Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just posted today's story from The Herald News on the media thread. It talks about LE doing more searches for Lisa and mentions the Goodwill tip.

thank you windchime!

Going to read that article now strach....... this is the first I have heard about the goodwill trip.... hummmm......

also.... CS sure seems to be tight liped lately... maybe he got a clue!

I just read on the chicago 2 news website the Stebic family has rasied the reward money to $50,000.00

I wonder if those clothes didn't fit her since they reported in the beginning she had lost weight? If they did fit and they were new then he has a problem.

I wonder if those clothes didn't fit her since they reported in the beginning she had lost weight? If they did fit and they were new then he has a problem.

Whether they fit her or not, that should not be a priority of his to be going to Goodwill right at this time. Geez, this guy must have taken lessons from the Scott Peterson school of Missing Wives!!!!

I just wish it seemed like the police were making some headway, I worry that he may take off with the kids!!!!

Like the article said, the interest in the case seems to be fading, I live about 10 minutes from there & it is not big news here and that's terrible~~!!!

Whether they fit her or not, that should not be a priority of his to be going to Goodwill right at this time. Geez, this guy must have taken lessons from the Scott Peterson school of Missing Wives!!!!

I just wish it seemed like the police were making some headway, I worry that he may take off with the kids!!!!

Like the article said, the interest in the case seems to be fading, I live about 10 minutes from there & it is not big news here and that's terrible~~!!!

I doubt he is going anywhere without his Annuity and Pension Fund.

I hope the intrest in this case picks up. I live in plainfield and believe that the "intrest" will help break the perp. We need to be in his face. Her picture needs to be hanging everywhere this person goes, so he sees it...and feels it ....and....finally caves

I read in one of the articles that most of the missing flyers have fallen down or been blown away....

Does anyone know if they are going to have more searches by volunteers? or even have volunteers help go door to door and hand out flyers..... and put up new flyers.... this needs to be out in the news..... the family and friends MUST keep her face out there.....

A candle light vigil is good too.... gets attention.... call the media..... and let them know when it is going to be... attention attention attention........ that is what Lisa needs!

Hi Strach,

You asked me about the weapons that Craig Stebic had when he was arrested on weapon charges & if they can be used for hunting in Ilinois. Sorry I'm just getting back to you now, I had to run the other night.

First the Universal 10-gauge double barrel shotgun. 10-gauge is as big as you can go in Illinois as far as shotguns, both size, power & weight. They are mostly used for geese & other waterfowl because of their size & weight. Hunting waterfowl you normally boat in to your blind, or are dropped off via truck, etc. You then sit. No walking except from boat or vehicle. You really don't want to be walking with one of these hunting upland game. Hit a rabbit with one of these & you would probably have just a furball left. It would also be unwieldly to swing on birds such as quail or pheasant. You would also have the puff feather effect on birds with this shotgun too, IF you can hit them. You can hunt deer with these but I can't recall the last time I saw a box of 10-gauge deer slugs. A powerful shotgun.

The Desert Eagle .44 magnum handgun can be used in Illinois for deer hunting. It is also very popular for sport shooters who shoot at ranges or private land. It's a lot of fun to shoot. It is another very powerful weapon.

The Chinese-made AK-47 semiautomatic assault rifle & the Ruger Mini-14 assault rifle are not allowed for hunting in Illinois. Illinois has a great part of it's terrain that is flat open farm land & the rounds from these weapons can carry too far to be considered safe for hunting. Both are very popular sporting firearms. Once again, they are a lot of fun to shoot. Sport shooters fire these at gun ranges & private land. The AK-47 was originally a Russian manufactured assault rifle designed by Mikhail Kalashnikov & adopted in 1947. Hence the AK-47 label. It fires a 7.62 mm round. It is one of the most popular automatic assault rifles in the world & copied by many, including the Chinese. It is probably the most produced military firearm in history. The automatic version is tightly controlled here in the United States. The semiautomatic version can be purchased legally & are relatively expensive. Still fun to shoot.
The Ruger Mini-14 is a sport rifle produced for target shooters, vermin, etc. Some police departments use it to fill the gap in their arsenal between the handguns & the sniper rifle. It is chambered to fire the .223 Remington round & the 5.56 mm military round. The 5.56 is used by the the USA military in all of the automatic M16 family of rifles. The Mini-14 is another fun sporting gun to shoot plus it is used a lot to control pests & vermin around farm areas.

Every weapon he had/has is perfectly legal. I have friends & I have seen people with as much as his and more. Just with this, he has a nice collection of firearms & it looks like he is an avid sports shooter. He has already stated that he is a hunter. 2nd Amendment guarantees his right to own the firearms.
His slip up of claiming that he had used his truck to haul rabbits after hunting the week before Lisa disappeared is a telling one. Rabbit season ended in January. You know well the police know this & more. He is aswering on the fly now & I'm sure there is more that the PD has. They are now working hard to find her & I fear they are looking for a body. The blood in his truck and on his tarp show to me that he transported her body in that vehicle. The police will find her & bring justice to her family & friends. I never use the word "closure". I believe that never happens.

JP76ER
JMHO

Thanks JP76ER :cool:

I am familar with the .44 and AK47, these are guns my ex and brother have, target shooting and hunting. My father and brother have huge gun collections but I haven't bothered them because I just can't fathom any of these weapons being used to hunt little rabbits. Deer and Bear of course but I think Craig changed it from deer to rabbits because for there to be blood there must be the animal and the children obviously would've seen it. Now let LE test the guns to see which ones were shot supposedly for rabbit and catch him lying or there is another gun unaccounted for imo. Also LE said or so it was reported that none of the guns taken looked like they had been fired. Isn't that strange?

Hi Strach,

I really don't think he shot her. If he did, you're right, where's the weapon? If it was legally purchased, the PD will have him on that particular weapon being missing. If he bought one illegally, I'm sure they are checking banking & spending data to see if he bought one. If he did shoot her, it was small enough to not make enough noise to draw attention. He would still have to been so careful to completely have not left any blood evidence. I don't think he shot her but time may tell. I truly hope she is alive & I pray for her family & friends. Just not a good thing & way too much of it happening.

JP76ER
JMHO

I completely agree JP76ER. I do think if he did this it was done in that very tight time frame of when he sent the children to the store no matter how it went down or came about. Using a gun is too risky in my opnion because of the noise and the houses look close. Then there is blood and ballistics.

The hunting rabbit story seems so far-fetched from what we know for it to be believable. If I were LE and the test resuts on those guns came back as not having been fired recently, CS would have some explaining to do. :waitasec:

We know he was at the Michigan property the weekend before she disappeared and LE did go there and search. Makes you wonder why they did at that stage and what CS told LE before he lawyered up.

I completely agree JP76ER. I do think if he did this it was done in that very tight time frame of when he sent the children to the store no matter how it went down or came about. Using a gun is too risky in my opnion because of the noise and the houses look close. Then there is blood and ballistics.

The hunting rabbit story seems so far-fetched from what we know for it to be believable. If I were LE and the test resuts on those guns came back as not having been fired recently, CS would have some explaining to do. :waitasec:

We know he was at the Michigan property the weekend before she disappeared and LE did go there and search. Makes you wonder why they did at that stage and what CS told LE before he lawyered up.

I have visions of strangling ( just like I felt with Laci )- but I also wonder if he hit her in the head with the shovel, if there is actuallyl blood on a tarp, perhaps from an injury from a hit-
:(

Thanks for the update closeobserver. I'll post it on the media thread.

The first thing I thought when I started to read it was the arrest was in Oct. so it wasn't hunting season and then the officer went on to talk about that. Even though they didn't find the animals I wonder if they tested the blood to make sure it was an animal's.

Didn't know his father was with him at the time either so I wonder if he too was charged or it was just Craig because the guns were registered to him.

Can you imagine with 150 acres of their property, then 100's of mining pits that strech out 1100 miles that LE could even begin to search those areas? Is it even possible that he could've taken Lisa there without an accomplice? Or he put her someplace else closer and then moved her? If they had some kind of poaching thing going on and it sure sounds like they did and never got caught maybe that's why CS was so sure of himself in his threats to Lisa.

Thanks for the update closeobserver. I'll post it on the media thread.

The first thing I thought when I started to read it was the arrest was in Oct. so it wasn't hunting season and then the officer went on to talk about that. Even though they didn't find the animals I wonder if they tested the blood to make sure it was an animal's.

Didn't know his father was with him at the time either so I wonder if he too was charged or it was just Craig because the guns were registered to him.

Can you imagine with 150 acres of their property, then 100's of mining pits that strech out 1100 miles that LE could even begin to search those areas? Is it even possible that he could've taken Lisa there without an accomplice? Or he put her someplace else closer and then moved her? If they had some kind of poaching thing going on and it sure sounds like they did and never got caught maybe that's why CS was so sure of himself in his threats to Lisa.

That is exactly why I do not believe they will ever find her-- :mad:
what a :razz:

Here's a scary story about CS. Sounds like this cop thought CS was going to shoot him. It also talks of his practice of hiding bodies from way back in 1995.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_152205923.html

Oh, My! This story certainly paints a picture of Craig his defense attorney won't like! Coming from a Law Enforcement officer, this statement is going to be difficult to overcome as to the true colors of Craig and his father!

He can no longer hide behind his facade of the kind, loving father and husband...when he confronted an officer while engaged in such an illegal act and put the seasoned officer in fear enough to draw his weapon. Their gut instinct has been honed to see danger and his interview says it all. Craig definitely has a darker side.

I have another "what if" for you to contemplate. What if the children never went to the store? What if they went with their father to dump her body and were threatened by Craig not to talk?

Everyone is assuming what the children told LE in the beginning is true, but if it isn't...that would give Craig from the time they got out of school until the next day...Right?! Giving him plenty of time to dispose of her body in upper Michigan.

Has anyone stated they saw the children on their bikes or at the store? It would seem a positive ID could be made on the kids during the time they were supposed to have been there from the clerk or other witnesses. I wonder if the store had CCTV? LE should make for certain their stories check out by looking at videos either there or along the way. If they can't talk to the children, they can still verify their whereabouts with the cams. Hmmm...

Did anyone ever find out anything about this cellphone being found? I wonder if this is info that LE is holding back. Very interesting!

post_old.gif
05-17-2007, 12:17 PM
micaelasmama
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1488603", true);

i was just curious if anyone heard anything about the cell phone that they allegedly found on 5/12 during the search? (i havent found an article on it.....one of the red cross people told me at the search!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah