IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a fan of trying to keep the thread on topic too. I've read every single post since the beginning but have only commented a few times because the conversation often cycles back to debating things that have already been said repeatedly.

I feel pretty certain that LE would be trying to do the same thing as some of you and see which sex offenders might fit the build/look of BG. They would be eliminating some, who were locked up or on camera etc elsewhere, and looking for possible connections between the remaining individuals and the girls.

Because the girls had multiple SM accounts, and bc LE initially said "know what your kids are doing," it makes me think the person could've lived in the general region (maybe not the small town) and discovered them online. It would be important, too, in addition to looking at their SM interactions, to search their internet histories and see if they were participating in any online forums etc.

Just hypothetically, if the girls were expecting to meet a 16 year old boy, they may have known in the back of their head that people can lie on the internet and be someone else. They may have known they were taking a risk, but considered it a very slight risk, but when a man in his 30s or 40s approached them, they became suspicious and began videoing.

It's possible they photographed a passerby fairly innocently and he became angry that they were invading his privacy and there was some sort of confrontation too.

Or, what if some adult they knew from the community noticed they were under dressed (they may have been fine; just hypothesizing) and offered them sweatshirts from their car or home...and they willingly walked back toward RL's for what they thought was a legitimate reason.

Until LE confirms even generally what else is on that video, lots of possibilities still exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It appears that RL is in trouble for nothing except his drinking and driving and for over a week everyone has been trying to link him to the murder of two little girls...

If someone put a tooth under their pillow that night at RL's house next someone would be trying to blame it on the Tooth Fairy on here....lol

I'm not sure how you can draw that conclusion when the nature of his violation has not been published. Breaking ANY condition of his probation - including simply breaking ANY law while on probation - would be enough to violate.

Did I miss something from LE that states in what way he violated his probation? (not being a smart aleck, I truly don't know if they have released the official charges yet).

We know how he got put ON probation was because he's got four DWIs and about as many "driving on a suspended license" violations between 2009ish and today, but what was the VIOLATION? I may well have missed it.

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/

just look up ronald logan. I do not put in the "E" for middle initial nor the birth date because I like catching all the stragglers, but the one you want is specifically this one:

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...6TXpNVFl4TnpFek1qTXdPakUxTWprd05EVXhZak09In19

most recent updates are all the way at the bottom. It still only says that the hearing on the 20th was cancelled.

PS they can't NOT have a probation violation hearing. They pushed it back, probably so RL's lawyer will have time to work up a case to "explain"/refute whatever evidence they have against him since it's an evidenciary hearing.

I Can't get over how lucky that guy is. My relative has been in jail on probation violation charges since december 24th and is just FINALLY gonna have his own evidenciary hearing on April 4. RL gets to get in and out in under a MONTH. must be nice.

Thank you so much! I was back in thread 35 reading all posts because I knew someone had posted it there. You're fast:) As to not being able to not have the hearing - the article stated: "While in court, a 3 p.m. April 3 hearing was set to present evidence during a petition to revoke probation hearing, Carroll County Prosecutor Rob Ives confirmed Wednesday afternoon." RL's attorney filed a "petition to revoke the probation hearing" and that is what the judge will decide on April 3rd. He's trying to get it thrown out before the actual probation hearing is even heard. The petitioner (RL) will then have to prove that the State doesn't have sufficient evidence to go forward with their hearing. This could drag on for months which is why he also asked for RL to be let out on bond which the Judge took under advisement. He could rule as early as today on that or just wait until the April 3rd hearing.

He has a known history of sick and depraved behavior (as opposed to RL)
Some would argue that both have a known history of sick and depraved behavior. Alcoholism is a sickness and drunk driving is depraved behavior.

If these girls were found dead on #1's property and if #1 lied to LE about his whereabouts on the day of the murder, I would be a lot more suspicious of him. As it is... :dunno:

I'm not sure how you can draw that conclusion when the nature of his violation has not been published. Breaking ANY condition of his probation - including simply breaking ANY law while on probation - would be enough to violate.

Did I miss something from LE that states in what way he violated his probation? (not being a smart aleck, I truly don't know if they have released the official charges yet).

We know how he got put ON probation was because he's got four DWIs and about as many "driving on a suspended license" violations between 2009ish and today, but what was the VIOLATION? I may well have missed it.

<modsnip>

Sorry but he didn't do it...You guys are wasting time I think.

Thank you so much! I was back in thread 35 reading all posts because I knew someone had posted it there. You're fast:) As to not being able to not have the hearing - the article stated: "While in court, a 3 p.m. April 3 hearing was set to present evidence during a petition to revoke probation hearing, Carroll County Prosecutor Rob Ives confirmed Wednesday afternoon." RL's attorney filed a "petition to revoke the probation hearing" and that is what the judge will decide on April 3rd. He's trying to get it thrown out before the actual probation hearing is even heard. The state will then have to prove that they have sufficient evidence to go forward with their hearing. This could drag on for months which is why he also asked for RL to be let out on bond which the Judge took under advisement. He could rule as early as today on that or just wait until the April 3rd hearing.

Thanks!

The chances of a judge granting bond while waiting for a revocation hearing are low IMO and would definitely be more like a house arrest type of thing IMO which he has (fact) been given before while waiting for a similar hearing.

Probation revocation is a big deal. You get less rights as a probationer waiting on a revocation hearing than you do as a regular person waiting to be sentenced for something.

Here's a link about probation revocation for anyone interested in having a general understanding.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/probation.html

There are a few different men of the same name in that data base.

Those on the Crime Stoppers poster are wanted "as of March 22, 2017".

Could there be another one out there with the same name?
There is def one out there that is not on that poster that is a sex offender lives hour away and photo is identical to features on bgs face especially the nose and lips.. Jus sayn

Thanks!

The chances of a judge granting bond while waiting for a revocation hearing are low IMO and would definitely be more like a house arrest type of thing IMO which he has (fact) been given before while waiting for a similar hearing.

Probation revocation is a big deal. You get less rights as a probationer waiting on a revocation hearing than you do as a regular person waiting to be sentenced for something.

Here's a link about probation revocation for anyone interested in having a general understanding.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/probation.html

I agree. Also I have should correct that the petitioner (RL) would have to prove the state doesn't have enough evidence to proceed. The burden is on him in his motion to revoke the probation hearing. Sorry about that.

..while captured on video (frame) on Libby's phone:

Thank you to poster kirkassoc for pointing out the newest work of GH, Gray Hughes aka grayhuze here on WS. I have great respect for this man and his work!

Suspect location2

Corrected location of the POI/BG according to GH:

"
the forked tree behind the platform that is behind the suspect is 294 feet to the SE end of the bridge. The platform behind the suspect is 236 feet from the SE end of the bridge. The platform nearest the SE portion of the bridge and the one I had though libby was on during the suspect photo is 82 feet from the end of the bridge. The suspect is right near that platform when libby filmed him. so, he is still about 80 feetish away. The girls were off the end of the bridge just barely and the suspect was heading towards them. I do think I currently have the suspect location dialed in. I will be making a video of the crimescene flow updated with more accurate information.&#65279;"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBE422LFIdg&lc=z13svlpwmrv4z3di004cenlzokfrx1eg3g0.1490242694006687

I don't think they have DNA either.

All humans have DNA, even RSOs.

Or if that's not what you meant then maybe I'd include more words to explain.

You don't think LE has DNA from RSOs?

You don't think LE has DNA from BG?

You don't think LE has DNA from RL?

You don't think BG is the perp nor is RL but you do think that the suspect left DNA but LE doesn't have it yet?

Who's DNA does LE not have in your opinion? I assume by "they" you meant LE but if not then I'm REALLY confused lol.

So I just got booted off a case discussion page on social media, because I an article was posted and I commented "I find this headline pretty misleading, seems like media clickbate". To which the 'moderators' jumped all over me because I had a difference of opinion over an ARTICLE HEADLINE.

So I just want to say thanks here because this community is focused on one thing and that is justice for the girls. You allow opinions and perspectives and discussion. There is a lot to be said for that.

I take social media with a pinch of salt but after today I certainly will not be following any more cases there.

My latest thoughts FWIW

I still can't stop thinking that bridge guy is local to the area. And I don't really buy the; He can't be local bc somebody would have recognized him angle. There are very few details that can be discerned from the grainy LE picture. And I still don't believe LE has made a direct connection to the crime and a known suspect/poi. At this point I believe they are going to need to find some physical link and I don't believe the public is going to be of use as far as identifying this guy. Its my belief that is why the public pleas for help have ceased, I don't think they received the percise tips they had originally hoped for when they released the photo and audio. Its my belief that if a public tip does end up leading them to the killer that it will be more of a my brother in law has been acting strangely lately and he got aa new coat and he had muddy boots on that day, type thing. Just some things I have observed and all JMO

This is all JMO:

So, something I have been thinking a lot about are all the things people think they see in the shot of Abby walking across the bridge. A lot of people think there are cars down there. So I wanted to just take a minute to ask people to really think about this:

the bridge is 60 feet high.

each story of a building is 10 feet.

the bridge is only as high as a six floor building.

has anyone here ever stayed in a hotel or hospital six floors high? did you ever look out the window? could you make out the tiny tiny little ant-sized cars down there, or were they all but invisible from that height?

oh, you say you were able to not only find and make out vehicles, but you could find your own car, and could even tell that the back door wasn't shut all the way?

hm.

so tell me again why we can't quite make out the teeny weeny little cars under the bridge with our naked eye?

this isn't snark. if it seems to be, that's probably because the obviousess of what I"m saying hits hard and feels uncomfortable.

Go into the nearest town and find a six floor building and stand there and look down at cars and then come back here and tell me there's a chance in the world there are cars under that bridge. I know I intend to go up on the sixth floor of the hospital next time I'm there just to take photos of cars to see how small they'd look compared to my overall iphone's camera view
ETA - just googled "View from my sixth floor room" and came across any number of choice images to share - here's one from Trip Advisor -

view-from-the-hotel-window.jpg

source - https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/08/17/2b/view-from-the-hotel-window.jpg

Those cars are not that small from six floors/60 feet up. JMO.

one last edit - my friend just pointed out that 60 feet is under 20 meters, and said "my house is about that long". He makes a good point - I'm sitting in a 20' x 20' room right now myself. My entire house front to back is MORE than 60 feet. Seriously, measure your house then tell me why you can't see a car on the other side of it from the side you're on.

(or maybe this will help - Google says "A football field (including the two end zones) is 360 feet long and 160 feet wide" ... so 60 feet is a SIXTH the length of a football field and less than half the width... 60 feet is 20 yards - is that not a mere two lines on a football field? IT"S NOT FAR. ok done with this dead horse, poor thing.)

Amen to this post and the logic behind it, and welcome back!! O/T but I have missed your posts. I too am a stickler when it comes to rules...they're there for a very good reason and is what sets these forums on WS above the rest. I am a newbie in that I am new to posting (certified lurker over here) but I also took some time off from posting just because things seemed to be going a bit wonky, if you will. So HTH today is the day.

Just to add, I hope we can all move off of the RL/BG angle a bit today start looking back at the basics of the case, and see where there are lines of thought we have yet to pursue (that don't involve tiny cars in the threes, of course).

Is something wrong I am not able to edit? It posted another one instead. Also did not link to persons question. I am using Tap aTalk on my phone.

Thank you so much! I was back in thread 35 reading all posts because I knew someone had posted it there. You're fast:) As to not being able to not have the hearing - the article stated: "While in court, a 3 p.m. April 3 hearing was set to present evidence during a petition to revoke probation hearing, Carroll County Prosecutor Rob Ives confirmed Wednesday afternoon." RL's attorney filed a "petition to revoke the probation hearing" and that is what the judge will decide on April 3rd. He's trying to get it thrown out before the actual probation hearing is even heard. The petitioner (RL) will then have to prove that the State doesn't have sufficient evidence to go forward with their hearing. This could drag on for months which is why he also asked for RL to be let out on bond which the Judge took under advisement. He could rule as early as today on that or just wait until the April 3rd hearing.

Thanks for that.

It looks like the Petition for Revocation of Probation was amended twice. Do you have any ideas as to what would be amended?

RL denied the allegations; maybe he and his attorney came up with proof of his denial?

Just to clarify so the topic doesn't get further derailed today, subject #1 on the crime stoppers photo is currently housed in Indiana Department of Corrections and has been since 06/2015.

http://www.in.gov/apps/indcorrection/ofs/ofs

Excellent efforts made by all in observation. Keep thinking outside the box and putting together new clues.

Boom. Gnite Gracie.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that.

It looks like the Petition for Revocation of Probation was amended twice. Do you have any ideas as to what would be amended?

RL denied the allegations; maybe he and his attorney came up with proof of his denial?

JMO it's possible they amended it to add additional charges/reasons, or to correct any mistake they may have made though I don't think they'd be making mistakes right now/would think they'd be more careful in something like this. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa