Jason Young to get new trial #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The testimony via MF and SS was that she wore a diaper at night; pull-up during the day and that she could undress very easily but did not dress herself. If she did put her own pants on, it was the first time ever.

Then we're back to -- she slept in her bedroom and we have to wonder then when she got into the blood and got cleaned up because it's far fetched to believe that she remained spotlessly clean if she woke that morning in her room until 1:30PM. Her doll was found next to MY's head.

Can you find a link for this? I thought CY wore big girl underwear during the day and a pull up at night. Now that I think about it I believe even the daycare testified that CY was the only one in her class that was wearing big girl underwear. I certainly could be wrong it wouldn't be the first time :) I will try to find something.

Yes, but they would have to bypass Gracie on this one, unless there was a landing strip nearby and he needed fuel for the twin engines.

Good point. This was clearly not about following the evidence, this was about imagining how to pin the murder on Jason and then exploring each bizarre scenario until it seemed like a loose fit.

I actually do think the prosecution was just pointing things out as the video was shown because the backyard was included and you never know if that may be important. It isn't at this point but think about some other evidence that is very important right now, such as CY's pajamas and the absence of footprints on the carpeting in the hallway. I think it's fine that they showed the hose. There never was any testimony indicating that the hose was used in the crime, just that they did swab it for DNA and tested the area for blood and there was no blood or blood residue.

The fact that the area was tested for blood and the hose was tested for DNA suggests that investigators thought the hose could be related to the murder.

Can you find a link for this? I thought CY wore big girl underwear during the day and a pull up at night. Now that I think about it I believe even the daycare testified that CY was the only one in her class that was wearing big girl underwear. I certainly could be wrong it wouldn't be the first time :) I will try to find something.

Yes, I'm looking for it right now. I think she was potty training and there's testimony that she would sometimes wear underwear instead of a pull-up. She definitely wasn't night trained so she wore a diaper at night. I will find it.

ETA: Shelly told investigators that after CY was put to bed that night, she came downstairs because she had already wet her diaper. That was in the police notes, though Shelly said she didn't remember it.

The fact that the area was tested for blood and the hose was tested for DNA suggests that investigators thought the hose could be related to the murder.

It would have been irresponsible of them not to test it. I didn't get the impression at trial that they were suggesting that someone cleaned themselves there since no blood was found. I believed they were just showing that they did test it.

Yet they don't fingerprint a purse and wallet that are laying practically in the middle of the floor at a crimescene:banghead::banghead::banghead:

It would have been irresponsible of them not to test it. I didn't get the impression at trial that they were suggesting that someone cleaned themselves there since no blood was found. I believed they were just showing that they did test it.

I am not sure if came in at trial, but it was implied and speculated that Jason got a shower in the back yard and took CY out there to to clean her up too. I think CY may have had a print on the hose and the theory was she held the hose while Jason washed her. I think it was after one of the search warrants came out.

But, the point is this is how the case went...when something couldn't be proven, it was just left out there. Another example would be the trash dumpster in King , NC....at the McDonald's. Did they ever find anything there, no, but they left the impression that this could be where Jason got rid of the murder weapon and other evidence.
In other words, Jason Young would drive for 2.5 hours on the highway with anything linking him to Birchleaf . Absurd? yes.....Highly Unlikely? yes, but so is a lot of this case......

I am not sure if came in at trial, but it was implied and speculated that Jason got a shower in the back yard and took CY out there to to clean her up too. I think CY may have had a print on the hose and the theory was she held the hose while Jason washed her.
I know, I know, but I am not making this stuff up. It can probably still be located somewhere online.

But, the point is this is how the case went...when something couldn't be proven, it was just left out there. Another example would be the trash dumpster in King , NC....at the McDonald's. Did they ever find anything there, no, but they left the impression that this could be where Jason got rid of the murder weapon and other evidence.
In other words, Jason Young would drive for 2.5 hours on the highway with anything linking him to Birchleaf . Absurd? yes..... but so is a lot of this case......

Yes, I'd have to listen to opening and closing arguments again to see if they mentioned the hose or if it was just people on the internet speculating about it.

This link only mentions that she was diapered on the night of the murder. It doesn't specify what type of diaper was used.

http://www.wral.com/asset/specialreports/michelleyoung/2013/07/30/12722071/show-file.pdf

Does anyone know if MY was found with her contacts on? That would be important to know if she'd gone to bed or was still awake when she was attacked.

Does anyone know if MY was found with her contacts on? That would be important to know if she'd gone to bed or was still awake when she was attacked.

good question. I checked the autopsy report and didn't see that the eyes were examined.

That reminds me, there was supposed to be papers from her job she was working on in bed, but they don't show up in any of the photos.

I wonder if they checked fingerprints on the metal trash can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member