about this and both predicted real guns would be painted as "toys" in an effort to deflect LE attention in the future.

It doesn't matter how old you are chronologically. Criminals are going to HOPE that from a distance of a few feet, that a brightly painted gun will appear to be a toy. Tamir Rice was mistaken as a man because of his size and weight. 5'7" and 195 lbs.

There's no trick criminals won't try if they think they can get by with it. Even if it's just to temporarily slow LE down. :(

More from link:"The legislation [introduced in Ohio] was modeled after a California law. Several other states and cities have similar laws.
Some opponents of the bill have expressed skepticism about whether such measures would be effective in preventing fatal shootings, and some have suggested that criminals would try to disguise weapons to cause police to hesitate."

Heck, yes, criminals have tried and will try to disguise lethal guns as toys.

Should LEOs ASSume that a Barbie pink 'gun' is a toy? Or just ask, say to person brandishing 'gun' -

'Excuse me, would you mind putting your gun on the floor/ground, so I can examine it more carefully
to determine if it is capable of shooting bullets into me or others, rendering us dead here on the spot? If it's a lookalike, I'll give it right back.
And if the object in your hand is a lethal weapon, would you refrain from shooting bystanders or me?
I'd appreciate your cooperation, so I can decide whether to use stern voice commands, taser, stun gun, or duty weapon.'

What about person w CCW permit, when person points 'gun' at him? Maybe at front door, in parking lot, at store cash register, or public park.

'Looks to me like neon green object in your hand shoots only generally-harmless plastic pellets,
but I'd like to take a closer look, before drawing my lawfully carried Glock. If you have a lethal gun, I'll walk away briskly.
Would you oblige pls?'

If, when, where lookalikes-in-bright-colors-only laws (LIBCO laws?) are passed, is ^this^ the likely scenario,
and -
- 'lookalike-gun' teen brandishers skip off to grandma's house for after school milk and cookies ?
- 'lookalike-gun' adult brandishers continue on their way to church choir practice?

Or do more LEOs and innocent bystanders, C-store clerks, and others get shot, some killed?

Just wondering.

If you are carrying a gun of any color in public and pointing it towards people or refuse to put it down, police should have the right to consider you a threat. That is what the law should say. JMO.

My cousin, former LE, posted this on facebook today.
image.jpg

??? Sadly it's too late for that.
Hello Kitty, Tiffany's, red, blue yellow, green....
All REAL
3c8e6941b54547c42bfd31bdaf826b67.jpg

ca4b38cfbaffe636c5e19445c0b8648f.jpg

9c6f1254f589f38795ec8909a83233aa.jpg

a3cc8e19d8f465117b15a63e2014590a.jpg

If you are carrying a gun of any color in public and pointing it towards people or refuse to put it down, police should have the right to consider you a threat. That is what the law should say. JMO.

My cousin, former LE, posted this on facebook today.
View attachment 65491

Yep, hubby used to be LE. You can't really take that chance with Your own life by finding out if it's real the hard way.

??? Sadly it's too late for that.
Hello Kitty, Tiffany's, red, blue yellow, green....
All REAL
3c8e6941b54547c42bfd31bdaf826b67.jpg

ca4b38cfbaffe636c5e19445c0b8648f.jpg

9c6f1254f589f38795ec8909a83233aa.jpg

a3cc8e19d8f465117b15a63e2014590a.jpg

Well. How bleeping COOL is that? I can now buy a gun to accessorize with my outfit. I don't own a gun, would never allow one in my house.

But it's reasurring to know that IF I wanted one, I could buy a Hello Kitty gun. They're just so damned cute they couldn't possibly KILL anyone, right?

My husband and I had talked about this and both predicted real guns would be painted as "toys" in an effort to deflect LE attention in the future.

It doesn't matter how old you are chronologically. Criminals are going to HOPE that from a distance of a few feet, that a brightly painted gun will appear to be a toy. Tamir Rice was mistaken as a man because of his size and weight. 5'7" and 195 lbs.

There's no trick criminals won't try if they think they can get by with it. Even if it's just to temporarily slow LE down. :(

I'm sure you are right, but I'll take "temporarily" over "not at all".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975
Back