TKS S1 E8: "American Nightmare"

I thought it was 2010 that he died?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Nope. He died in 2002. (link)

Yancy, who was paroled in 2010, and the daughter are still around.

Good work Rachel and Josh. Certainly a disturbing trip down the rabbit hole, but it shed some light on the LISK case and others, which can only be a good thing, if you ask me.

I used to comment here occasionally, but when the case got cold and the theories started piling up, I stopped coming by. But it's funny now how many of the things that people were saying turned out to be true. The corruption within the SCPD, for example. It's encouraging that the FBI is involved now and the SCPD appear to be trying to finally trying to seriously make an effort to solve this case. I loved seeing Peter and other posters from here. Some insightful people.

Anyway, great work, I thin you guys did a great service to a lot of people and I certainly hope there will be more episodes in teh future. To that end, is there anything we can do? Petition the network perhaps?

Wow!!
So much bigger than just Long Island!

What were the other 2 cities found in cluster?

Strange that LE did interview that SK lover in Massapequa already.

Finding that plot of land in NM by looking at topography maps was so amazing...didn't know it would be illegal to dig...sad they wouldn't look into that.

Citizens are always trying to help and give tips and seems it can be overlooked and even ignored (West Mesa tip line didn't even work!!)

I want to know the other 2 cities too. Maybe it's on his site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome posts as usual !!!!

Can I toss out a question or two ? If LISK is still alive (Its my belief he is not) would all this attention move him to stop for while? Or does this escalate him to a new level ? Commit more murders, alter his victim profile ?

Wow. That map is super sad. I know Cleveland has some serious crime issues but I didn't know about most of these. I was dumbfounded watching the final episode of TKS because of how much time (and the fact that the segment was in such a prominent spot when you take the series as a whole, i.e. at the end of the final episode!) they spent on Cleveland.

I grew up in Cleveland (a nice, old suburb on the east side, but bordering CLE). I've lived on the west side for a total of about 7 years now. I live in the CLE PD district where Tamir Rice was sadly shot and literally smack in the middle of where the three girls were abducted - like literally - walking distance. We all passed that Seymour house hundreds of times because of where it was situated in relation to the freeway. I still find it almost unbelievable. Amanda's poor mom really kept her case out there. I lived in TX for a total of about 10 years and I would occasionally think about her and the others, even way down there, and Google them to see if there was any progress. It's really too bad that she passed away before they were found.

I moved back and forth between the two states, which is why I wrote a "total of" however many years. Both times I moved home, I lived in the building where I still am today, located in 2nd district, right on the main road, as described above. Actually, I also lived on Long Island for the academic year '13/'14. Maybe I need to reevaluate how I choose cities of residence!

If anyone has any questions about Cleveland - it's geography, topography, history, local lore (NOT gossip!) or whatever, feel free to reply in the appropriate place (this is my first post!) or message me. For example, many people have understandably wondered if Ashley Summers' disappearance was related to the other case when the girls were found. The way the city area are laid out and what not, they are very close on the map but may as well be miles apart being crossed by major freeways and roads, divided into distinct smaller neighborhoods, local travel defined by public transportation routes, etc. it never seemed likely to me that she fit in with the victimology of the other girls - if that's the proper way to say it. If I don't have an answer, I'll see if I can find one, if possible.

I would say I know the city well having grown up so close to the city proper and spending so much time downtown even as kid visiting my mom at work or shopping at the big department stores and then working, playing and living in and around downtown as an adult. As teenagers we'd hang out as teenagers do, but also regularly visited the little museum located in CPD headquarters. It's still amazingly (and surprisingly!) cool as far as those things go. Lastly, because of all the friends I made along the way, I'm just a degree or two of separation from some of the people in a few of the noteworthy cases.

TL; DR If you have any Cleveland questions, ask away!

Thanks for the map, Bessie. I know what I'm doing the rest of the night...

If anyone is interested, here is the link to the Cleveland Police Museum. I haven't been there in at least 20 years, but it's nice to see it's still open and seems elevated to serious museum status. Knowing this city, I wouldn't have been one bit surprised if I had found it was shut down or neglected. :shame:

http://www.clevelandpolicemuseum.org/

Thank you, roamingirl. :tyou;

I'd love to see these EC cases get more exposure. We have a few members from the region who follow. It's great to have you on board with us.

ETA: I've been umable todiring the update the map over the past year. I hope to get back to the research soon. Meanwhile, if you're aware of new info on existing cases, or of any cases that are missing, please post about them here. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! I hope my post wasn't too long. I always write too much. :/ I just thought I'd offer my insider info/insight to people if they are working on these cases or curious about outcomes, etc.

I am not really up on the happenings in East Cleveland. That's another suburb, not just the east side of Cleveland, which I think is confusing to people. That was always the "bad" neighborhood, where the bad kids bought pot in high school. lol. It's been in bad shape for a long time. There was talk of it being annexed into Cleveland because EC was so broke and generally a mess. Probably mismanaged, but I don't know the details or current status of that. My grandparents lived there when they first came to Cleveland. There were a lot of Jewish immigrant families back then. They all moved out to better neighborhoods as it started to decline - mine in 1970 when I came along, to a larger apt in a place with excellent public schools not far away. It's sad because there is a lot of history and old architecture that is just beyond renovation at this point. Its definitely not regentrified. I haven't been there in years despite it's proximity to where I've lived and worked. Even then it was crazy portholes and just dilapidated. There was never really a reason to go there except to take a different route to the shoreway and downtown. I would imagine that they have/had barely any resources to work on the cases all these years rather than neglect from lack of care.

I would not count the SK from the Marion/Ashland area as a CLE SK! It's near Mansfield where the big state prison is. It's really nowhere near here. Northern/NE portion of the state boarding the lake is almost a different place from the rest of the state. Linguistically it's more aligned with the eastern states. (I studied linguistics, forensic ling specifically but that's for another day!)

I started working on a map of places I've lived and worked. I thought I would then add on places of interest or landmarks and such - not to copy your map, although it could be compared. Places like abduction areas, The House of He Who Shall Not Be Named, and similar. But, I actually have a little real work that I MUST do so I really need to put this all on hold for the moment! So bad!

Body found during search for missing Cleveland teen

on January 29, 2017 at 11:10 PM, updated January 30, 2017 at 12:40 AM

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Police searching for a missing teen girl have discovered the body of a female in an abandoned home.
The identity of the body has not been determined, according to police Sgt. Jennifer Ciaccia.

Police were searching yards and abandoned homes in an area on the city's East Side in a search for Alianna Defreeze when the body was found in a house at 9412 Fuller Ave. at about 7:30 p.m.

Alianna, 14, was reported missing Thursday after she did not arrive at school after getting on a bus that morning. Alianna, who has mental-health issues, was last seen getting onto the bus in the 3400 block of East 149th Street.
Alianna is 5-foot-2, 119 pounds.

The police department's Homicide Unit and the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office are working to identify the victim and determine the cause of death, police say.

Anyone with information regarding Alianna is asked to contact investigators at 216-623-5418 or call 911.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back