Police Misconduct??

Thanks Chico for removing the "Fox News" and the "alert" icon, from this thread title. :) I didn't want to delete it after so many posters responded.

Here is a link to the article pertaining to police misconduct that was posted earlier today by SuziQ, and you, Chico, in the media links thread, in case anyone missed it. (Thanks to you both!)

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5810272

Fox News reporting on this right now in their 2:00pm news hour. They reported that DP was doing background checks on Stacy's family just prior to her going missing.

A reporter asked DP about doing these background checks, and this was his response (paraphrasing): "There's about 5 families here in this area that are losing their homes. Why don't you put your time and resources into helping those families instead of harassing mine."

Greta was asked about the latest developments in the case and she stated that the two trucker that were approached refused to take the package. Greta said that if this is true, it's a bombshell. She said that hypothetically if DP got a no from these two truckers, he could have gotten a yes from another trucker later on in the wee hours of the morning of Oct. 29th.

Thanks Chico for removing the "Fox News" and the "alert" icon, from this thread title. :) I didn't want to delete it after so many posters responded.

Here is a link to the article pertaining to police misconduct that was posted earlier today by SuziQ, and you, Chico, in the media links thread, in case anyone missed it. (Thanks to you both!)

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5810272

This thread is a good idea, I say leave it.

Prosecutors Take Over Internal Peterson Probe

CHICAGO (AP) ― Prosecutors are reviewing an internal Bolingbrook Police investigation to determine whether a former sergeant suspected in his wife's disappearance could be criminally charged for what the department alleges were instances of official misconduct.
Attorney Joel Brodsky said Monday that Peterson denies using department computers or databases to gather information about his wife's family or friends or in any unauthorized way. Brodsky said he has written in a letter to Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow that charging Peterson with doing so would constitute "vindictive prosecution" because others have not been charged with a practice Brodsky says is widespread.

~snip~

The attorney speculated a truck driver who had been so sought out had seen Peterson in the news and "all of a sudden sticks Drew's face onto this guy who approached him in the truck stop."

"And now we've got some bologna lead we've got to chase down," he said.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/drew.peterson.stacy.2.601524.html

At least he refrained from using the word "crazy" this time. Now he is going to start using lunchmeat metaphors. : )

Most likely Drew P ran a check on Scott Rosotto. That just sounds like something a police officer would do if he had suspicions that his wife might be having an affair. We know that Drew P most likely got Rosotto's address, because that is where he went to make the phone call.

But doing checks on her family members? Why would he do that?

You know Drew P complains a lot about not having privacy with the media camped outside his door. But it seems that he himself may be guilty of invading other's privacy through his official position.

Prosecutors Take Over Internal Peterson Probe

CHICAGO (AP) ― Prosecutors are reviewing an internal Bolingbrook Police investigation to determine whether a former sergeant suspected in his wife's disappearance could be criminally charged for what the department alleges were instances of official misconduct.
Attorney Joel Brodsky said Monday that Peterson denies using department computers or databases to gather information about his wife's family or friends or in any unauthorized way. Brodsky said he has written in a letter to Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow that charging Peterson with doing so would constitute "vindictive prosecution" because others have not been charged with a practice Brodsky says is widespread.

~snip~

The attorney speculated a truck driver who had been so sought out had seen Peterson in the news and "all of a sudden sticks Drew's face onto this guy who approached him in the truck stop."

"And now we've got some bologna lead we've got to chase down," he said.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/drew.peterson.stacy.2.601524.html

At least he refrained from using the word "crazy" this time. Now he is going to start using lunchmeat metaphors. : )

In a round about way Brodsky says that DP DID do the background checks on Stacy's family and friends, because he states that it's a vindictive prosecution for something that is widespread. It's the old, "everyone does it" excuse for DP's wrong-doing.

Along these same lines: I read the list of the 18 or so calls by both Drew and his third wife To the cops during their divorce. It seems Drew stopped her and wrote her a ticket
For having Bald Tires on her car. He thought that was pretty funny. The DA dropped
That charge after she vowed to fight it. Later on, “someone” broke into her house and
Took a certain couple pieces of jewelry Drew had bought. I wonder who that could have been? Speaking of which; on I believe Oct 18 or thereabouts he bought an expensive
Ring for Stacy. I wonder if that was found in the house, or did she take that with her?
Also there was mention one of their Undercover Cops was ratted out by a fellow officer.
I believe Mr. Peterson is suspected there too. I would guess that particular item could really get
Someone upset. He is lucky he is even Getting a pension eh? Maybe using that computer
for background checks is the very Least of his problems.

Greybeard

In a round about way Brodsky says that DP DID do the background checks on Stacy's family and friends, because he states that it's a vindictive prosecution for something that is widespread. It's the old, "everyone does it" excuse for DP's wrong-doing.
I would take it to mean that, too. Why write a letter like that if it is "nothing", "bologna", "craziness", or "nonsense"?!

I had posted this on the other thread, but it probably does need it's own. So you think they will get him on this as a criminal charge to put him behind bars then take their time with the other cases?

hmmm, i just don't know Liz...i'm trying to think how he could get a name or a driver's license number to start with....the plate wouldn't help him, i wouldn't think, since these trucker's plates are out of state....i'm thinking:waitasec:

i have no idea...

The plate would help him if this truck driver was a owner operator the Semi plate would be in the drivers name and when he ran the plate all the info would be right there.

Sorry, SS, I thought everyone knew where we put that transcript. Thanks, Chico.

Brodsky has alleged that running names of friends and relatives was something that most of the police officers did. But of course not Drew P. If Drew P was such a fine upstanding officer- and a Sargent who supervised other officers, why did he not report the others for their violation of the policy???

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back