"G (Guilty)" vs "NG (Not Guilty)" Where do you stand? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is OT and should have a thread of it's own 'What Mother would do this?'
I am just reading that Shaniya Davis' mother has been arrested, she is alleged to have sold Shaniya (age 5)to a child prostitution ring.

Someone addicted to Meth? The downfall of today's society!

Wow, finally a post I can say I totally agree with you.

Casey changing her story wouldn't do anything to the prosecution, other than give them another statement to demonstrate Casey's inability to tell the truth. The physical evidence and Casey's well documented behavior following the unreported death of her child would remain entirely intact.

Glad to see you coming around to the inevitable conclusion :angel:

Great points - I don't think it's unreasonable for society to assume that even somebody who claims accident but waits over 30 days to "admit" it, would be seen as guilty of manslaughter. A mother whose child dies from an accident is duty-bound to report the situation to medical authorities (unless she is a doctor or coroner) to give them an attempt to revive the child or to assess the cause. If it indeed were an accident, what responsbility did she assume to have the child treated or examined by professionals? I don't think it's unfair to assume that is felony child abuse and since the child died, (and the "accident" was never confirmed by a professional), it would seem prudent it was automatically charge felony manslaughter - given that the child is under 12, it is automatically murder in FL. No need for premeditation deliberation.

When you decide not to report an accidental fatality of a minor, guess what? The state can assume its manslaughter or murder. Any other conclusion is unfair to the victim, who cannot speak for themselves, and even if alive, might not be able to. Guardians and caretakers do have the burden of proof when it comes to explaining harm that has befallen children. Too bad - it's parental accountability - and despite that, the world is full of children who are exploited or harmed anyway.

When you are considering children, the rules change; all of us with kids or without are well aware of that need in today's society. That fact right there puts this case in another category entirely and makes other analogies to murders - unless they involve children - irrelevant and useless, imo.

Great points - I don't think it's unreasonable for society to assume that even somebody who claims accident but waits over 30 days to "admit" it, would be seen as guilty of manslaughter. A mother whose child dies from an accident is duty-bound to report the situation to medical authorities (unless she is a doctor or coroner) to give them an attempt to revive the child or to assess the cause. If it indeed were an accident, what responsbility did she assume to have the child treated or examined by professionals? I don't think it's unfair to assume that is felony child abuse and since the child died, (and the "accident" was never confirmed by a professional), it would seem prudent it was automatically charge felony manslaughter - given that the child is under 12, it is automatically murder in FL. No need for premeditation deliberation.

When you decide not to report an accidental fatality of a minor, guess what? The state can assume its manslaughter or murder. Any other conclusion is unfair to the victim, who cannot speak for themselves, and even if alive, might not be able to. Guardians and caretakers do have the burden of proof when it comes to explaining harm that has befallen children. Too bad - it's parental accountability - and despite that, the world is full of children who are exploited or harmed anyway.

When you are considering children, the rules change; all of us with kids or without are well aware of that need in today's society. That fact right there puts this case in another category entirely and makes other analogies to murders - unless they involve children - irrelevant and useless, imo.

And then she only 'admits' it under duress.

And then she only 'admits' it under duress.

True, which makes it even more heinous. I just can't understand all of the interest in "accidental death". She burnt that bridge a year and a half ago. The whole phony ZFG thing was bad enough, but to sit around eating cheesepuffs while the state spent zillions on this investigation and the discovery of Caylee's remains is cold, calculated and reprehensible. And while her parents may not want to lose their daughter after she is responsible for the death of their granddaughter, they act as if it's their legal right to obstruct an investigation and perpetuate her lies on the taxpayers' dime just to delay the inevitable, not to mention solicit funding from donors and the media in order to support themselves in a style to which they have become accustomed.

Regardless of any ancillary opportunism or exploitation surrounding this case, it is Caylee's immediate family that has tried hardest to profit, imo. What a disrespectful way to degrade her memory. KC used her as a meal ticket when she was alive; her parents are using Caylee as a meal ticket now that she is dead.

Great points - I don't think it's unreasonable for society to assume that even somebody who claims accident but waits over 30 days to "admit" it, would be seen as guilty of manslaughter.

SNIP

It would be entirely unreasonable to 'assume' manslaughter, because it would not be evidence based, only hunch based.

Moreover, the State cannot 'assume' but murder or manslaughter.

(How people come-up with such incredibly erroneous notions is just mind-boggling to me.)

If it looks like a duck,walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, in every way behaves like a duck I don't need an 'expert' to instruct me that it is not safe to assume it really is a duck.

It would be entirely unreasonable to 'assume' manslaughter, because it would not be evidence based, only hunch based.

(How people come-up with such incredibly erroneous notions is just mind-boggling to me.)

Clearly the prosecution has successfully infiltrated WS and poisoned the potential jury pool against KC with intentionally misleading legal information. *chuckle*

I live in a state in which, like Florida, if a child dies on your watch, and it is due to negligence, it can be considered manslaughter. I often use the word assume because I'm not comfortable substituting my own opinions for facts as some do.

I live in a state in which mothers who leave their children unattended in cars even for a minute or two and within sight are arrested for neglect. If a child died in an "accident" that was unreported - and therefore that child never received professional help which might have saved its life, the state would see that as tantamount to manslaughter since the child is dependent on that adult for medical aid. Not rendering aid would be considered felony level neglect.

You may find my notions mind-boggling, and it may be your opinion they are incredibly erroneous, but I feel like I'm in good company here.

I live in a state in which, like Florida, if a child dies on your watch, and it is due to negligence, it can be considered manslaughter. I often use the word assume because I'm not comfortable substituting my own opinions for facts as some do.

I live in a state in which mothers who leave their children unattended in cars even for a minute or two and within sight are arrested for neglect. If a child died in an "accident" that was unreported - and therefore that child never received professional help which might have saved its life, the state would see that as tantamount to manslaughter since the child is dependent on that adult for medical aid. Not rendering aid would be considered felony level neglect.

You may find my notions mind-boggling, and it may be your opinion they are incredibly erroneous, but I feel like I'm in good company here.

Notice the required condition: 'if' negligence, then manslaughter.

Notice the required condition: 'if' negligence, then manslaughter.

Yes, and not reporting an accident or seeking medical aid is automatically negligence regardless of what the "accident" is said to have been.

I keep going back to the fact that Casey never reported her daughter missing at all. Cindy had to finally notify LE by calling 911. Casey even asked for one more day. What innocent person does that? What innocent person never asks for her daughter to be returned to her? What innocent person takes police on a wild goose chase and lies to them about simple things that can easily be verified or not? Casey has not shown me that she is innocent at all. All of her actions have been that of a very guilty person trying to get out of trouble.

IMO
I totally agree with you. Why didn't KC just take CA to Zanny's apartment to get Caylee? Simple answer there was no Zanny! What person would rather have the polce called than take her mother where her baby was staying. KC didn't think CA was going to call the cops. Asking her mother to give her one more day was just a stall so she could skip off to CA and hide out with MH.

Frankly, I always wondered why KC didn't claim Caylee had drowned accidently. Now, I assume the reason she didn't dare do that was because she would have been required to lead LE to Caylee's remains...and it would be really, really hard to explain how Caylee got tangled up in that duct tape and thrown out in a garbage bag for the animals to eat.

Not to mention, where did the choroform come from?

I totally agree with you. Why didn't KC just take CA to Zanny's apartment to get Caylee? Simple answer there was no Zanny! What person would rather have the polce called than take her mother where her baby was staying. KC didn't think CA was going to call the cops. Asking her mother to give her one more day was just a stall so she could skip off to CA and hide out with MH.

And CA, if she truly had ZFG's addresses and numbers would have certainly taken KC there before she called LE. The fact CA went straight to 911 and skipped her alleged "sticky note" with all the info, indicates she knew there wasn't any.

and ca, if she truly had zfg's addresses and numbers would have certainly taken kc there before she called le. The fact ca went straight to 911 and skipped her alleged "sticky note" with all the info, indicates she knew there wasn't any.

amen!

Cecybeans great point! CA certainly found her little sticky notes with ZFG address & phone number when the police came. CA stated she gave the sticky note to a police officer, so why didn't she go get Caylee herself?

Cecybeans great point! CA certainly found her little sticky notes with ZFG address & phone number when the police came. CA stated she gave the sticky note to a police officer, so why didn't she go get Caylee herself?

Maybe her carseat was already in the attic, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire