Conrad Murray Trial - Day Twenty One

I live in a private gated community where there are a lot of "snow birds"
(residents who leave during the sweltering 115 degree summers) that reside
here only during the cooler & more comfortable months of the year.

Because there are so many retired & elderly people who live here, and because there are
so many vacant homes during the summer & holiday seasons, it is required that we inform
"the Posse" (our local police department) the where abouts of an extra key to our houses.

If one does not want to give their extra key to a friend or neighbor,
they have the option of having the fire department place a keybox on the property...
with only the FD & PD knowing the code to get inside the box.

ETA: There has to be some Websleuths members who are movie stars & celebrities living in LA, Beverly Hills, etc...
with private, gated, personal properties.... that can tell us how it works for them!!

Right, I can understand that about a key to your personal residence. I'm wondering about emergency access through the gate to the community. Actually, unless you are involved in managing the HOA for your community, you might not even be aware of their code access or ordinance. I dare say though that if they have requirements for actual keys to personal residences, there is something in place for them to enter the gate unfettered in the event of an emergency, as it should be.

Did I just hear Beth Karas say Ornellas is currently working in marketing? Do I need hearing aids?

Did I just hear Beth Karas say Ornellas is currently working in marketing? Do I need hearing aids?

:floorlaugh:

She was talking about Juror #10. This woman has a degree in biochemistry and some other related experience (can't remember what all she said) and then said she is no longer in that field and is now in marketing. Apparently, this juror is the one that is taking copious notes and is confirming correct exhibit numbers to the court.

Can someone start day 22? We'll be learning if he's going to testify in a few. Thanx

Is there court today? I don't see my usual link on TMZ. But they may be so excited about the Kartrashian divorce that they forgot.

Mel

Is there court today? I don't see my usual link on TMZ. But they may be so excited about the Kartrashian divorce that they forgot.

Mel

TMZ has been a little off lately. They'll add the live feed just a few minutes before court starts (today at 9:30 Pacific time). Yesterday TMZ had their link going shortly after court started yesterday. Don't know what is up with them.

BBM

He wastes so much time just on one sentence!

Watch how he pauses between each word, stops mid-sentence to say he'll rephrase the question...
then he "ummms", "errrs" ... then takes 2 steps left, 2 steps right... looks at the ceiling, the floor,
his hands while not saying anything, then moves his hands around for emphasis ( of what?) ... before
finishing his sentence... which by that time he forgot what the question was. :banghead:

And God forbid, the witness asks Flanagan to repeat the question.
Rarely does he repeat it, because he either forgot what it was...
or he didn't understand what he asked, either.

Such good, insightful posts late last night and this morning. Thank you all!

I am just going to jump off of this post, ok Peace? Flannegan just drives me crazy with his speech patterns and body movements. I find it hard to concentrate when he questions the witnesses. I suppose in a weird way this probably works for him as a defense lawyer, gives the jury something to pay attention to instead of the actual nonsense he is discussing. But crap, for the casual observer it is maddening.

Also, I think the DT is having a hard time convincing CM not to testify. As bad as it is, he would make it so much worse. Of course, CM may believe that his lawyers did such a lousey job of representing him, he can do better.

If Murray wants to take the stand after seeing what Walgren did to White yesterday, he should have pled insanity! CM better hope someone in that courtroom knows CPR because he will need it once Walgren gets done with him. :floorlaugh:

One thing that has bothered me is this gate thing regarding emergency vehicles. My background is in commercial real estate and in any city I've dealt with properties (and there have been more than just a few) there have always been ordinances that if it is a gated property, there must always be a keypad that has a code for emergency personnel to utilize to gain access. In absence of that, a lockbox with a key that they have the code to in order to access the key so that they can open the gate.

I can't imagine that being any different for a private residence. Say there is a fire or a breakin, etc and someone inside a house calls police or fire for help, emergency help just can't be sitting outside a closed gate and just sit there twiddling their thumbs waiting on someone inside the residence to grant them entrance.

Anyone have any insight to this as far as what is the norm for a private residence?

In this case though there was always security on duty at the house. I would assume that they would take care of any intruders; I have no idea what they would do for a fire. With the security always on duty I would assume they would check to make sure EMTs were called from the main house and then let them in, seems pretty simple to me, but I don't know what orders security had as far as letting in emergency workers. Maybe prosecution should establish this in rebuttal.

Right, I can understand that about a key to your personal residence. I'm wondering about emergency access through the gate to the community. Actually, unless you are involved in managing the HOA for your community, you might not even be aware of their code access or ordinance. I dare say though that if they have requirements for actual keys to personal residences, there is something in place for them to enter the gate unfettered in the event of an emergency, as it should be.

I was afraid I wouldn't word it right.

What I meant to say, in my long explaination, is that the PD & FD must have easy access into
every home in our town, regardless if the occupant is home or away... in case of an emergency.
The PD & the FD check on a regular basis to see if all residents' key info is up-to-date.

Kinda like the FD does in CT, going house to house to check that everyone
in their town has a working smoke alarm. They also check that all inground
pools have fences surrounding them & are up to code.

Such good, insightful posts late last night and this morning. Thank you all!

I am just going to jump off of this post, ok Peace? Flannegan just drives me crazy with his speech patterns and body movements. I find it hard to concentrate when he questions the witnesses. I suppose in a weird way this probably works for him as a defense lawyer, gives the jury something to pay attention to instead of the actual nonsense he is discussing. But crap, for the casual observer it is maddening.

I saw an article yesterday elsewhere that had a pic of Flanagan. A commenter asked "Why is Leslie Nielsen at the MJ trial". :)

I have never heard of that either. All they ask for is the address and what is hard to remember 100 N. Carollwood? I mean CM had to know the address since he had been coming there for two months.

Its all a bunch of bull, TxLady.

IMO

Six -- seven minutes -- portal to portal. Period.

Sunny Hostin just said she thought Dr. White did a good job. I don't think she watched the same testimony that I did. :floorlaugh:

Certainly she's just as entitled to her opinion as I am, but gee.

I keep waiting for her to enter the courtroom & take her seat at the DT table.
I really do.

(forgive, but she is soo-o-o-o-o far out there, IMHO)

Borndem... go to day 22, sweetie!
I miss you over there!! We all do!!! :)

Court just started!

I posted the link above, at post # 393 on this thread.

Watching yesterday's testimony about Corad returning to the room approx 2 minutes later, found Michael not breathing and looked at pulse oximeter that showed a heart rate of 122: Problem here - portable pulse ox does not continuously run and secondly did he ever mention what the oxygen saturation reading was???? Very important information left out if he did not.

ETA: a pulse oximeter will not give a oxygen saturation if a persons appendage (finger, toe, earlobe) is too cool, needs to be warmed up.

Thanks for your expertise, Isabelle, on this.

And CM's p/o was one of the cheapest on the market.

Earlier in CM's conversation with LE, he had said something like, "I had checked his p/o level and it was 98 and 90 -- he was fine."

I have had mine checked from time to time -- due to asthma flare-ups, and there is a big difference in 98 (close to optimal, I believe) and 90 -- at least 90 makes a difference to ME. Breath is short and there's sometimes a bit of a wheeze. I would ASSUME (please correct if I am mistaken here) that a p/o of 90, down from 98 might, just might (!) be something an MD would want to explore, just a bit... JMO.

Thoughts, anyone? TIA.

Undergrad in astronomy, and now she's marketing. Yes, your ears are at least as good as your nursing skills, IMO!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back