NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 3

To those who were wondering about the judges instructions, this was discussed in court the other day, was it just yesterday? The defense wanted the judge to make some sort of stipulation as to the testimony of these couple witnesses. The judge told the defense, to accommodate their stipulation, he would point out which testimony these witnesses gave, and how it should be considered. The defense wasn't too wild about him pointing out what the testimony was, but the prosecution said 'if the judge is vague about what the testimony from these witnesses was that the defense wanted the stipulation on, then the jury might assume it was ALL of each of these witnesses testimony they should question.

Again, it may be a NC thing but alternates are not allowed to deliberate. They are released when the deliberations begin. It's somewhat scary.
In other trials I've watched, the poor alternates still have to come to the courthouse - just in a different room - AND they are still under the admonition just in case they are needed.

LOL Sorry - got my Carolina's mixed up. Can you explain the judge's stipulations to me? Is this a common occurrence?

A lot of people mix up the two states. NC is much classier than SC :))
The judges instructions to the jury is pretty much common in all trials. He just went over what's what. His mentioning the girls who Raven shoved in the closet and the other one who refused to sit on his lap were not good for the defense as the defense mentioned that particular part of the instructions yesterday with an objection. The judge overruled Tyndall on it. I can't say why, at this moment, Judge Hudson included that illustration but hopefully somebody else can. I have drunk 2 pots of coffee, eaten 3 larger things of Greek Yogurt, and smoked 2 packs of cigarettes since 9:30 this morning. My mind is gone.

In other trials I've watched, the poor alternates still have to come to the courthouse - just in a different room - AND they are still under the admonition just in case they are needed.

That's probably a better procedure. Any one of the 12 who are in the jury room right now could get run over by a train on their way home tonight.....would that make them have to start all over???? What a nasty and horrible thought.

test-12.jpg

Janet-at-play.jpg

Janet-Kaiden.jpg

L L & S--you have included some beautiful photographs of Janet. Kudos to you for your ever present concern for her and her family.

" I have drunk 2 pots of coffee, eaten 3 larger things of Greek Yogurt, and smoked 2 packs of cigarettes since 9:30 this morning. My mind is gone."[/QUOTE]

LMAO @ NC.......think we all feel this way!!

That's probably a better procedure. Any one of the 12 who are in the jury room right now could get run over by a train on their way home tonight.....would that make them have to start all over???? What a nasty and horrible thought.

Now should any of these poor witnesses 'get run over by a train' we know who to blame. :floorlaugh: :seeya: :rockon:

OMG - I will never forget the look on Karen's face when Char asked her how she spelled her name!!
I wonder if she was in the courtroom today - I was outside, so I couldn't see my screen that well. Did anybody notice her?

I missed jury instructions do you think they will have video up later or only live feed?

OMG - I will never forget the look on Karen's face when Char asked her how she spelled her name!!
I wonder if she was in the courtroom today - I was outside, so I couldn't see my screen that well. Did anybody notice her?
Yes, I believe I did see her.

Does anyone mind if we shut down this thread and begin a Verdict Watch thread?

How long do you think the jury will be out? Are they sequestered now. Do they work in the evening or business hours?

They have until 5pm, however, they can come to the judge and say they are done for the day and wish to come back at 9:30 in the morning. If I understood what he said.

Today they only showed Janet's side of the courtroom, some very close up shots of her family and friends. I don't remember the camera ever going over to Raven's side, it may have and I missed it. After the State finished closing arguments, the camera zoomed in on Janet's family and many of them were crying. I could feel their relief that Charlene did such a good job and that this horrible nightmare is a bit closer to being over.

Does anyone mind if we shut down this thread and begin a Verdict Watch thread?

If/when you start a new thread, please come back over here and let us know so we'll know where to be. Thanks!!

Done! VERDICT WATCH Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210745"]VERDICT WATCH - Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back