LIST Questions & Answers #8 LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you BJB for the above post. Yes, it helped me to understand the 2.6 days more too but even though you tried to "dumb it down" for those of us a little slower I still can't figure out if that means that Caylee could've been in the trunk on the 24th when GA tried to get his "tire stops" out of it or not? Is that possible using the BF's results of 2.6 days of decomp? Thanks. MOO

You're welcome, doogiesgirl. But, I'm not dumbing anything down...and I'm sure I'd see a helluvalot more people in front of me than behind me in a race of intellence ;)

To answer your question...using solely the 2.6 days information to fit a scenario... it would be possible for Caylee's body to have been in the trunk of the Pontiac on 6/24 ONLY if it was already bagged (say ~6/19 or 6/20) AND provided the bags didn't leak while they were in the trunk NOR when the body was removed from the trunk and disposed of on Suburban.

Now...lemme draw a clear distinction between possible & probable. I'm just giving you the above example to answer your question. I'm not suggesting that it was the probable scenario.

HTH.

Wow, that's news to me. I didn't even know you could keep something like that.

How come it said those particular items were seized at 2500 West Colonial dr? What am I missing?

Sorry if this is a stupid question. :waitasec:

It's not a stupid question.

IMO it is confusing, but that is where the impounded property is being held, not the location from which it was impounded.

2500 West Colonial is the Orange County Sheriff Office.

http://orlando.citysearch.com/profile/map/41999501/orlando_fl/orange_county_sheriff.html

It looks like GA's Grand Jury testimony was requested by State and a request to grant it filed by CA attorneys - and it looks like the motion went through - I thought GJ testimony was secret forever, I am confused?

It looks like GA's Grand Jury testimony was requested by State and a request to grant it filed by CA attorneys - and it looks like the motion went through - I thought GJ testimony was secret forever, I am confused?

Found this online:

Are there any other exceptions to grand jury secrecy?
At one time, the defendant in a criminal trial was never given access to the grand jury testimony that resulted in the indictment. By the 1980s, in most jurisdictions, if a witness who testified before the grand jury was called to testify at the eventual trial, the defendant was given a copy of that witness's grand jury testimony to use for possible impeachment. Some jurisdictions also give the defendant a list of everyone who testified before the grand jury, and several give the defendant a full transcript of all relevant grand jury testimony. In the federal system, no such list is provided, and the grand jury transcripts of only those persons who testify on behalf of the prosecutor at trial are given to the defendant.

http://www.abanet.org/media/faqjury.html

does anyone here remember this name in relation to this case at all. i feel like im going crazy but i feel like ive heard it associated with the whole todd black/gil cabot thing? tia for any answers

does anyone here remember this name in relation to this case at all. i feel like im going crazy but i feel like ive heard it associated with the whole todd black/gil cabot thing? tia for any answers

lol....leave it to a WS'er to find every detail...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2517632&postcount=18"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Jose Baez[/ame]

Just don't ask me what Nemo Vision is, I don't have a clue.

Was there a photo of the wallet found at the remains sight, and does someone have a link handy? thanks

Am I remembering correctly? I seem to remember that there was a motion requesting that the defense be allowed to observe the crime scene while the techs were there and it was turned down by the judge. I also seem to remember that someone posted that it might come back to bite them.
It happened so long ago am I not sure anymore.

Am I remembering correctly? I seem to remember that there was a motion requesting that the defense be allowed to observe the crime scene while the techs were there and it was turned down by the judge. I also seem to remember that someone posted that it might come back to bite them.

Yup, there was a motions hearing on January 20, 2009

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4173837&postcount=291"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Casey defense team files motion to dismiss case--Could KC walk![/ame]

:waitasec: I wonder how the defense can have evidence to prove that Caylees body was dumped after Casey was jailed per Macaluso, and then a week later move to have the charges dropped because they didn't have access to the crime scene to gain evidence of their clients innocence.

Can the prosecution use this flip flopping at trial to their advantage?

Yes, there was an emergency hearing on December 16, 2008 in which the judge shot down the defense's request. I believe this was the question you asked over at another thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4193008&postcount=102"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Spoliation Motion Sept 22, 2009 Includes Response[/ame]

You can view the hearing here:

http://www.wftv.com/video/18292385/index.html

Judge's denial comes in at about 22:25 into the video.

Hope this is what you are looking for...

Any news on the Maggots?

Weren't the tests on the maggots done at the body farm in Tennessee? If so, perhaps Jose needs to contact them and then we will get them thru the sunshine laws. I can't wait to see those results. :dance:

Weren't the tests on the maggots done at the body farm in Tennessee? If so, perhaps Jose needs to contact them and then we will get them thru the sunshine laws. I can't wait to see those results. :dance:
I have asked for that for a long time now Mitzi, why isn't anyone in this case talking about that? where are the results?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69646"]Flies and Maggots in the trunk - forensic entomology[/ame]

Initially, Judge Strickland ordered a psych evaluation. (Oh Lawsey, wouldn't i love to read that!)
I know that is not part of the Sunshine Law & there is Patient confidentiality, but if there were huge issues, ( :crazy: ), would she be given or automatically get psych help, or does she need to request it? I'm wondering about, #1) she killed her daughter, would that not couse problems, nightmares, even for her & #2) getting her ready to go to trial & be in a + frame of mind ( given the tools to deal with it) & #3) she is facing the death penalty if found guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong