Weekend Discussion Thread 04/27-30/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO:
well I am a female and after reading about TLM and her lifestyle and what she has done and is capable of... I know who I would be afraid of and that would even be in broad daylight... I don't equate her with "weaker sex" because I have never believed that a woman is the weaker sex (well maybe when it comes to putting out the garbage or changing a tire)..MR I have not heard anything about him being a violent person only somewhat of a con artist and yes a liar so I could handle that no problem at all because I don't think he could hurt me physically. and that would be my fear....JMO

Question. Your probably not 8 years old and trapped in a car with him/them to test your theory. Tori was. I am sure you read the ME's report. Yep just a stand up guy.

Question. Your probably not 8 years old and trapped in a car with him/them to test your theory. Tori was. I am sure you read the ME's report. Yep just a stand up guy.

Bravo I can understand how you feel and how you are angry at MR & TLM but I can honestly say to you that I have not let my personal feelings govern how I see this event unfolding at the moment. When I first heard about TS I was appalled and saddened as I would be for any child who came to harm.. I also understand how frustrated you must feel because some of us don't feel the same way or show our anger.. but I am remaining impartial to this until the bitter end ..I am sorry I see things differently from you but that is just the way it is no matter what anyone throws out there at me. I will remain true to my feelings...if I am proven wrong then so be it.. I don't consider this a game...(not trying to infer that you do) I will wait until I hear what Dirk has to say .. I probably will never be able to see this as you do but that's okay too.. so rather than throw questions out to each other lets just accept what others have to say. It is their opinion and we should respect that....I would never question how you feel only if you posted something as factual without backup..so I think we should just agree to disagree on certain things...JMO

Respectfully....

I'm of the opinion that the premeditation happened in the days before the abduction. When I hear that he discussed abducting children with women, I think he was testing the water. I think that he tested the water with TLM and discovered that she was prepared to go along with the idea. I would like to see his computer records ... I'm curious about what he liked to read and if it related to other child abduction cases.

"Once, Ms. Hodge said, they had a little chat about “abducting kids,” surely a fascinating subject for a child worker and a man who would soon be charged with precisely that crime.

It was he who raised the topic, she said. “He said how people take kids, abduct them, and they [the kids] grow up thinking they’re [the kidnappers] like their real parents,” she said."

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...m-witnessing-horrifying-tori-stafford-murder/

I had no idea that if the defense called witnesses they could not do a closing argument. That is very different from here in the States, where it is expected that the defense will call witnesses and present a closing argument.

Wow. That makes it hard for the defense, in my opinion.

Salem

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/30/19698706.html

IMO, Defense WILL get a closing but only after the crown if they do not call witnesses or submit evidence.

"If a defence lawyer decides not to call his client, he's faced with another difficult choice. By calling any witness, the defence loses the right to give closing arguments after the Crown"

I think that there's an advantage to having the last word. If the defence presents witnesses, then the crown has the last word.
"Closing arguments:

Prosecution closing argument. The prosecution makes its closing argument, summarizing the evidence as the prosecution sees it, and explaining why the jury should render a guilty verdict.

Defense closing argument. The defense makes its closing argument, summarizing the evidence as the defense sees it, and explaining why the jury should render a not guilty verdict--or at least a guilty verdict on a lesser charge.

Section 651 determines who closes first. If defense presents evidence or the defendant testifies, then defense closes first."

http://www.julianhermida.com/polnotesoverview.htm

.....and if the last few weeks is indication of what will come....defense will make sure that their closing arguement is last....will not be halfway through the day...will be after the weekend...so possibly on a tuesday....when they get the last word...to be freshest in minds or jurors. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288