Who was George Brody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Annasmom, please say me, with precision the birth town -in Philippines islands-of George Henry Waters
California Death Index, 1940-1997 about George Henry Waters
Name: George Henry Waters
Social Security #: 116303625
Sex: MALE
Birth Date: 14 Apr 1939
Birthplace: Philippines
Death Date: 7 Jan 1982
Death Place: San Francisco
Mother's Maiden Name: Martin
seeming to me that was born in Manila... it is possible??
Thank you,
raf

No, the town he was born is is called Iloilo (ILOILO).

Iloilo...? Dear Annasmom you can see this file, abt the birthplace of this man (GWB's niece's husband) and say me if the birthplace of this man( please no write the name) in Philippine island, it is around Iloilo or so?http://s5.imagestime.com/out.php/i380369_19301.jpg
thanks,
raf
Raf, I do not know the Philippines at all, so I can't really tell where this might be. However, the family had no connection with this place before World War II, and GW only happened to be born there because his parents were medical missionaries who were then interned in a concentration camp with other Americans.

I don't know if this will help raf, but I googled map of phillipines. Manila is on a differnt island than Ioliolo City, and looks like it is about 200km/150 miles north of Ioliolo, which is on Panay Island. I didn't look at the name of the island Manila is on.

gotta run, but will bbl.

to Annasmom:
ok, yes I understand, but this man, the philippino, immigrated in USA in 1930, and in 1959 married at GWB niece... the woman that in the first time replied not my emails, after replied finally, and other members here contacted and she no replied more to me... but what is interesting that she replied to one member of WBS and affirmed that the man in picture (GB) was her uncle(GWB)... when knew that was, possibly, involved in Anna abduction, she denied so much, and denied that the man in picture (GB) was GWB...
but it is not important because I know that GB and GWB are same person... and because she said "yes is my uncle" in first time, well for me is enough... and I'm searching and collecting any possible and available data pertaining GB/GWB, because having more infos will be possible to make a rational plan of Anna's search..
It is hard, but we must try.... for that my efforts are for to know better GB/GWB, because if we understand better this man, we can understand what could have made and thought abt Anna abduction...
as first thought, I think that the abduction plan was created by GB; but, physically, the abduction was made from other GB companions... and in effects GB and GW had good alibi for the 16 jan 1973... GW conserved also a lab slip of 18 jan 1973 ab a man... good alibi...
but where they could hide Anna? a little girl needing of many cures... and GW was not in good health, but was always a doctor and the girl's father also... and I believe that he, as father and doctor, never arranged in bad way Anna... so I believe that Anna was hidden near reliable people in California... all relatives of GWB was in California...

If I was a man as GB (!), well I would have hidden Anna from my relatives... and nobody, never descovered, because nobody knew the true identity of GB.. and nobody knew the relatives.... so Anna had to be hidden in a place not near where was the surveyings, but not a lot far away from San Francisco... that almost initially... and after?
I said that GB was not a pedophile and not a killer, he had only the money in the mind... and the women, but just by words, because he was a old man ... so he thinking only to money: insurance=money.. and that was all that had GB in the mind... so by this thought, we can think that he it could have given Anna for illegal adoption... maybe by money... it is possible... so we must descovering many things, but as next steps, we must know:
-who was GWB relatives ( and someone we already know)
-where they living around 1973 (and that it is a bit hard)
-to investigate in their places of residence, near their addresses (ditto)
-which were the places in California where was possible make a illegal adoption in 1973 without much problems....
but, always, are my thoughts only....
all the best,
raf

to cubby:
the husband of GWB niece seeming born in San Manuel Pang.; well the "Pang." what means... it will be a isle?
raf

to cubby:
the husband of GWB niece seeming born in San Manuel Pang.; well the "Pang." what means... it will be a isle?
raf

Hi raf,
Pang. is the abbreviation for Pangasinan- which is the name of the province. San Manuel, is the city or town within the province of Pangasinan. I hope this helps.

This morning I found a 1942 divorce record for GWB in Sacramento and called Dr. Doogie. (actually woke him up, thanks for the time zones!) Begged and pleaded with Doogie to take a trip to Sacramento and look up the case. As it turns out he was headed to Sacramento anyway, and found the cases over 10 yrs ago are stored in another warehouse. He ordered the record and will take about 10 days to arrive back at the courthouse. Hopefully, we will be able to look at some handwriting or signatures to compare with GB's handwriting.

Telephone and email contact has been made with the son of GWB and has been confirmed that GWB is not our GB. The son was very helpful in our search of who GB really is. He has supplied a copy of his fathers death certificate from 1958 plus several photos of his father at different ages. The son was very pleasant and has also volunteered to help out in Anna's case should the need arise anything looked up in the Sacramento area. He is like us sleuths, but he is a private investigator.

Thanks to Raf for the endless time put into looking into the possibility that GWB could be GB. Still so much resemblence between a sister of GWB and of the Uncle Merrel, we are searching if the uncle had any sons.

Hi SherlockJr, it was the better option, but he is not... frankly it is hard... GB could be a any John Smith born in the States... we know nothing of sure abt this man... only that it had to be born around 1907 .. by 1941 article...

he was a diabolic man.... and frankly... I know not where to search... seeming a man never existed.. however some my intuitions I believe right... the identity remaining a hard mystery....
it seemed matching enough with GWB, instead is not he...
all the best,
raf

Telephone and email contact has been made with the son of GWB and has been confirmed that GWB is not our GB. The son was very helpful in our search of who GB really is. He has supplied a copy of his fathers death certificate from 1958 plus several photos of his father at different ages. The son was very pleasant and has also volunteered to help out in Anna's case should the need arise anything looked up in the Sacramento area. He is like us sleuths, but he is a private investigator.

Thanks to Raf for the endless time put into looking into the possibility that GWB could be GB. Still so much resemblence between a sister of GWB and of the Uncle Merrel, we are searching if the uncle had any sons.

Thank you for the update Sherlockjr. A great many thanks to the son of GWB for providing the information to Sherlock! It warms my heart to see others do so, and not take offense to the 'possibility' or to rule out potential leads. Of course, I can't thank raf enough for her hours upon hours of dedication and research as well. TY!

Cubby

I just read that San Francisco birth records from 1906 and earlier were destroyed in the great earthquake and fire of that year. I am wondering if anybody has any verification of that and whether you think it might have been possible that Brody was actually born in San Francisco, had no birth record, and decided to take advantage of that fact to avoid the WW2 draft and other things which would have required documentation. Would the local birth records have been backed up in Sacramento, the capital?

Hi Annasmom.

I've been doing lots of research on GB's and will run them past you soon, I would like to know if Raf has also researched the same GB's. As you know, I have my own case going at the same time. I will get back to you soon with what I have found.

Love, Hugs and prayers

Hi Ozziemum,
I searched several GB.. in all spelling... born around 1900/10 abt...

-we know not if George Brody was born with this name
-we know not when and where he was born
-appearing not with George Brody name in this military databases abt California State:
WWII U.S. Navy Aircraft Carrier Muster Rolls, 1939-1949
U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946
U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942

-we know nothing of sure abt this guy, only that: from 1936 to 1944 he was in Oakland with George Brody name;
-by 1941 article of Oakland Tribune, seeming born around 1907...
-we have some pictures abt GB...
-we know that he lived with Margaret Kukoda in San Francisco, CA; they never married..

so this data are the only sure data ..
best regards,
raf

Would there be any records available on people who avoided/were disqualified from being drafted during WW2

Is there any chance that Brody is a middle name, not a last name but he made it his last name in his later years?

I found a G Brody Cave born in 1895 in Surry, NC There is also a G. Brody Gallman born in 1898 in Newbury, NC

Lastly, could Brody have been a wife's maiden name that he adopted. I found a George T Brown who married a Ann Virginia Brody on March 2, 1925 in Rigby, Idaho. I found conflicting birthdates for him. One says he was born in 1880 in Illinois, another census says he was born in 1904 in Idaho (they are definitely the same person--same wife). Is this two old?

Is there any chance that Brody is a middle name, not a last name but he made it his last name in his later years?

I found a G Brody Cave born in 1895 in Surry, NC There is also a G. Brody Gallman born in 1898 in Newbury, NC

Lastly, could Brody have been a wife's maiden name that he adopted. I found a George T Brown who married a Ann Virginia Brody on March 2, 1925 in Rigby, Idaho. I found conflicting birthdates for him. One says he was born in 1880 in Illinois, another census says he was born in 1904 in Idaho (they are definitely the same person--same wife). Is this two old?
Anything is possible, but I would say that without other evidence (such as residence in San Francisco, etc.) these are not very likely candidates, especially since we think GB was probably born about 1907. Thank you for searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member