How would we know if TH was no longer the 'de facto' suspect?

nosysw

Reaction score
Many folks have said that the presser from 9/15 has led them to change their position slightly in that they think TH may be only a small piece of a larger scenario, or that she may have gotten over her head in another situation and set up, or many other theories.

Her own lawyer called her a "de facto" subject.

I'm wondering if you more experienced sleuthers, or anyone else, think we would ever see an indication of the focus coming off TH and how.

Even if her lawyer wasn't told, would he, with his experience, feel a change in the tides, and loosen up the strings on TH? Would we maybe start to see her out and about a little? We don't know how visible LE is in tracking her- would a change be noticed?

What do you all think- will we ever know if KH is never found and no case is presented?

Many folks have said that the presser from 9/15 has led them to change their position slightly in that they think TH may be only a small piece of a larger scenario, or that she may have gotten over her head in another situation and set up, or many other theories.

I'm wondering if you more experienced sleuthers, or anyone else, think we would ever see an indication of the focus coming off TH and how.

Even if her lawyer wasn't told, would he, with his experience, feel a change in the tides, and loosen up the strings on TH? Would we maybe start to see her out and about a little? We don't know how visible LE is in tracking her- would a change be noticed?

What do you all think- will we ever know if KH is never found and no case is presented?

Thank you for a great post. To me...never to know will compound the tragedy.

If there are so many loose ends or detectives still believe she did it (as in the Ramsey case) but the D.A. feels he cannot go to trial...Terri will remain in limbo.

I can't imagine, believing in Terri's guilt now how Desiree and Kaine would reconcile seeing her escape punishment. Yet if Terri is innocent, she'll never have a normal life either. There is just enough out there, even if not enough to go to trial...that she'll live under suspicion the rest of her life.

I wonder if Kaine or Desiree would eventually write a book?

Or maybe someone will leave the investigation and write a book as happened in the Ramsey case detailing why the Ramsey parents were suspected though never charged. That could happen to Terri. Then Terri could write HER book.

In fact, the case may become lot like Jon Benet's case. People continuing to believe one side or the other...no justice for the child...a lives forever under a cloud. We might hear more details then.

I thoroughly, honestly, and truthfully believe if they cannot find any EVIDENCE, from plant genetics, to soil samples on the undercarriage of the truck, this case will NEVER be solved.

TH, in my opinion, is the designated perp because, well just because certain parts of the economy may be negatively impacted, like in the Cummings case.

Naturally, the above is just my uninformed opinion. I have no evidence, no proof, just a self-imagined ability to read between the lines.

LE would state emphatically that she had been cleared to protect themselves from a lawsuit.

I mean, at the minimum I would think that TH would have a pretty good case to go after LE if she is obviously not involved and she has made sure that she has cooperated and cleared herself of scenarios that would have included her taking Kyron. JMVHO.

I really doubt it. I don't think LE is going to come out and say anything. They are not going to specifically rule anyone in or out until they announce an arrest.

In so many cases where the suspicions were about one person LE never came to these people's rescue even though they turned out to be totally innocent when the real perpetrators were caught.

LE has not been in contact with Terri since she obtained a lawyer. They have no reason to go to her attorney and tell him anything so he will continue to advise her to remain quiet.

With one of the BTK victims the husband was a suspect for many years (20 years iirc) before BTK finally confessed he was the one that had really murdered this man's wife. So if there is no arrest now I am afraid Terri will be subjected to the same treatment until and if another suspect is arrested.

I cant recall exactly what Staton said at first about the internet needs to be careful of what is said. (paraphrasing) but I have thought about his recent statements that we will look back on things we heard about early on and think about them later. I find that very intriguing. Is he saying there is a lesson to be learned in this case?

IMO

I do know that when asked specifically about information the news had received regarding the MFH, all Lt Linstrand would say is "That information did not come from us."

I thoroughly, honestly, and truthfully believe if they cannot find any EVIDENCE, from plant genetics, to soil samples on the undercarriage of the truck, this case will NEVER be solved.

TH, in my opinion, is the designated perp because, well just because certain parts of the economy may be negatively impacted, like in the Cummings case.

Naturally, the above is just my uninformed opinion. I have no evidence, no proof, just a self-imagined ability to read between the lines.

But wouldn't plant genetics to soil samples on the undercarriage have to be matched to Kyron? For instance, she was on a number of rural, unpaved roads; I think she could argue she did a u-turn and the truck may have trampled on some foliage, the dirt on road was wet etc. I see reasonable doubt given where she said she was driving. Now if Kryon was found in area that matched, it would be another story...still circumstantial, but it would be highly regarded by the jury after adding whatever other evidence they may have IMO.

But wouldn't plant genetics to soil samples on the undercarriage have to be matched to Kyron? For instance, she was on a number of rural, unpaved roads; I think she could argue she did a u-turn and the truck may have trampled on some foliage, the dirt on road was wet etc. I see reasonable doubt given where she said she was driving. Now if Kryon was found in area that matched, it would be another story...still circumstantial, but it would be highly regarded by the jury after adding whatever other evidence they may have IMO.

Oh, I didn't realize that the roads from Skyline to the FM's, to the gym, and back home again were unpaved. I thought things were rough here in Montana!!!

Maybe I can ask this in this thread, as LE has said many times they have no suspects or POI's............are they still of that mind, has it changed, is it still everyone is of interest to them ?

I do know that when asked specifically about information the news had received regarding the MFH, all Lt Linstrand would say is "That information did not come from us."

As in Multnomah? Or Tillamook or Washington County? Then perhaps it came from the FBI or Homeland Security or another jurisdiction....JMVHO.

I totally agree. When/if they find Kyron deceased (I really hope not), we will see what kind of mud/soil and or plant genetics show up. I've ofen wondered about all the new tests that show the ancestory of plants, type of mud, etc. To me it seems like a blend of Sherlock Holmes and God.

I would think that LE would come out in a presser and clear TH and DDS publicly.
IMO, this case will take a long time to solve and maybe years before an arrest.
I'm thinking of Susan Powell, Haleigh Cummings.........LE KNOWS, close people KNOW,
but it is circumstantial right now..........LE needs proof and it is KYRON or a confession.
JMOO

De facto is a Latin expression that means "by [the] fact". In law, it is meant
to mean "in practice but not necessarily ordained by law" or "in practice or ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_facto

De facto is a Latin expression that means "by [the] fact". In law, it is meant
to mean "in practice but not necessarily ordained by law" or "in practice or ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_facto

So, let me get this straight - Terri is guilty "in practice by not necessarily ordined by law"?

Does that mean she can be tried and put in jail "in practice", or do they need to follow guidelines "ordained by law"? What exactly does this mean to us?

Thanks for the definition.

Oh, I didn't realize that the roads from Skyline to the FM's, to the gym, and back home again were unpaved. I thought things were rough here in Montana!!!

Sorry, I was referring to driving around Baby K and some of the roads LE wanted the footage from to my understanding some are unpaved, thinking of NW Logie for one. Maybe a local could clarify how many roads on that list are unpaved?

Sorry, I was referring to driving around Baby K and some of the roads LE wanted the footage from to my understanding some are unpaved, thinking of NW Logie for one. Maybe a local could clarify how many roads on that list are unpaved?

Oh. Do we know, outside of those places, where Terri was driving that was unpaved? I mean, I suppose her driveway isn't paved, but other than that? Do we know that those videos requested were to see if they spotted Terri's truck? Or was it ever stated why they wanted the videos? I mean, i know it was asked in the basket of gathering information which included some specific "did you see terri" questions, but those videos you mention......were they specifically for Terri?

So, let me get this straight - Terri is guilty "in practice by not necessarily ordined by law"?

Does that mean she can be tried and put in jail "in practice", or do they need to follow guidelines "ordained by law"? What exactly does this mean to us?

Thanks for the definition.

It means she is being treated as a suspect informally, without being charged.

As in Multnomah? Or Tillamook or Washington County? Then perhaps it came from the FBI or Homeland Security or another jurisdiction....JMVHO.

I hadn't considered that another jurisdiction or agency might compromise MCSO's investigation and the MC DA's case. I sure hope they wouldn't.

I would think that LE would come out in a presser and clear TH and DDS publicly.
IMO, this case will take a long time to solve and maybe years before an arrest.
I'm thinking of Susan Powell, Haleigh Cummings.........LE KNOWS, close people KNOW,
but it is circumstantial right now..........LE needs proof and it is KYRON or a confession.
JMOO

I wonder if LE would clear someone they had never charged, arrested, named as a suspect, or even named as a POI. I don't think they would have any legal obligation to do so. But IANAL.

Here's one of our lawyer's explanation:

It means, "LE has not PUBLICLY said my client is a suspect, but we all know they are just covering their *advertiser censored**es and PRIVATELY have focused in on her like a laser."

ETA: "De facto" just means "in fact"--i.e., she hasn't been NAMED as a suspect, but "in fact" she is one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back