Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges

Officially....my brain has been fried. It is now Happy Hour. You guys have all the class and have your Irish Coffees with the fancy booze..

I'm off to the cooler..
:drink:

From what limited experience I have (and, no it was not a good experience), all defendants are expected to plead not guilty at their first appearance. One lawyer explained it to me as, if you plead guilty the Judge has to sentence then and there, and he doesn't want to deal with that. I feel sure most of this crew, if not all, will end up taking plea deals which includes an admission of guilt. There's no way they are getting out of this.

Let's hear that again: There's no way they are getting out of this!

The print edition has a sub-headline that says:

Ronald says he's innocent,
Misty Croslin due in court today.

I thought that was quite a s t r e t c h by the editor, lol.
Yeah, that goes well with Ron's statement (to the journalist) that he won't be doing what he was doing before (or what he was "allegedly" doing) when he gets out of prison. Sounds innocent to me !

Someone should tell that journalist, there is a vast difference between being not guilty and being innocent (Ron is neither).

The one case that bothers me concerning ron was when they found him with Heroin, cocaine, meth, ecstasy, Date rape drugs, marijauna, drug paraphenalia, three illegal prescription meds...ALL at one time.

.......YET he didn't serve a day!!!
The way I see it Whisperer, is that first of all, PC has received a lot of flack about all of those previous drug charges with no convictions for Ron...number 1. The second thing is LE has not, by far, cleared Ron in Haleigh's disappearance...number 2. The third thing is the FDLE, FBI are also looking in on this case, and any sweeping under the rug will be next to impossible...number 3. This case has gone national, too many people are watching, LE has to prosecute Ron now...number 4. Ron's bail is high and this represents LE's seriousness in prosecuting Ron (and the others). I feel sure Ron's past luck in evading jail/prison time has run out. JMO.

Article from Art Harris. A lot of information in this to discuss! I will not post the picture here. I think it is a disgrace to Haleigh! JMO

~snip~

When Ronald Cummings appears in Putnam County Circuit Court Friday, Sept. 24, he’s confident Judge Terry LaRue will rubber stamp a tentative plea deal and sentence him to 15 years in prison for drug trafficking, dropping two counts with 25 year mandatory minimums after his guilty plea to all three charges last month in Palatka, Florida.

“We’ll go in and argue for 15 years and hope that’s what he gets,” says his attorney Terry Shoemaker in an exclusive interview with The Bald Truth. Armed with a pre-sentencing report, hwe may call members of Cummings family, and others as character witnesses before the judge announces his sentence.

In effect, sources close to the case tell me the plea deal is a done deal, according to a proffer, or agreement, already hammered out between Shoemaker and state prosecutors, based on Cummings’ pledge to testify against ex wife, Misty Croslin, in her drug case (she plead no contest, so he never had to), and to help investigators solve the presumed murder of his missing daughter, five year old Haleigh Cummings.
“From the moment I came on board, we’ve been open to speaking with investigators regarding Haleigh’s case,” Shoemaker tells me, “we’ve met with them numerous times. Ronald has talked about the phone calls he made that night, the time lines, his relationship with everyone involved…who he thinks is involved. He’s told them everything they’ve wanted to know.”

http://www.artharris.com/2010/09/24/exclusive-kiss-ronald-cummings-bye-bye/

I don't think that RC deserves a plea deal like that. With as many arrests as he has had. I don't understand how he could have information that would be helpful if MC, or anyone else for that matter, is eventually charged for what happened to Haleigh. But I haven't followed the case as closely as I did in the beginning, so maybe I'm missing something.

I hope that LE will eventually be able to show that there is method to this madness when they finally make an arrest.

Regarding the picture:snooty:.... ugly coping, very ugly coping...:sick: I'm speechless.

OMG, I don't know what to say. What a mess these people are.

The strategy, sources tell me has always been to do whatever it takes to make Croslin hit rock bottom, isolated, alone, needy and desperate enough to do something like deal drugs and get busted, providing the kind of leverage investigators figure they needed to psyche out the one person they maintain still holds the key to unlocking the Haleigh mystery—the ex babysitter who reported the five year old missing Feb. 9, 2009.

What??? Croslin wasn't isolated and alone when she was dealing drugs, Ronald was right there with her along with a bunch of other relatives. She looked pretty happy to me. "Babbyyy..."

He also says Teresa Neves denies Misty ever offered to pay her to babysit. “Teresa has remarked that ‘if she’d called and asked me, I would have done it.’”

I'm confused, I thought TN allegedly offered to pay Misty to babysit.

So, does Cummings believe Misty is a killer?

“He has no idea what happened to Haleigh,” says Shoemaker. “Whether she had something to do with it, he doesn’t know. But he does believe she holds the answers.”

So he got a plea deal for giving them nothing in exchange? He's gonna get off lighter because he agreed to testify against Misty and say he knows nothing? :waitasec:

I hope somebody brings a life size blow up of this latest pic to court in a few hours.

....nice expensive New York jackets they're wearing. We can see how the donation money was spent. It just fries my fritters. How much lower is this going to go? So this is the PIC that misty was talking about? I remember her asking her mom for it when she was talking about their pink and black jackets; she wanted her mother to send her that PIC!j. It sounded like it was sentimental to her, after all it was her honeymoon pic. :sick:

Shoemaker says..."“He has no idea what happened to Haleigh,” says Shoemaker. “Whether she had something to do with it, he doesn’t know. But he does believe she holds the answers.”

WTH? Now Shoemaker is doing the double-speak. He's been hanging around ron too long. Shoemaker used to dazzle us with just BS now he has reduced himself to babble.

“My phone records show call Joe called his girlfriend, Jennifer, between six and 9 p.m. that night,” says Chelsea. She was planning to drive him back to Tennessee the next day, sources close to the case tell me. “Tommy called Joe about 10 p.m.,” Chelsea adds, and apparently took the van and picked up Tommy.

Chelsea picked up Tommy? And did what? Does Art mean Joe took the van? If it was at ten, shouldn't Chelsea have noticed since she was up so late?

“Ronald was usually very secretive about his guns, but that night they were all drinking beer and getting along, so he pulled them out,” Chelsea Croslin tells me in an exclusive interview. She says she fell asleep with husband Timmy, Misty’s other brother, and that Joe took her phone and the van to pick up brother Tommy and go to the trailer with machine guns on his mind.

Joe took Chelsea's phone? Why, doesn't he have his own?
I can't help wondering if Tommy spoke with Chelsea or Timmy instead of Joe.

Art should employ an editor IMO because this is written very confusingly, the paragraph makes it sound like the gun showing and beer drinking happened the same night Haleigh vanished although in the previous paragraph he says it was a week before.

Shoemaker says..."“He has no idea what happened to Haleigh,” says Shoemaker. “Whether she had something to do with it, he doesn’t know. But he does believe she holds the answers.”

WTH? Now Shoemaker is doing the double-speak. He's been hanging around ron too long. Shoemaker used to dazzle us with just BS now he has reduced himself to babble.

IMO if she holds the answers she has something to do with it. Otherwise she'd have told us the answers on Feb 10 the latest.

If nothing else, this pic proves that Ron wasn't keeping his enemies close. I never bought that happy crappy, but this pic proves once & for all, that Ronald was with Misty because Ronald wanted to be with Misty. This pic speaks just as loudly, if not more loudly, than all those pics of him with Haleigh. MOO. WOW!!! That jail sounds exciting. And crazy. Hank & WBG??? WTH??? Ron selling drugs? Say it an't so! I can think of a few people who are gonna be real displeased with this pic & article, lol...starting with TN. But, at least in this article, Art is no longer straddling that fence.

What??? Croslin wasn't isolated and alone when she was dealing drugs, Ronald was right there with her along with a bunch of other relatives. She looked pretty happy to me. "Babbyyy..."

I'm confused, I thought TN allegedly offered to pay Misty to babysit.

So he got a plea deal for giving them nothing in exchange? He's gonna get off lighter because he agreed to testify against Misty and say he knows nothing? :waitasec:
What an awful strategy...to isolate a teenager into selling drugs.

One more thing. Art compared Tommy to a runway model, lol. That's the weirdest analogy I've ever read, I do believe.

While Tommy has changed his story more than runway models change clothes, his ex wife, Lindsay, maintains he was home with the kids when she returned from nursing school about 10:15 p.m. and they had dinner and went to bed. She says if he left, she never heard him.

“She’s adamant,” says Chelsea, “but I have letters contradicting her time line. I’m just not able to explain” the differences.

If Lindsy has contradicted herself in writing, shouldn't LE have the letters and not Chelsea?

I wonder if that pic was taken before or after their somber appearance on GMA? & wasn't there a search for Haleigh going on, back home? As they say say, 'a picture is worth a thousand words'. & who took it? TN? Gross...& with that image in my head, I'm off to bed.

Too too early in the am for me to even attempt to wrap my mind around this article from AH..

One question though.. IF Ronald has told LE everything they’ve wanted to know, does that mean Ronald C has told LE the truth about what happenend to Haleigh and where she is or does that mean he told LE what he wanted to tell them and LE isn't really interested in wanting to know the truth about what happened to Haleigh?

I wonder if that pic was taken before or after their somber appearance on GMA? & wasn't there a search for Haleigh going on, back home? As they say say, 'a picture is worth a thousand words'. & who took it? TN? Gross...& with that image in my head, I'm off to bed.

That picture, taken just THIRTY TWO DAYS after his daughter vanished, sums up every word of every post and video that I have made over these past nineteen months.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back