402 months, 40+, 40.2

Just throwing this out there-

"Area code 402 is the telephone numbering plan code for eastern Nebraska in the North American Numbering Plan. It was one of the original area codes created in 1947, and served the entire state. In 1954, this area code was split: eastern Nebraska retained 402, and western Nebraska was placed in area code 308....The state's two largest cities, Omaha and Lincoln, are both in eastern Nebraska."

Area codes 402 and 531 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Googled 40-2 and it brought up several hits for Psalm 40:2 & Isaiah 40:2 in the top hits.

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." - Psalm 40:2

"Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the Lord’s hand double for all her sins." - Isaiah 40:2

Just my opinion, but I am thinking she didn't destroy the items in the lockbox before she committed suicide because the coverup/false identity no longer mattered to her if she wasn't alive. Maybe concealing her true identity was only important to her as long as she was in danger from whatever/whoever she was hiding from. She may not have cared if her husband and his family discovered her true identity following her death. If she was in hiding from someone or from some type of consequences from a former crime, then she couldn't be prosecuted or harmed by anyone after death.

Googled 40-2 and it brought up several hits for Psalm 40:2 & Isaiah 40:2 in the top hits.

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." - Psalm 40:2

"Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the Lord’s hand double for all her sins." - Isaiah 40:2

ktgirl,

Thank you for this post. I find it keenly ironic. FLEK was apparently, at least toward the end of her life, a very religious person. While these passages may have absolutely nothing to do with why 402 (40 2, whatever) was written on the note page, you can see how they just might reflect her relationship with God. I hope this is the case.

"Area code 402 is the telephone numbering plan code for eastern Nebraska in the North American Numbering Plan.

That was my first thought as well: a Nebraska connection.

I attended a small Nebraska college in the late 80's. I knew many young women like this. Much of what has been written about her (no discernible accent, dressing matronly yet possibly working as a stripper, very religious, 402, etc.) seems familiar to me. (I wonder how she liked her tea!) At the time, various how to disappear books were circulating on campus.

Someone over at the ST website mentioned Christi Jo Nichols, who disappeared from Nebraska about six months before FLEK shows up in Idaho as BST. Seemed like a good match to me. They don't look exactly alike, but six months, a little makeup, perhaps some minor cosmetic surgery, and the help of people in the know would make it seem likely.

Unfortunately, Christi Jo's DNA is on file with at least one of the major databases. Since FLEK's DNA has been uploaded as well, I'm assuming there's no match and we can rule out, not only Christi Jo, but all other missing persons whose DNA is online as well.

I still wouldn't rule out Nebraska, though I'm sure the investigator has his reasons for doing so.

Now as we know, the fed supposedly found no matches between LEK's DNA and known foreign and American criminals/agents. This is reassuring, given that the NSA, CIA, FBI, etc. have NEVER deliberately lied to and/or deceived us. ;-) har, har, har

I agree with this line of thought that the notes page could merely be a distraction, and/or LEK considered it meaningless, and/or she hoped the notes page author would ultimately recognize it/her.

For example, another 402 candidate (U.S.C. 402):

"Authority"

"The National Security Council was established by the National Security Act of 1947 (PL 235 – 61 Stat. 496; U.S.C. 402), amended by the National Security Act Amendments of 1949 (63 Stat. 579; 50 U.S.C. 401 et seq.). Later in 1949, as part of the Reorganization Plan, the Council was placed in the Executive Office of the President."

Source: Wikipedia, United States National Security Council
Source: Google web phrase search, 402 nsc nsa

Although this coincidence could be troubling or interesting depending on your perspective, it hardly makes LEK a government code breaker.

On the other hand, as LEK spent a great deal of effort concealing her true/past identities--as many have noted--perhaps she was a secret agent.

I just realized something. Doesn't 402 months equate to a life sentence in some states for some crimes?

The following links are from a Spokane Washington case that occurred in 1978 when the perpetrator was about 22 years old. He ultimately faces serving 33 years or 402 months with good behavior credits that were earned. He was originally sentenced to death and there were several appeals that got him down to the 402 months. I also posted a link to his picture and a picture of the kit sap county deputy he killed. I have tried to find relatives as he indicted to the parole board that he still had family in the area that he could live with. I came up with nothing in the area under his last name. He also indicated that he could work because he had inherited a business from his father. It is indicated in appeals papers that he is a JR. Only older person I could find by that name was a man in TEXAS by that name. I am interested in finding out if he had a sister who may have gone to Texas with her father. The age range for her would be close depending on the age difference with the perp and depending on if FLEK was really older than she claimed on the false IDs. I've not been able to dig into Washington State records to determine if there are any relatives out there. Like I said, the people search of that name came up with the older man as the most interesting possible link. But there were a few others by that name, maybe California if I recall correctly.

http://www.theolympian.com/2011/03/13/1577735/daughter-of-slain-kitsap-county.html

http://www.kitsapsun.com/photos/2011/mar/11/181543/?enlarge=0#axzz2cESvmdOI

http://pugetsoundblogs.com/kitsap-c...book-to-protest-killers-parole/#axzz2cETGZPmx

The following links are from a Spokane Washington case that occurred in 1978 when the perpetrator was about 22 years old. He ultimately faces serving 33 years or 402 months with good behavior credits that were earned. He was originally sentenced to death and there were several appeals that got him down to the 402 months. I also posted a link to his picture and a picture of the kit sap county deputy he killed. I have tried to find relatives as he indicted to the parole board that he still had family in the area that he could live with. I came up with nothing in the area under his last name. He also indicated that he could work because he had inherited a business from his father. It is indicated in appeals papers that he is a JR. Only older person I could find by that name was a man in TEXAS by that name. I am interested in finding out if he had a sister who may have gone to Texas with her father. The age range for her would be close depending on the age difference with the perp and depending on if FLEK was really older than she claimed on the false IDs. I've not been able to dig into Washington State records to determine if there are any relatives out there. Like I said, the people search of that name came up with the older man as the most interesting possible link. But there were a few others by that name, maybe California if I recall correctly.

http://www.theolympian.com/2011/03/13/1577735/daughter-of-slain-kitsap-county.html

http://www.kitsapsun.com/photos/2011/mar/11/181543/?enlarge=0#axzz2cESvmdOI

http://pugetsoundblogs.com/kitsap-c...book-to-protest-killers-parole/#axzz2cETGZPmx

According to ancestry.com there is a Nedley G. Norman, Sr. who died in 1989 in Kitsap county, Washington. He was 57 y/o.

Also, Jr. married HMP in 1977 in Nevada. She was from California. Just wondering what happened to her, I haven't come up with anything.

Something kind of strange, on the findagrave.com site, Norman Sr.'s grave was posted by the same woman that also posted the grave of the man (stockbroker) who committed suicide back in '87 in the Tacoma area, Robert A. King. She states in her profile that she is researching her family. Probably nothing, but I never expected to find that connection, though I'm not sure exactly what the connection is :waitasec:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...ll&GSst=50&GScntry=4&GSsr=3001&GRid=57423599&

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...ng&GSfn=Robert+&GSmid=47291067&GRid=58527454&

According to ancestry.com there is a Nedley G. Norman, Sr. who died in 1989 in Kitsap county, Washington. He was 57 y/o.

Also, Jr. married HMP in 1977 in Nevada. She was from California. Just wondering what happened to her, I haven't come up with anything.

Something kind of strange, on the findagrave.com site, Norman Sr.'s grave was posted by the same woman that also posted the grave of the man (stockbroker) who committed suicide back in '87 in the Tacoma area, Robert A. King. She states in her profile that she is researching her family. Probably nothing, but I never expected to find that connection, though I'm not sure exactly what the connection is :waitasec:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...ll&GSst=50&GScntry=4&GSsr=3001&GRid=57423599&

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...ng&GSfn=Robert+&GSmid=47291067&GRid=58527454&

This is very interesting. Could be coincidence, but if this woman is researching her family, are King and Norman related? Jr.'s wife's connections with Nevada and California are interesting and maybe worth following up on. The woman might be the right age if speculation that LEK was older than stated are correct. the relation to a stockbroker is also interesting. I don't know anything about ancestry.com so I can't do anything there. Can you pm me the wife's name so I can follow up? Good work Neesaki!

Neesaki, as I said, I don't know anything about ansestry.com, but I clicked on your link and then on the link to the poster's profile. There is a message tab in there and there is a message posted by a King family member who indicates King had a brother and that this King's father died when he was very young and their stepfather adopted them. So, I guess it's possible one brother used another name? So, could the two grave markers be the brothers?

Neesaki, apparently this research has been started before in the original thread. There was a half-brother in the King family. Don't know the name or relationships.

QUOTE:
07-12-2013, 01:56 PM

branwynbreeze

Re Robert A King of Tacoma

In Ancestry family tree pages he's listed under fact: no children, never seen that before, but maybe never paid attention. It seems his father, Donald Edwin Broughton, died young, 1904-1935. Robert had a brother by same father, Donald (Broughton) King 1931 – 1967. Later half brother was born.

According to Ancestry 1940 census, the 2 boys were born in Utah, lived in Oakland, CA in 1935 then Washington.
Last edited by branwynbreeze; 07-12-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Also, like Norman, sr. This King' s father was in the Air Force. I believe at one point stationed in San Antonio.

There are a slew of Lori Broughtons. In peoplefinders, and this is just an LOL Moment, there is a Hal F Broughton that shows no information. "Hal F" Broughton. Is this an alias for the half brother. Just weird, LOL.

List of highways numbered 402 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Georgia, Interstate 20 runs from the Alabama border to the Savannah River, which the Georgia-South Carolina border straddles. It passes through the heavily congested Atlanta metropolitan area and exits the state at Augusta. The highway allows Georgians and various cargo to travel to various locations, including Columbia, South Carolina; Birmingham, Alabama; Jackson, Mississippi and Dallas, Texas. I-20 has the unsigned state highway designation of State Route 402.

from Wikipedia:Interstate 20 in Georgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

also for those thinking she could be from Canada:
http://www.thekingshighway.ca/Highway402.htm

Neesaki, apparently this research has been started before in the original thread. There was a half-brother in the King family. Don't know the name or relationships.

QUOTE:
07-12-2013, 01:56 PM

branwynbreeze

Re Robert A King of Tacoma

In Ancestry family tree pages he's listed under fact: no children, never seen that before, but maybe never paid attention. It seems his father, Donald Edwin Broughton, died young, 1904-1935. Robert had a brother by same father, Donald (Broughton) King 1931 – 1967. Later half brother was born.

According to Ancestry 1940 census, the 2 boys were born in Utah, lived in Oakland, CA in 1935 then Washington.
Last edited by branwynbreeze; 07-12-2013 at 02:25 PM.

2 screen caps from Ancestry page. Not sure how accurate it is, but the odd thing says Robert had no children, but then shows no spouse, but looks like he had a female child:

Attachments

• Robert A broughton King 1.jpg
    Robert A broughton King 1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Robert A broughton King.jpg
    Robert A broughton King.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 54

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online