Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much to the websleuthers that helped me identify that crime scene photo.

I have one more photo that I would love some help with (side note: the following was discussed a few threads up but can't find it now so please forgive me if it was resolved).....in JM's book it bothered me to read that when JM inspected the crime scene that he noted that the now infamous book "A 1,000 Places to See Before You Die" was on Travis' nightstand. I envisioned tormenting him with it as she flew into her rage. As was discussed on an earlier thread, the picture of Travis' bedroom inside JM's book did not show the left nightstand and the right nightstand did not have anything that resembled a book. I came across a picture that I had screen shot a long time ago (most likely it was from this forum so I apologize for not giving proper credit) but it has both nightstands in the photo and was wondering if that is "the book" sitting on the left nightstand? I've attached the screen shot photo (my 2 cents are in red) and a close-up of the nightstand. Thank you all for your help!!
attachment.php
attachment.php

I took the book on the nightstand to be like a Zodiac killer signature "Take that!" from the . Maybe along with the butt photos.

I always wondered about that highway (89). I thought it might be a one lane (each way) highway cutting through a mountain pass like the 152 does between the 101 and the 5 (which I'm sure you've driven, LinasK). Or the 41 up to Yosemite. And those sort of mountain highways generally take longer because they're generally hilly and not straight and wide open. But on Google's map, 89 in northern Arizona looks identical to 395 here in Calif so I guess she could've just zipped on up and over the hill to Utah on 89 if she really wanted to.

The highways between Page and the Utah interstate are not an easy drive. Plus, Zion is kinda plonked in the way. In the middle of the night too?

IN HER OWN WORDS. (J#1, pg 44)

Aug 19. What if I chose to focus on what I want, not the negative……"what if I chose to remain blind to what’s going on behind my back? If I stopped searching for the truth and started to create it"?

Travis doesn’t cause all my pain, it’s my ignorance of my own power and potential. I don’t remember my ability to do extraordinary things. Or as Jim Rohm puts it, doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.

“ I need to learn how to master the mundane. In fact, I have mastered it, and yet I show no gratitude or appreciation for such an accomplishment.”

Travis was just a distraction, and getting attached caused pain, the greater the attachment, the more pain when it’s withdrawn.

He can’t heal the hole in my soul that has existed before time began. Maybe Jesus Christ could help, but really, what would be best is if Jesus helped me heal myself.

It reminds me of an old saying—magician, heal thyself!

IN HER OWN WORDS

August 26. (IIRC, JM said at trial this was the day after she watched Travis and Lisa through the back sliding glass door).

I write that I love TA so completely I don’t know any other way to be…..he makes me happy he makes me sick, he makes me miserable…

But I shouldn’t say he makes, because it’s all me. All of my darkness is my creation, “the fruit of my thoughts planted continually and with too much repetition. “

“I’ve got to douse my mind with some kind of mental Round up, kill all that is not serving me, eradicate those thoughts…”

We must use our will to control our thoughts. Next time “I find myself playing out horrible scenarios, having negative thoughts,” I need to remember the scripture—“let virtue garnish thy thoughts (sic).”

I always wondered about that highway (89). I thought it might be a one lane (each way) highway cutting through a mountain pass like the 152 does between the 101 and the 5 (which I'm sure you've driven, LinasK). Or the 41 up to Yosemite. And those sort of mountain highways generally take longer because they're generally hilly and not straight and wide open. But on Google's map, 89 in northern Arizona looks identical to 395 here in Calif so I guess she could've just zipped on up and over the hill to Utah on 89 if she really wanted to.

Can't say I remember that part of the drive well, as it wasn't as memorable as my car continually breaking down. This was over 20 years ago, as I went with my ex-boyfriend. I do remember how green and beautiful I thought Flagstaff with all the trees was in comparison to the desert. And that my spoiled dog howled in the motel room all night when we left her to go to dinner and a movie after spending the afternoon hiking around the Grand Canyon with us! The management got so many complaints they nearly kicked us out! If it'd been windy I would have remembered as I get motion sick on windy mountain roads.

IN HER OWN WORDS—Journal #1

July 2, 2007. “I loooove being free. Having the freedom to choose, to come and go as I please, to do a particular activity or not, to decide how I want to live my life, to be an entreprenuer (sic), to hang out with particular associations; people.”

Well then a Life Sentence is good for her since she'll never have her freedom ever again. She has no choice in where she goes, what she wears, when she bathes, when she eats, when she sleeps, what she eats, whom she associates with!!!

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:(Not directed at you Hope) The real phrase is: Physician heal thyself.

IN HER OWN WORDS

"I cringe when I see people smash a spider or an ant carelessly and intentionally. It is a life. It is of God. We may have been given dominion over them, but that doesn’t give us a green light to abuse them, disrespect them or harm them. I don’t know why I feel such a kinship with them, but I always have. "

(This one is just toooo easy). :D

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:(Not directed at you Hope) The real phrase is: Physician heal thyself.

LOL. Oh, her journals offer a plethora of misquotes, rediculous spelling, and the like. Heck, she wrestles for months with the correct spelling of both "Phoenix" and 'Tucson."

Aug 19. What if I chose to focus on what I want, not the negative……"what if I chose to remain blind to what’s going on behind my back? If I stopped searching for the truth and started to create it"?

Travis doesn’t cause all my pain, it’s my ignorance of my own power and potential. I don’t remember my ability to do extraordinary things. Or as Jim Rohm puts it, doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.

“ I need to learn how to master the mundane. In fact, I have mastered it, and yet I show no gratitude or appreciation for such an accomplishment.”

Travis was just a distraction, and getting attached caused pain, the greater the attachment, the more pain when it’s withdrawn.

He can’t heal the hole in my soul that has existed before time began. Maybe Jesus Christ could help, but really, what would be best is if Jesus helped me heal myself.

Someone so "strong in the Gospel" as Jodi claimed to be sure didn't remember the Gospel of Luke

And He said unto them, You will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself. What we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in your home country.
Luke 4:23

image.jpg

Ribeye steaks ready for the grill

IN HER OWN WORDS

November, 2007.

I’m determined to do a full 10% tithe of all my earnings. I think I’ll start putting 10% of my tips and paychecks in a separate container. That should help, and it’s such a small percentage I won’t miss it.

“It makes me feel good to know I’ll be helping build Heavenly Father’s kingdom. The tax write off helps of course, but I’d do it even if there was not one single tax dollar advantage. “

The complete-ist in me wanted to go back through and fill in the single gap I haven't spent an excessive amount of hours poring over and writing up--from July through the beginning of October.

I'm finding that the 2% complete-ist is absolutely trumped by the 98% of me who is finding humor here and there in her journals, but mostly can't seem to care very much anymore about dissecting the juvenile, vacuous, pathetic, pretentious ramblings and lies of a murderer.

So..the last little tidbits. Hints abound in her journal that she was screwing other men all the while she built up murderous rage over Travis not acting like her future husband. She snooped his phone and emails, constantly, going all the way back to July, immediately after she moved to Mesa.

Sky and Chris have said she was desperate to get him to commit in February 2007 because she knew she was losing her house but still had a chance to keep her talons in Darryl--she had to choose, and chose Travis, so therefore, given her huge sacrifice, he owed her.

But he didn't propose, didn't want to be in a relationship with her, and she had no backup plan. She checked out her CA options first, then moved to Mesa (with DB's car, she didn't go back for her own for about 3 weeks). She went out with other guys (one way of saying it), but couldn't seem to let go of Travis and didn't want to do the work of lining someone else up, or God forbid, actually having to work and build her own life.

Travis intended for her stuff to be stored in his garage only temporarily (in exchange for cleaning his house for one week), but she left her stuff there the entire time she was in Mesa and kept up the cleaning contract so she could have an excuse to be in his house so she could be in his things.

She began thinking of exposing him as early as mid-fall, 2007, with several references about just how "horrible" it would be if someone found her journal; these thoughts followed a Lisa-related confrontation with Travis.

She tried believing in the LOA, but reality in the form of Lisa, and of a Travis who just wasn't that into her kept blocking her path. She began genuinely losing it as early as August, after she spied on Travis and Lisa, when it seems quite clear she began fantasizing about killing, probably Lisa, not Travis. In October she texted Lisa from TA's phone --time to snuggle with (the ), Lisa told Travis at some point, Travis reamed her out enough that she was still whining about it in her journal weeks later, and hating Travis more and more.

THE END

IN HER OWN WORDS

9/30/07. I should try obedience to get what I want. That seemed to work the times I’ve tried it before. “Most of all, I need to be patient. “

The LOA says thinking is creating. So, I must not let the “variable” of the thoughts of “other children of God cloud the reality of what I claim and choose” for myself.

Those six bolded and underlined words--"to get what I want"--are the sum of her universe.

And in her other entries, the ones about puppies and kittens and mom and hot chocolate and so on, the slathered on "sweetness" couldn't sugar coat the ugly narcissism beneath.

Those six bolded and underlined words--"to get what I want"--are the sum of her universe.

And in her other entries, the ones about puppies and kittens and mom and hot chocolate and so on, the slathered on "sweetness" couldn't sugar coat the ugly narcissism beneath.

Well said. What she wanted, and what she claimed for herself. She wanted, therefore it was hers.

The phrase about not letting the thoughts of others get in the way....that's about Lisa. See, the is saying that even Lisa's very thoughts about Travis couldn't be allowed, because they'd interfere with the 's LOA vibrations that were going to make Travis hers and hers alone.

IN HER WORDS. (Journal #1, pg 32).

8/15. The appears to have visited with a medium or a psychic or some such kind of person Mormons consider anathema. She wrote a list of “affirmations” later that day, things she believed through the power of positive thinking would be true if she said them often enough and believed……

List of affirmations

“I am not in love with Travis, Travis is a good friend, Travis not a good BF, I am happy and grateful we are such good friends. I am a sought after single woman.

I am emotionally stable, I am emotionally healthy, I am responsible, I am a leader, I am independent, I am loving and compassionate, I am hardworking and intelligent, I treat others with dignity and respect, I live by the Golden Rule.

(LOL..LOL...LOL)

Nope, not an ounce of self-awareness in her. In someone else I'd might find such an "affirmation" sad or even pathetic, but her--no way.

“ [B]I need to learn how to master the mundane. In fact, I have mastered it,[/B] and yet I show no gratitude or appreciation for such an accomplishment.”

She mastered the mundane? Really?? "Mundane" is one word that aptly describes her; unfortunately, so does "psychopath." She's the embodiment of the collision of the two, and responsible for all the wreckage that caused.

Awww, I feel bad for them..... NOT!!

Jodi Arias Updates ‏@JodiAnnArias · Mar 27

#JodiArias and the 100's of women on her yard have been without hot water for 2 days. Good thing the weather is warm.

Thank you so much to the websleuthers that helped me identify that crime scene photo.

I have one more photo that I would love some help with (side note: the following was discussed a few threads up but can't find it now so please forgive me if it was resolved).....in JM's book it bothered me to read that when JM inspected the crime scene that he noted that the now infamous book "A 1,000 Places to See Before You Die" was on Travis' nightstand. I envisioned tormenting him with it as she flew into her rage. As was discussed on an earlier thread, the picture of Travis' bedroom inside JM's book did not show the left nightstand and the right nightstand did not have anything that resembled a book. I came across a picture that I had screen shot a long time ago (most likely it was from this forum so I apologize for not giving proper credit) but it has both nightstands in the photo and was wondering if that is "the book" sitting on the left nightstand? I've attached the screen shot photo (my 2 cents are in red) and a close-up of the nightstand. Thank you all for your help!!
attachment.php
attachment.php
It can't be the '1000 places...' book because of the picture below posted by Tex. Maybe it's his bible.

Someone so "strong in the Gospel" as Jodi claimed to be sure didn't remember the Gospel of Luke

And He said unto them, You will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself. What we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in your home country.
Luke 4:23

She's a SparkNotes kind of student. She showed no interest in anything that wasn't about her, or connected to her, or couldn't be used for her benefit. I truly doubt she ever read a book to learn anything beyond her narrow scope or read something simply for the pleasure of reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong