Newbies ask questions

This usually works for me, but sometimes it doesn't. (Often because I read at bedtime & tend to fall asleep before fully caught up [emoji42]) When I'm really trying to catch up & have a lot to read, I take a screenshot pic on my phone (always how I access WS). Then I know where to pick back up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this idea! THANKS BUNCHES!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Coastal did a good job explaining how to stay logged in. As far as losing your place, I know how frustrating that is. I tried clicking on the "read first unread post" and didn't think it was very accurate. So I figured out another way to find where I left off. It's kind of hard to explain but I'll try.

I always start from and leave off from the main page named "Dr. Teresa Sievers" where all the threads are listed. From the last time I was reading I will look and see apx what time was the very last post I read. Then I refresh the page. Now all the threads that have unread posts in them are bolded.

Starting from the lowest thread on the page that is bolded, I click on it. I sort my threads by most recent first, seems to be easier for me. The lower the thread, the fewer unread posts it has on it. From the top of the page, I press the "end of page" key and go to the bottom, look at the time on the post and recalling what time I left off, I know if I need to scroll up to read the posts or go to another page farther back. I also try to leave a "thank you" on one of the last posts I read on any thread as a marker.

Once finished with a thread, go back to the main page and read the next lowest one from the bottom. This way, the unread threads will stay bolded.

If you have followed me so far, you're doing great. I don't want to make a confusing process any worse than it already is, so if you have questions please ask. This is what I have worked out by trial and error. There may be others who have a better method. I don't know. If they do though, I'd love to hear what it is!

Coastal's post was awesome. Tapatalk used to take me right to where i left off, but for some reason the last few weeks it no longer does that. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Is there a forum/thread discussing the multiple holistic doctors who have gone missing/murdered/died? There's too many for it to be a coincidence right?

I don't see a conspiracy theory at all because if you do the research the theory doesn't make sense. The theory started after TS's murder and included two other docs, one committed suicide (he was being investigated by the feds and was most likely going to prison for awhile) and the other doc died of natural causes (he was an older man and died after exercising). So when the "health nut" blogger wrote about these three deaths, a conspiracy theory unfolded by adding many other doctors in the US and Mexico to have either died or gone missing recently. But if you actually look at the individual cases, there is no connection except for them being in the medical field.

How do you reply with quote on Tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Touch the thread you want to quote. You should have the option of "Touch" "Quote" "Share" "More".
Touch the "Quote" option and it takes you to the last post of the thread where you can post your reply to the quoted thread.
I hope that makes sense! [emoji4]

Am I the only one who has a little thumb tack by all the threads? I click that on the main Teresa Sievers page and it takes me to the first post I haven't read yet.

I just checked the main Teresa Sievers page and I don't see thumb tacks. I use an ipad2.....maybe that's why?

I just checked the main Teresa Sievers page and I don't see thumb tacks. I use an ipad2.....maybe that's why?

They don't always show up for me and I'm always on a laptop. Sometimes when I visit before logging in, unread threads are bolded, however, when I log in, they're not. I've been trying to figure out a pattern, but no luck so far. I am determined, lol. :D

OR, you could be caught up on all the latest comments, nothing new to read?? I am using IPad2 and have had no issues with thumbtacks since I realized how to use them.

How do you reply with quote on Tapatalk?

I just found this thread, so my apologies for the delay in replying. I'm going to assume you haven't figured this one out yet :blushing: :giggle:

Here's a SS of your post:

5910027e92f6ce7ec1c5db2ca8bbb9c8.jpg

When I tap on it once (granted I'm on an iPhone) the tabs/options appear on the bottom. I select "quote" and in doing so, your post appears in a new window (the one I'm typing in now, as a matter of fact).

I enter my text below it, and it allows me to add the SS image from my camera roll, and when I'm finished, I click "Reply" on the upper right hand corner.

If I want to multi-quote, I select the last tab/option ("more") which is reserved for web-view and multi-quote (and sometimes reporting posts).
ETA:
9968eefaf71c0a459512174fb464317a.jpg

Once you've selected a post(s), the post changes color (with the most recent update, the post background switches from white to light blue). When you're ready to go, you click the three red horizontal dots in the upper right hand corner, next to the :star: - which happens to turn yellow when you're subscribed to a thread/forum BTW). This is the equivalent of the reply button. From here, just repeat the italicized (2nd) paragraph, as above.

Hope this helps!

:)

I just found this thread, so my apologies for the delay in replying. I'm going to assume you haven't figured this one out yet :blushing: :giggle:

When I tap on it once (granted I'm on an iPhone) the tabs/options appear on the bottom. I select "quote" and in doing so, your post appears in a new window (the one I'm typing in now, as a matter of fact).

I enter my text below it, and it allows me to add the SS image from my camera roll, and when I'm finished, I click "Reply" on the upper right hand corner.

If I want to multi-quote, I select the last tab/option ("more") which is reserved for web-view and multi-quote (and sometimes reporting posts).
ETA:

Once you've selected a post(s), the post changes color (with the most recent update, the post background switches from white to light blue). When you're ready to go, you click the three red horizontal dots in the upper right hand corner, next to the :star: - which happens to turn yellow when you're subscribed to a thread/forum BTW). This is the equivalent of the reply button. From here, just repeat the italicized (2nd) paragraph, as above.

Hope this helps!

Another Tapatalk question... I know how to use the quote option but is it possible to quote only part of a post? And is it possible to bold or use italics when quoting with Tapatalk?

Another Tapatalk question... I know how to use the quote option but is it possible to quote only part of a post? And is it possible to bold or use italics when quoting with Tapatalk?

Yes, once you've done what I posted above, the text appears.... All you need to do is edit the text out that you wish to remove. This is where we WSer (WebSleuthers) use acronyms to let others know we have snipped a post (RSBM = Respectfully Snipped By Me)

Since we can't access the codes to bold, italicize or underline, I enter those codes manually. To do so, you need to place these codes as bookends on the text you wish to emphasize. I will show you how this works. Please note, this site requires you to enter the codes without spaces.. However, I am typing them with spaces in order for you to see what characters to type (I hope this makes sense). You can always quote any post to see what any WSer has used to format their post using the BBC Code formatting system (which is how this site works).

So, I'm quoting your post, but I removed a sentence. At the end, I placed the codes around the sentence I wished to emphasize. It can be a word, or a paragraph. I've found that Tapatalk can be a bit touchy if you bold too much text :(
Again, the actual codes do not have spaces in between them -

RSBM / BBM (Bold By Me)
Another Tapatalk question... [ B ]And is it possible to bold or use italics when quoting with Tapatalk?[ B ]

To review: the codes (remember, use the codes as bookends, without spaces to add emphasis to your posts/

To bold: [ B ]enter your text here.[ / B ]
To underline: [ U ]enter your text here.[ / U ]
To italicize: [ I ]enter your text here.[ / I ]

I hope this helps! :)

ETA:

Hope this helps!

Thanks, I figured out the quote, but your other tips are great!

Hope this is ok to post:
It's been a long and emotional few months for some of us. Cheers to all the great minds here! I'll be holding my family extra close this holiday season as it is so clear how lucky I am to have them all.
~

Attachments

• _20151125_162021.JPG
    _20151125_162021.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 253
Thanks so much kimi! I might have to practice a little but I think I understand. You are a good teacher!

Wow, what a PITA if you don't update Tapatalk.

Wow, what a PITA if you don't update Tapatalk.

It's a PITA when WS doesn't update their plug in after the update too! Then we keep getting signed out on WebView regardless of whether we are on mobile or full site. :(

Hopefully Dave will address this soon!
:please:

Oh man, took me a moment to understand you guys were not talking about flatbread..

-Nin

It's a PITA when WS doesn't update their plug in after the update too! Then we keep getting signed out on WebView regardless of whether we are on mobile or full site. :(

[emoji14]lease:

Thanks, kimi. Right now, I'm experiencing difficulties accessing certain threads and PMs.

Thanks, kimi. Right now, I'm experiencing difficulties accessing certain threads and PMs.

From my experience, this is a plug in issue. Because of the old plug in, I've had issues accessing threads in the Parking Lot, and PMs. I get an error message that I don't have authorization to access the thread, or it's been deleted by the Admin (especially if I try to access it via Notifications).

However, if I try to click via "Following" it works fine (or from the "Home" which is where you access your profile, there's a drop down where you can see PMs).

The other option, if you're still signed in, is to utilize WebView. I'm on an iPhone, so if you're on another device, it may differ.

I've alerted this thread, and asked that Dave, our Tech Wiz, to take a look at your concerns.
HTH!

:please:

Dave took care of the update. All is well in Websleuths land.

Just wondering if someone could possibly help me out. I know there's no shortcuts to WS cases.
My cousin is physically disabled and is currently home-bound in Howard Beach, NY.
She's mega cool and totally excited about learning more about the Siever's case. She (Maureen) shares the same passion for justice as we all do.
Any ideas in how to quickly introduce her to the Siever's case, without feeling intimated, would be greatly appreciated!!
Maybe DexterMorgan can create an intro/time line 😆.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500