UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think about the Timeline of events and really get a feel for the man's mind you'll probably come to the same conclusion as I and others on the forum. Spirited, impulsive, proud, narcissistic, live for the moment individual whom ticks all the boxes for being occasionally reckless IMHO. If he were in my section I'd be keeping the mk1 on him at all times whilst out to save a few 'fisticuffs in Frederick St' episodes.
I also see no reason to leave a puppy, a posh car in a disabled spot, a no money drinking, eating for two type of guy out for a quiet beer with the lads....until you analyse his personality type. Then it all falls in place. He's an ESTF type. Impulsive would also be another word I'd use for him.
Physically, his phone can be answered away easily...he threw it away.
His SM accounts can be answered easily...he stopped using them.
It only takes a non de plume to start again. To which I'd be looking at newly registered accounts and E traffic from a few months beforehand to prove the fact.
JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rehash- alert with the quote below

and so said Nicola:
“It sounds ridiculous but if *anyone could show up after three or even six weeks and say, ‘You will not believe what happened to me!’ it would be Corrie.
“If you can think it, Corrie will have done it.
“He’s been hit by a car, he’s fallen out of windows and there’s never been a scratch on him.
“He bounces back every single time.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19808...ce-of-the-earth-from-near-terror-snatch-site/

I'm confused, Pilgrim...He is AWOL but there is a good reason why he isn't classed as AWOL?

Talk about a puzzler!

The is a misunderstanding in Civvie terms about the term AWOL. Even amongst the three (four) Services it differs as each branch has a different sub law. Airforce Law is different to Army Law but each come under Military Law which in turn comes under English Law in England but ultimately Statute Law.
It's up to the line managers to use 'conflict avoidance' techniques to avoid the dreaded 'Absent' tick against the register. If they can't sort it then it's flagged up the chain of command at the very last moment (damage limitation). It's only then that it is entered in 'the book' as Absent With Out Leave'. Again, remember a good line manager could hold the 'Absent' status for quite awhile using what's known as 'gardening leave' which is nearly indefinite. It's justified by annual leave, stat hol leave, CO's badminton third runner up prize leave etc.
This is the reason I was suggesting a Christmas comeback for the Messiah, after him being a very naughty boy. Four months can be written off against commitments as extra manpower. Then 'gardening leave'. After that there would be no reason why it couldn't be pushed up to full blown AWOL status and his pay stopped. I believe his pay has gone in since his absence? If he was caught he would be made to pay back one days absence for each day's abscondment. If he surrendered to the civilian police and consequently the military police he would usually have a third taken off his sentence. Remember, he's a Civil Servant so the term AWOL would effect pension rights too if he was eligible. It would also potentially push the civilian status UP to substantive Missing Person status which would eat up more assets, civilian funds and logistics
'Absent' is the correct term for the time being, NOT 'AWOL'.
JMO

The is a misunderstanding in Civvie terms about the term AWOL. Even amongst the three (four) Services it differs as each branch has a different sub law. Airforce Law is different to Army Law but each come under Military Law which in turn comes under English Law in England but ultimately Statute Law.
It's up to the line managers to use 'conflict avoidance' techniques to avoid the dreaded 'Absent' tick against the register. If they can't sort it then it's flagged up the chain of command at the very last moment (damage limitation). It's only then that it is entered in 'the book' as Absent With Out Leave'. Again, remember a good line manager could hold the 'Absent' status for quite awhile using what's known as 'gardening leave' which is nearly indefinite. It's justified by annual leave, stat hol leave, CO's badminton third runner up prize leave etc.
This is the reason I was suggesting a Christmas comeback for the Messiah after him being a very naughty boy. Four months can be written off against assets as extra manpower. Then 'gardening leave'. After that there would be no reason why it couldn't be pushed up to full blown AWOL status and his pay stopped. If he was caught he would be made to pay back one days absence for each day's abscondment. If he surrendered to the civilian police and consequently the military police he would usually have a third taken off his sentence. Remember, he's a Civil Servant so the term AWOL would effect pension rights too if he was eligible. It would also potentially push the civilian status UP to substantive Missing Person status which would eat up more assets, civilian funds and logistics
JMO

If we don't find him... they will "rule".
You'd get about 2 or 3 days (and depending on situation/investigation)

I'm not sure that going out & getting drunk, being asked to leave a nightclub by security, parking your car in town, falling asleep in a doorway etc. etc. is the way you would choose to start a new life 'on the run'.

There are so many facets to living a life (especially a secret one) than just using a bankcard. If I am reading you correctly I think you may be suggesting that by only having had the puppy for 5 months, he may not have forged that close a bond with the dog? While I respect your opinion, there's just too much there that doesn't make sense.

...and this is why we are 14 Threads into what under normal circumstances would be classed as an easy case. Honestly and respectfully, you need to read from day one/Thread 1 to get a handle on it. We've covered everything (quite rightly too IMHO). Take a look and we'll see you in the autumn lol.

Just spent 20 minutes looking at the latest news videos on the BBC etc of AO.
I really think N denying any existence of AO at the start even though AO had made herself publicly known was a bad move.
The comments on the news videos are so bad. People just seem to have had enough and bombard the stories with angry posts about being lied to for 3 months and how the "facts" always change.

It's a pretty sad day for Corrie when the GP start to turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spent 20 minutes looking at the latest news videos on the BBC etc of AO.
I really think N denying any existence of AO at the start even though AO had made herself publicly known was a bad move.
The comments on the news videos are so bad. People just seem to have had enough and bombard the stories with angry posts about being lied to for 3 months and how the "facts" always change.

It's a pretty sad day for Corrie when the GP start to turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really agree the tone on here is the same

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This is the reason I was suggesting a Christmas comeback for the Messiah after him being a very naughty boy. Four months can be written off against assets as extra manpower. Then 'gardening leave'. After that there would be no reason why it couldn't be pushed up to full blown AWOL status and his pay stopped. If he was caught he would be made to pay back one days absence for each day's abscondment. If he surrendered to the civilian police and consequently the military police he would usually have a third taken off his sentence. Remember, he's a Civil Servant so the term AWOL would effect pension rights too if he was eligible. It would also potentially push the civilian status UP to substantive Missing Person status which would eat up more assets, civilian funds and logistics
JMO

Completely agree, but awol whilst originally a military term, can be used in other ways. I posted a link earlier that the RAF may never call him AWOL, that doesn't mean I can't think he has gone awol from his life. If we want to be really pedantic, he would no longer be awol, he would be a deserter and charged as such.

I don't think it matters much what his orientation is/was... While trying to sleuth its better to seek answers in the facts we already know otherwise we all tend to just go around in circles... Granted we all fall into this trap, it's having an imagination which does it...

I think we'd all like to be able to say my theory is right and this or that happened, but armed with little facts and disinformation we could all be way off the mark.

I was sure it was death by drowning initially, then kidnapping and now I lean towards involvement with persons he knew or 3rd parties of the people he knew...

I think we'd all like him home one way or another.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Any Rock Apes on here care to suggest what the likely outcome of an intra-corps affair would be? I know how it was dealt with at Colchester, unless you were 3PARA Mortars that it.

A 24 straight away preceded by a quick one way conversation, no tea and biscuits perhaps? ;)

I think several threads ago posters kept bringing up meet-up apps and then it became about gay meet-up apps. It was not quite bashing but it was stereotyping in my honest opinion. Though some had a date gone wrong scenario, and some a hate crime scenario attached to the word Gay. It's never been our business what he is. I think we are all familiar with people meeting strangers online or on apps and it going terribly wrong. I never understood the theory in this case, since he wasted a lot of meeting up time drinking alone and sleeping on the sidewalk. The crazy internet or app date is the modern werewolf in a way. Except it really does happen. Just not as much as we fear.

I think it's come up because if this is murder which is what a lot of people are now suspecting....

1. It's very rare / highly unlikely a woman would kidnap / rape / murder a man.

2. I think it's also pretty rare for a male stranger to murder another male stranger especially in a situation like this where seemingly no crime such as attempted robbery or a drug deal had taken place. As far as we know Corrie wasn't part of a gang.

3. If he's gone off with a friend - then you would think the Police would have some idea that he had gone off with a friend. They have supposedly spoken to all owners of the relevant vehicles.

4. If he's gone off with a stranger and hasn't returned due to murder, as mentioned it's highly likely not going to be a woman murderer. If it is a man he's gone off with then you have to question why he's going off with a male stranger.

IMO - based on the fact the bin lorry has been ruled out, and he couldn't walk out the area and with how long he's gone missing for most likely indicating a bad result - death, then it's most likely he's gone off with a male stranger and been killed.

I think it's come up because if this is murder which is what a lot of people are now suspecting....

1. It's very rare / highly unlikely a woman would kidnap / rape / murder a man.

2. I think it's also pretty rare for a male stranger to murder another male stranger especially in a situation like this where seemingly no crime such as attempted robbery or a drug deal had taken place. As far as we know Corrie wasn't part of a gang.

3. If he's gone off with a friend - then you would think the Police would have some idea that he had gone off with a friend. They have supposedly spoken to all owners of the relevant vehicles.

4. If he's gone off with a stranger and hasn't returned due to murder, as mentioned it's highly likely not going to be a woman murderer. If it is a man he's gone off with then you have to question why he's going off with a male stranger.

IMO - based on the fact the bin lorry has been ruled out, and he couldn't walk out the area and with how long he's gone missing for most likely indicating a bad result - death, then it's most likely he's gone off with a male stranger and been killed.
Sorry since when has bin lorry been ruled out?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member