Post verdict discussion of evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Fry (Cisco Security Investigator)

Fry's testimony:
He examined computer evidence provided by the prosecution.

Fry found "codes" that show Brad Cooper had used a router about
10 p.m. on July 11, 2008
; (the day before Nancy Cooper was
reported missing.)

"I found evidence that Brad Cooper had checked out two routers from
Cisco and that only one had been returned."

Bradley was sleeping at 10PM, correct?

Not only was he using that router that night, JTF, but the log files show him using his work laptop multiple times between 9pm and midnight, when he said he was sound asleep and never awoke. I think it was something like 6 or 7 times he hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and entered his password to get on his CSCO laptop.

Chris Fry (Cisco Security Investigator)
Fry found "codes" that show Brad Cooper had used a router about 10 p.m. on July 11, 2008; (the day before Nancy Cooper was reported missing.)

The windows system event log shows several things.
1) Since it has the MAC address of the router, it shows the model of router. It was a router capable of spoofing phone calls.
2) Also, since it has the MAC address of the router, it shows that the router was directly attached to the laptop. This proves the router was in the house.
3) Further, since the log shows an IP address error, one can conclude someone had just changed an IP address. So, he must have been configuring the router.

Put it all together: while he waited for NC to come home, he was already creating his false alibi.

The windows system event log shows several things.
1) Since it has the MAC address of the router, it shows the model of router. It was a router capable of spoofing phone calls.
2) Also, since it has the MAC address of the router, it shows that the router was directly attached to the laptop. This proves the router was in the house.
3) Further, since the log shows an IP address error, one can conclude someone had just changed an IP address. So, he must have been configuring the router.

Put it all together: while he waited for NC to come home, he was already creating his false alibi.

Wonder what old brad is doing with his time? No more computers, no more gadgets to play with all day. No more Ironman. Too bad he didn't just let Nancy move back to Toronto.

Hello everyone,

I still don’t understand why Brad's attorney did not prepare any computer forensics expert in his witness list to do be testified in the court? Jay Ward was fanatics expert and he lots of fact on the table.

I would like to hear from you guys, what did you learn from this case?
I am not a lawyer but I deal with compute forensics and clearly there were lots of error in the case, HK should have a computer forensics expert from the beginning?
We do need to have judge to understand the fundamental of IT because lots of digital evidences were ignored in Bradly’s case and we do need to independent party to help the judge to understand these digital evidences.
Thanks to everyone and this forum is full of useful information for everyone....

I find the concept of life without parole - no hope for any type of rehabilitation - to be very disturbing. It gives the impression that professionals lack the skills to work with criminals, to try to put them on the right path. I'm obviously not an advocate of the death penalty, and always have hope that most of those people that make tremendous mistakes in their lives can become better people at some point before they are dead. Certainly some people are hopeless, but I see them as a minority requiring psychiatric care due to severe psychological disturbance.

IMO, it's not about rehab at this level, it's about justice. First Degree Murder.

macd,

The facts are simply not going to get in the way of emotions and conspiracy theories. It doesn't matter how clear you make it (and you have made this computer file 'tampering' stuff super simple for all). People are going with their feelings of unfairness and there is no amount of logic that will prevail over feelings.

If the defense claims tampering then they need to explain how VALID files got changed too. BC's work during the morning hrs at CSCO on 7/11, BC logging into a secure website for his banking account, BC logging into a secure website to check his Hilton Honors points. Those ALL had invalid timestamps too and no one is saying BC did not visit those sites on 7/11. All of the logging in and out of the CSCO network between the hrs of 9:30pm and midnight on 7/11, when BC claims he was asleep and not using a computer -- no one claims those files were planted either. Even his style of searching is consistent. There is no evidence of tampering that will pass the sniff test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23