Yearbook searches

Decided to re-post this from the general discussion thread:

Please, could someone with an Ancestry.com membership check out these two year book photos and tell me I'm crazy?

There is an L. K. (not kennedy) that bears strong resemblance to our LEK. The only thing is that she looks different because she has no bangs, hair is long and parted in the middle. Also, in the second one she isn't smiling at all. The eyes, nose, mouth. She looks as though she would be tall as well. It looks so much like her, even though she's not smiling, imo.

Just search under High school year books, San Jose, CA, Independence High School.

Year 1977, Junior year, the photo is on page 111, 5th row down, first photo.

Year 1978, Senior year, the photo is on page 47, 2nd row down, 2nd photo.

Decided to re-post my response :) this particular person is accounted for.

Can you tell me where this information was posted, was it on the original thread? TIA :)

Can you tell me where this information was posted, was it on the original thread? TIA :)

Right here on the misc. thread by myself: "Unfortunately this young lady is accounted for. If you check her profile on other reunion websites, you'll find that she goes by her married name now."

I simply googled her name and found her profile elsewhere.

Right here on the misc. thread by myself: "Unfortunately this young lady is accounted for. If you check her profile on other reunion websites, you'll find that she goes by her married name now."

I simply googled her name and found her profile elsewhere.

Lol, yes I saw that post, I thought you meant it had been previously researched and posted prior to that, which is how she has already been eliminated as a possibility.

Ok, I have done that, googled her name, school, etc, but am not coming up with anything at all. Do you recall which reunion website she's on? TIA

At classmates.com :)

I'm finding nothing using the LK name. Are you searching under her married name, because I don't know what that is. Maybe you could PM me the link? TIA :wave:

At classmates.com :)

I'm at a loss because I checked through all the class of '78 and didn't find this girl, that is, unless she changed her first name too.

Wth, it's probably not her anyway.

Decided to re-post this from the general discussion thread:

Please, could someone with an Ancestry.com membership check out these two year book photos and tell me I'm crazy?

There is an L. K. (not kennedy) that bears strong resemblance to our LEK. The only thing is that she looks different because she has no bangs, hair is long and parted in the middle. Also, in the second one she isn't smiling at all. The eyes, nose, mouth. She looks as though she would be tall as well. It looks so much like her, even though she's not smiling, imo.

Just search under High school year books, San Jose, CA, Independence High School.

Year 1977, Junior year, the photo is on page 111, 5th row down, first photo.

Year 1978, Senior year, the photo is on page 47, 2nd row down, 2nd photo.

Sorry to quote myself, but it seems there is some mis-understanding as to which girl. Her last name does begin with K, but is not Kennedy. In the yearbook as stated above. Also, remember the earlier post in the general thread about the stockbroker suicide? Don't think I can elaborate further at this point, I sure don't want to go to band camp. :facepalm:

Also, just to save someone a little time, I have searched but not found this girl on any reunion sites such as Classmate.com, etc.

Neesaki, I checked your girl out on ancestry, but don't really see a match, facially. Will look more into her associations when I get a chance.

Sorry to quote myself, but it seems there is some mis-understanding as to which girl. Her last name does begin with K, but is not Kennedy. In the yearbook as stated above. Also, remember the earlier post in the general thread about the stockbroker suicide? Don't think I can elaborate further at this point, I sure don't want to go to band camp. :facepalm:

From 1977 one...

[mods can remove this post after a short time if it is against TOU]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 150

From 1978 one...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 137
From 1978 one...

06a-janedoe_passportphoto-THUMB.jpg

I was going to post a copy of LEK's passport photo here but can't get it to work, don't know what I'm doing wrong. :(

Neesaki, I checked your girl out on ancestry, but don't really see a match, facially. Will look more into her associations when I get a chance.

Thanks, MrsT. I can't help but see some resemblance when I put the different hairstyle with bangs on her, that makes a lot of difference, imo. Her eyes appear larger in the senior photo than in the junior photo, similar to our LEK. The smile is somewhat similar in the junior photo. I know it's a shot in the dark and it's most likely not her, just needed someone else's perspective. :)

I could see where you see the resemblance, especially if her eyebrows grew back from the plucked yearbook pics. I think it is the smile in the one photo that seems to me to be a different shape thanks hers... But that's just moo :). Thanks for looking!

I believe the teens (including one named "Becky") who lived at El Caballo Boise in the 60s & 70s attended Capital High School. Although the son (who graduated CHS in 1978) didn't recognize LEKR's photo (per Velling) it's still possible LEKR knew this family, she would have been "approximately" the sons' age, AND (imo) it's very possible she also attended Capital High School.

I don't have the ability to see yearbook photos (and trying to match "faces" is difficult and often faulty)... but could/would the school itself be of help??

Capital High in Boise 1986 has been scanned.
1987 is available as well, I will check it.

Every time a new page loads, I think, this might be it!
Then I get to the not pictured page and think, leave it to LEK to have skipped picture day!:banghead:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents
Back