TKS S1 E7: "Wasteland"

Most LE are required to take psychological tests prior to employment. That's not to say though that a lot of smaller LE Offices do not do psychological testing. I spent 10+ years in LE starting out at a dispatcher my senior year of high school & worked my way up to Administrative Assistant to the Sheriff & Undersheriff of a rural Kansas LEO which at the time did NOT do psych. tests.
Agree. And - Hello, fellow rural Kansan! I have a lot of confidence in most of my local LEO's, but that isn't true for every community/city.

Wow- I realize this series is not anti-LE but looking out at the big picture, I do think there needs to be more accountability. We make teachers accountable through scores on high stake tests, we hold hospitals accountable through patient gathered feedback on services. Where is the accountability for LE? I know most members of law enforcement are hard working men and women. But reporting closed and cold cases needs to happen with stats available to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most LE do Psychological Testing prior to employment. That's NOT to say that all do psych. tests. Some smaller departments do not. I worked in LE for 10+ years. I started out dispatching my senior year in high school in 1979 & dispatched for 3 rural area Kansas LE Offices. I worked my way up to Administrative Assistant to the Sheriff & Undersheriff of one rural LEO. None that I worked for did any psych. testing. Bigger cities psych tests.

Agree. And - Hello, fellow rural Kansan! I have a lot of confidence in most of my local LEO's, but that isn't true for every community/city.

Hello! I was born & raised in Kansas. I do not currently live in Kansas but, hope to return to live there. Planning a visit this Christmas!

Hello! I was born & raised in Kansas. I do not currently live in Kansas but, hope to return to live there. Planning a visit this Christmas!

I actually lived there a long time ago myself. Its a small world. :) I love some of the small towns in southeast Kansas. Some great people there.

I'm a returnee. Have lived "away" three times. Came home for good a number of years ago.

I actually lived there a long time ago myself. Its a small world. :) I love some of the small towns in southeast Kansas. Some great people there.
Wow.. it IS a small world. SEK is my area.

Props to Josh and Rachael for showing what an epidemic these killings are and trying to expose the truth.

Ditto !!!

This series has been one of the best made true crime documentaries I have ever seen.

A job well done. Superb.

Thanks Josh and Rachel !!!

:goldcrown::yourock::goldcrown:

Wow.. it IS a small world. SEK is my area.

SEK was my area as well. Born at LMH in Lawrence, Ks & lived near Ottawa, Ks until 2000. Returned for a few years 2011-2013 & left again! Home Sweet Home! Small world.

PROPS to Josh & Rachel for going to the Cleveland Ohio Councilman to bring awareness to SK operating in Cleveland, OH!

We have serial killers,pack killers and the cartels hanging around.As I said on another thread APD made a mess out of this case just like Suffolk has.The search needs to go further out into the desert the mass graves will be further out.

I disagree with the profiler's opinion regarding the bodies being too close to Montoya's house. John Wayne Gacy, Todd Kolhepp, Dorothea Puente, Anthony Sowell, Jeff Dahmer, and Ed Gein are just a few off the top of my head who killed and kept the bodies in their yards or homes. H.H. Holmes back in the eighteen hundreds kept bodies in his home I believe.

Christine Barber, who runs the non-profit organization called Street Safe New Mexico, was a guest on Tricia's Websleuths radio show tonight with Josh and Rachel. Take a look at this Bad Guy List the group has compiled. Chilling, to say the least.

Christine Barber, who runs the non-profit organization called Street Safe New Mexico, was a guest on Tricia's Websleuths radio show tonight with Josh and Rachel. Take a look at this Bad Guy List the group has compiled. Chilling, to say the least.

This is SOOOO FREAKY!! OMG!
Disturbing...so many people wanting to HURT these girls.

Keep the discussion on the board as much as possible, please. Discussing private messaging each other is,rather rude, and actually a TOS violation.

Thanks.

When "The Seeker" said "Some of the scariest people I know are LE and ex LE", I was suddenly reminded of two things: A psychiatrist who once laughed at me when I said I thought cops were probably trustworthy; and a nun I used to work with who once said that those who carry a gun for a living are often making up for insecurities about the size of their penis (yes, she said that). Overall, these two things make me think it makes sense that a LE person could be involved.

Chuckled at the nun story:blushing: lol.. In any case COPS are HUMAN BEINGS ...the badge, gun, etc. doesn't make them less vulnerable to character flaws, temptations, mental illness/PSYCHOPATHY...
Absolutely makes sense..Still on the fence about WHO the perp(s) is myself...definitely makes sense though.

Most LE are required to take psychological tests prior to employment. That's not to say though that a lot of smaller LE Offices do not do psychological testing. I spent 10+ years in LE starting out at a dispatcher my senior year of high school & worked my way up to Administrative Assistant to the Sheriff & Undersheriff of a rural Kansas LEO which at the time did NOT do psych. tests.

I bet a REALLY good PSYCO/SOCIOPATH....could PASS those tests. I think it's easier than most would realize...pulling the wool over a persons eye's...even a trained eye. JMO
Not saying it's common..but I betcha it can and has been done:thinking:
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer