Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#4

Status
Not open for further replies.
dgfred

I couldn't figure out either how there could be so much glass left on the window sill after a large man has crawled through in the dark. He would have had to be able to hold his weight with one hand while opening the windows and not knowing where the glass was since it was dark out. Then to shimmy through that opening and leave so much glass on the sill? And the side of the sill with the least glass is not the side that the lower window is under. It just doesn't seem logical to me.

Yes... there is no real way to climb thru and glass still be lined up exactly where the shutters would have been if closed.

It is easy to see IMO that the shutters were pushed open after the glass was broken. Probably didn't want people from the road to be able to see inside the cottage with the shutters open already.

It probably was alot like when police show up at a supposed break-in/crime and find a screen cut... from the inside.

Yes... there is no real way to climb thru and glass still be lined up exactly where the shutters would have been if closed.

It is easy to see IMO that the shutters were pushed open after the glass was broken. Probably didn't want people from the road to be able to see inside the cottage with the shutters open already.

It probably was alot like when police show up at a supposed break-in/crime and find a screen cut... from the inside.

Along these lines , this quote from article RE 1990 Gregg Smart murder in Derry, New Hampshire, offers some illumination :

Jackson did not think that it was a burglary, "No signs of a struggle. Burglars don't usually fight. They don't pack guns. There were red flags all over the place." Even if it was a burglary, the police know that burglars don't usually go armed. Crime statistics show that burglars rarely commit homicide, and when they do kill, it is not execution-style the way Gregory Smart was murdered.

The crime scene also appeared to be staged. Staging is a way for someone to alter the crime scene before the police arrive, but this is harder to do than it sounds. An article in the FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin mentions staging: "Offenders who stage crime scenes usually make mistakes because they arrange the scene to resemble what they believe it should look like. In so doing, offenders experience a great deal of stress and do not have the time to fit all the pieces together logically. As a result, inconsistencies in forensic findings and in the overall 'big picture' of the crime scene will begin to appear. These inconsistencies can serve as the 'red flags' of staging, which serve to prevent investigations from becoming misguided."

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/family/smart/2.html

Amber29 Thanks so much for the crime scene photos!

Just trying to get a few things straight in my mind.....Trying to piece things together, and then a few out-of-place things break down a theory/argument. So any input would be greatly appreciated:

In the initial investigation and trial, Mignini had stated that Ms. Kercher's body had to have been covered with the duvet (and the door locked) long after her death, as there was no blood transfer to the duvet (the blood having dried). (this of course points away from Guede as lone wolf killing and fleeing, and points directly toward someone returning in the early morning hours to alter things.)

Then Fischer in his Injustice in Perugia points out that Mignini was speaking falsely, as crime scene photos clearly show significant blood transfer to the duvet. This is worrisome, as why would Mignini have stated this?

Pics of blood transfer on duvet from police video, and posted on IIP: (SORRY about victim's blood in photos; no disrespect intended :( )

16973_1207134747459_1501399242_30491206_567585_n.jpg

16973_1207134267447_1501399242_30491204_4312600_n.jpg

That's interesting SMK. I've also wondered how the murderer closed and locked Meridith's door without getting any blood on the outside of the door. Or maybe there was some and I haven't discovered that yet. But if there were blood on the outside why wouldn't Amanda have noticed it when she tried to get in there earlier?

There was no blood on the outside of Meredith's handle though there was on the inside handle. Strange

SMK ill have to dig into that duvet issue I had never heard or saw GM quoted as saying that.
Doesn't seem very logical and I don't think it's a big find to discover blood was on the duvet.

There was no blood on the outside of Meredith's handle though there was on the inside handle. Strange

SMK ill have to dig into that duvet issue I had never heard or saw GM quoted as saying that.
Doesn't seem very logical and I don't think it's a big find to discover blood was on the duvet.
Yes, I always heard it second-hand that Mignini said this, and am trying to locate the quote if such exists online. Perhaps he believed it was not a significant enough amount? In any case, all grist for the mill, so to speak...thanks....

That's interesting SMK. I've also wondered how the murderer closed and locked Meridith's door without getting any blood on the outside of the door. Or maybe there was some and I haven't discovered that yet. But if there were blood on the outside why wouldn't Amanda have noticed it when she tried to get in there earlier?
As it's been said by others that there was no blood on the outside handle, but there was on the inner one, it seems it may have been wiped clean?

ETA: From what I am reading, it may take many hours for blood to dry, so I wonder if the blood transfer onto the duvet is even very indicative of the time it was placed there?

I'm still trying to catch up on this case and I've found some older threads to try to get a feel for the progression of everything.

I've been reading that many posters think the prosecution was misleading and I haven't gotten to the evidence of that yet, but I have to ask why the defense would make a video touting that the window could be accessed without the bars then have an experienced climber do the video and USE the bars. That doesn't make sense to me.

Amanda's comment about thinking the blood was menstrual blood also makes no sense. Are there really woman that have their period hard enough that they would leave footprints on a rug in blood before they could address the issue?

I'm also confused how glass could get on top of the clothes in Filomena's room if the room hadn't already been ransacked. Guede took the time to use the restroom but didn't rifle through the other rooms? I think I read that Filomena was the one that collected the rent money so that may be the answer but how many people would know that?

Sorry, just rambling thoughts. Still trying to catch up. Thanks for all the info provided here.

OOPS! Also, was Amanda's blood what was visible on the sink spout in the initial walk through? If so where did it come from? Was she prone to bloody noses?

Myvice, thanks for you input. It doesn't make sense because we are being fed lies from all directions. Lies from Rudy G, lies from Amanda, lies from Raffaelo, and lies from the American media. The 3 players, Amanda, RS, and Rudy, are all lying to suit themelves. The American media is lying because of ignorance/lack of information, and also to please their viewers.

So all of this backgound noise and lies muddles our view of the evidence. Places, IMO, unreasonable doubts about the evidence we do have.

I'm still trying to catch up on this case and I've found some older threads to try to get a feel for the progression of everything.

I've been reading that many posters think the prosecution was misleading and I haven't gotten to the evidence of that yet, but I have to ask why the defense would make a video touting that the window could be accessed without the bars then have an experienced climber do the video and USE the bars. That doesn't make sense to me.

Amanda's comment about thinking the blood was menstrual blood also makes no sense. Are there really woman that have their period hard enough that they would leave footprints on a rug in blood before they could address the issue?

I'm also confused how glass could get on top of the clothes in Filomena's room if the room hadn't already been ransacked. Guede took the time to use the restroom but didn't rifle through the other rooms? I think I read that Filomena was the one that collected the rent money so that may be the answer but how many people would know that?

Sorry, just rambling thoughts. Still trying to catch up. Thanks for all the info provided here.

OOPS! Also, was Amanda's blood what was visible on the sink spout in the initial walk through? If so where did it come from? Was she prone to bloody noses?

From what I understand the video was not made by "the defense". It was made for a British TV show.

More interesting to me is a killer placing it there in the first place.

I think Mignini was referring to several different factors pointing to movement of the body much time later. Like during the staging portions of the crime.
It was evident to him that the body had been moved some good amount of time after the murder.

From what I understand the video was not made by "the defense". It was made for a British TV show.

Right... the first one with the lawyer guy doing the same thing was by the defense.

This is what the blood on the faucet looked like.

There was alot of talk about how RG's shoeprints go directly out the cottage front door... not turning around to shut/lock the door. No luminol prints of shoes outside the door but there were bare prints there.

I wonder if that is why AK/RS say he attempted to bust in the door... that would take care of any fingerprints of his on the door. Not to mention that his karate lessons seemed not to help and another guy was able to bust it after a few kicks.

The informed speculation of what really happened is the facinating part to me.

Myvice, thanks for you input. It doesn't make sense because we are being fed lies from all directions. Lies from Rudy G, lies from Amanda, lies from Raffaelo, and lies from the American media. The 3 players, Amanda, RS, and Rudy, are all lying to suit themelves. The American media is lying because of ignorance/lack of information, and also to please their viewers.

So all of this backgound noise and lies muddles our view of the evidence. Places, IMO, unreasonable doubts about the evidence we do have.

This is probably the main reason I have become sunk into this very case.

I was disgusted by the disinformation and lies... and to some extent I still am.

I am baffled how anyone can look at this wall and claim that there are scuff marks. How do we tell the difference between stone work, historical architecture and a scuff mark?

There was alot of talk about how RG's shoeprints go directly out the cottage front door... not turning around to shut/lock the door. No luminol prints of shoes outside the door but there were bare prints there.

I wonder if that is why AK/RS say he attempted to bust in the door... that would take care of any fingerprints of his on the door. Not to mention that his karate lessons seemed not to help and another guy was able to bust it after a few kicks.

The informed speculation of what really happened is the facinating part to me.

In with the crime scene photos Amber29 posted I saw one that showed Rafaels footprint 100% matching the print on the rug in the bathroom. Whatever came of that?

Also, was any of the blood in the bathroom attributed to anyone but Merideth? Thanks much!

I am baffled how anyone can look at this wall and claim that there are scuff marks. How do we tell the difference between stone work, historical architecture and a scuff mark?

I think it's likely that as in many cases confirmation bias comes into play ( confirmation bias: the tendency to interpret empirical data as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419