Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week Nov 20, 2014 - Trial Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 4m4 minutes ago
Defence lawyer Luc Leclair shows jury copy National Post article, submitted into evidence. +Ottawa Citizen article, June 7, 2012. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 3m3 minutes ago
And showing jury Montreal Gazette article, submitted into evidence. #Magnotta

Nat Post article June 1, 2012. #Magnotta

Defence calls Antonio Paradiso to the stand. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 2m2 minutes ago
Antonio Paradiso was homicide detective who tracked down head of #JunLin. #Magnotta

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 2m2 minutes ago
#Magnotta defence lawyer calls a new witness, Montreal police officer Antonio Paradiso. He's already testified for the prosecution. #cbcmtl

Two calls made to Vancouver May 24, 25, 2012. #Magnotta

Witness says asked on June 5 to verify the calls. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 53s54 seconds ago
May 25, 1st call, 1:48am,19 secs, Fairmont Hotel, Vancouver. 5-6 min later, 20 secs, Vancouver hospital. Number was victim's. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 55s55 seconds ago
Witness spoke with hotel manager, unable to tell if calls made. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 1m1 minute ago
Witness says spoke with asst mgr from hospital, no record of call made. #Magnotta

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 36s36 seconds ago
Two calls made from Jun Lin's phone to Vancouver the 24 and 25th of May 2012. Roughly when he was killed. #Magnotta

Meant to ask this question earlier...Did they ever find JL's phone?

Airline ticket #JunLin would have had. Not aware, witness says. #Magnotta

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 3m3 minutes ago
#Magnotta defence asks about a plane ticket to Vancouver in Lin's name. Witness says he's not aware of it, lawyer seems surprised.

Involved in production orders? Yes. #Magnotta

Witness says warrant to have phone company provide numbers. #Magnotta

Defence shows witness one production order. #Magnotta

Witness confirms it's number of #Magnotta.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 57s57 seconds ago
Going to section of "purpose": defence asks if witness would have goals to obtain the numbers. Yes, witness says. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 57s57 seconds ago
Witness reads from document: considering infos linked to records could help initial contact btwn suspect and victim. #Magnotta

Also help identify victim. #Magnotta

Witness says asked from March 12 to June 1, 2012. #Magnotta

Another purpose? Find out location of #Magnotta.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 58s59 seconds ago
Witness reads again: could allow them to know contact of #Magnotta. Try to find his friends or contacts.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 54s54 seconds ago
2nd production record #JunLin? Same info? Yes, witness says. #Magnotta

#JunLin phone not found at #Magnotta apt, but at his place? Witness doesn't recall.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 58s58 seconds ago
Find out where #JunLin found when call made to Vancouver? No, don't recall, witness says. #Magnotta

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 1m1 minute ago
Defence interested in warrants issued to phone companies for cell records. Police wanted to see how 2 met, get #Magnotta friends, contacts.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 24s24 seconds ago
Calls made by #Magnotta phone, last call is on May 25, 2012, 9:10 am? Yes, witness says.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 32s33 seconds ago
Sorry should mention questions about where #JunLin phone was found and calls made were from the crown. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 54s55 seconds ago
Witness is done. #Magnotta

What?? That is all in English and I don't understand a word of it ^^^ :gaah:

Did we know there was a plane ticket booked in JL's name to Vancouver?!?! And again, do we know if and where his phone was found?

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 4m4 minutes ago
Paradiso says it's impossible to know if Lin or #Magnotta made those calls to Vancouver.

Now onto testimony collected during Europe trip. #Magnotta

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 4m4 minutes ago
Defence done with Paradiso. Now moving to a witness interviewed in Europe this summer. Will be seen through video #Magnotta

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 3m3 minutes ago
Next witness is Jean-Marc Marta. His testimony was recorded in Paris this past summer. #Magnotta

Witness is Jean-Marc Marta, is pedagogical advisor. Paris. June 26, 2014. #Magnotta

Witness advises families when they leave for another country or who come to work in France, to find them schools for their kids. #Magnotta

Witness went to Montreal many years ago to visit friends. #Magnotta

Witness says he is gay. Has friend named Michel Deschodt. #Magnotta

April 2012, was Michel in Mtl? Michel lived in Ottawa, don't know exact date. #Magnotta

What did he do? He's retired now, was advisor. #Magnotta

Friends? Work colleagues, became friends. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 2m 2 minutes ago
Were you lovers? No. #Magnotta

Asked about phone number, witness says it's the same as now. #Magnotta

Witness says his phone was stolen, so it's not same phone. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 32s32 seconds ago
April 25, 2012: contact with Michel? Yes. Was he in Mtl? He was in Canada, don't remember where. #Magnotta

Time of day? Afternoon. Why contact? Contacted regularly, Michel said he met a Canadian who told him he'd be in France soon. #Magnotta

Something special about Mtl guy Michel told you about? No, just that he was nice, would be in France in June, nice if you met up. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 54s54 seconds ago
Name of Mtl guy? Nathan. #Magnotta

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 46s46 seconds ago
Witness says a Parisian friend called him from Can in April 2012, said he met a nice Canadian person who planned to move to France #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 29s29 seconds ago
Witness shown item on laptop screen. Recognizes his phone number. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 42s43 seconds ago
Witness recognizes number of text he was messaging. #Magnotta

Witness reads out message he wrote about meeting up with the Mtl guy. #Magnotta

"Hope to see you in June, It will be a pleasure," the message ends. #Magnotta

François Messier ‏@MessierSRC · 2m2 minutes ago
Avocat de #Magnotta présente le texto envoyé à "Nathan" par Marta. "Hope to see you here in June. Will be a pleasure. *advertiser censored* JM"

Translation: #Magnotta Lawyer presents the text sent to " Nathan " by Marta. " Hope to see you here in June . Will be a pleasure . *advertiser censored* JM

Have Michel number in Mtl? Yes. But phone was stolen so contact numbers gone. #Magnotta

Witness reads out name of friend Michel but last name is misspelled. #Magnotta

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 2m2 minutes ago
French witness Jean Marc Marta has exchange with a "Nathan" in Montreal who wants to go to Paris. A month before the murder. #Magnotta

Were you into golden showers? No, witness says. #Magnotta

Michel into this? I think so. #Magnotta

The purpose of the meeting with Mtl guy was not for this type of activity. #Magnotta

So did you see Nathan in June? No never had contact, don't even know if he made it to France. #Magnotta

Defence asks witness if ok to go to Canada to testify.Sure, don't quite know what my role would be since never met Nathan. #Magnotta

Witness done. #Magnotta

Oh yes Mr. Marta, "Nathan" did make it to France. :scared:

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 6m6 minutes ago
Next witness, June 20, 2014. Paris. Police officer. Frederic Monicci. (sp?) #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 3m 3 minutes ago
He took down statement for incident in 2010. #Magnotta

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 5m5 minutes ago
Mounichi asked about a rape #Magnotta reported to French authorities in 2010, two years before Jun Lin's murder

Recognize #Magnotta on screen?(Video link) No. Memory of meeting? No, when receive complaints at night, forwarded to day.

Defence asks: Speak English? Little bit. How come interpreter there at night? He was there often, for complaints and such. #Magnotta

#Magnotta was there in his underwear. You laughed along with colleagues? No. We have respect for public.

Statement recorded? No. #Magnotta

Took notes? No. #Magnotta

So can't comment on behaviour?No, minimum 5000 complaints a year.Can't remember how #Magnotta dressed or if calm, nervous, if clothing torn.

The claim here is that the French cop ridiculed #Magnotta when he filed a complaint for sex assault in 2010. He denies it. #Magnotta

Defence asks for early lunch break. Back at two PM for next step #Magnotta

Lunch break. #Magnotta

Poor Luka. Everyone was after him, abused him, raped him, made fun of him, wouldn't believe him, made him do bad things like killing animals, people....

:shame:

:notgood:

MOO

I'll be out this afternoon if anyone is available to take over the tweets. TIA

:)

Please continue here when the trial resumes on Monday, Oct. 27, 2014.

Thanks,

Salem

Alert this post Sunday night/Monday morning and I will come and unlock the thread.

Hi Salem:

Yep, I'll alert you!! :)

I shouldn't but cant help having a giggle at thought of Magnotta entering a Parisian Police Station in just his pants.................walking like a monkey.

I really really wish we knew more about the Mt Sinai hospitalisation. Did they do a rape kit? Did they do a blood test for drugs? The fact that he apparently recovered so quickly does point to it being drugs and not schizophrenia imo.

Hi guys:

Just getting caught up here (out shoveling snow-UGH).

QUESTION:

Did I get this correctly? *Someone* (LM) phoned Vancouver using JL's phone AFTER JL was dead?

:jail:

I shouldn't but cant help having a giggle at thought of Magnotta entering a Parisian Police Station in just his pants.................walking like a monkey.

According to LM he walked in to the station in his UNDERWEAR! And they laughed at him.

I'll giggle at the thought. I don't have much respect for LM at the moment. Nor do I believe a word he says.

:giggle:

MOO

:floorlaugh:

walking-gorilla-o.gif

Hi guys:

Just getting caught up here (out shoveling snow-UGH).

QUESTION:

Did I get this correctly? *Someone* (LM) phoned Vancouver using JL's phone AFTER JL was dead?

:jail:

Seems like it. Called the Fairmont Hotel. And a hospital? (I think they meant hostel as one person tweeted) It's the plane ticked booked to Vancouver in JL's name I want to know about. :thinking:

Michaël Nguyen @MNguyenJDM
· 1h 1 hour ago
@SGirouxCTV Hostel, not hospital! We all misheard, I believe.

Just caught up. I'm very confused! How is this supposed to be helping the defence? Hopefully we will understand more when the news reports start coming out.

I really really wish we knew more about the Mt Sinai hospitalisation. Did they do a rape kit? Did they do a blood test for drugs? The fact that he apparently recovered so quickly does point to it being drugs and not schizophrenia imo.

I think he is correct in that no one believed him in that instance and that he was not taken to the hospital as a victim of a crime. I don't believe a police report was ever written or filed. I think he was just ranting incoherently to police and they took him straight to the hospital and "baker acted" him, likely believing he was just strung out on drugs or was actually mentally ill. And I think it was the pressure and his attempt at a defense for the cat killing video that prompted this episode.

Now without having a record of his complaint on file with the police, and apparently not wanting to stay in the Miami hospital and go through the whole psychosis deal, it appears that LM abandoned his attempt at accusing Manny of doing all these horrible things when he got in to the Miami hospital. He wanted out. And he was mad at his mother for not telling them he was not mentally ill.

When he got out, he took a different direction and called the New York lawyer instead.

MOO

Just caught up. I'm very confused! How is this supposed to be helping the defence? Hopefully we will understand more when the news reports start coming out.

I think they want the jury to believe that LM was planning to go to Paris to live around the first of June. That his trip to Paris after the murder was not an attempt to flee, but rather just part of the plan he had been cultivating for a month. And the "episode" involving JL was just a psychotic blip in his otherwise already planned move. It's not coming across that way. Looks to me like LM was cultivating his escape and integration into Europe under various aliases for quite some time.

MOO

Poor Luka. Everyone was after him, abused him, raped him, made fun of him, wouldn't believe him, made him do bad things like killing animals, people....

:shame:

:notgood:

MOO

List of people LM claims have molested/ raped him:

His cousin when he was 14
The building's security manager
His stepmother when he was 15/ 16
His stepfather
Manny
Manny's friends
Persons unknown in France

Status