Angie Wright's Statement - Inconsistensies Galore. Let's Review

Help with locating info please. I haven't downloaded all the batches so cant do a search. I would like to locate the 2nd AW interview..preferably the transcribed PDF. TIA

This is another she made at 9.31am on the same date, in relation to signing consent forms?

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B717FUtKwdU8OW9vQVZuWldaUjA

eta Not sure if this batch of transcripts has been added to.

Yes, I had found that one but I think LE came back later than July 12 and did a 2nd interview

Those are the only two interviews. And as ScotAng said, the second one is very limited - simply a consent to search.

Brilliant work, Beach. Reading and listening to Angi's interviews is like taking lessons in gaslighting. Thankfully her mother, the informant and the detective knew what they knew and didn't doubt or second-guess themselves.

BBM - Beach, why do you think she knew Mark was going to be out of town before Wayne left MO? I'm not saying it isn't possible or isn't likely, but when I was re-reading I didn't get that vibe. It sounds to me like she was saying that CWW told her after he got there or when he came back. Just based on this quoted statement. I was just wondering if there is something else or if I'm not seeing something - ENTIRELY possible, ha.

AW: I know that he does computer work for Mark. But he told me that he was going there to do computer
work for the auction. He was hoping to get to see Mark. But then he found out Mark was gonna be
outta town, and --

DL: Do you know--

AW: -- he wasn't gonna get to see Mark, he said.

I think when Lebid pounces on 'computer', she knows she needs to acknowledge her awareness of CWW's computer work for the Sievers. <bbm> Wright tells her he was hoping to see MS, but found out Mark was gonna be out of town and wasn't gonna get to see him. Past tense, prior knowledge. If she only found that out after the murder, I think she would've said something more like 'but he didn't get to see Mark because ......' At least, that's my take on it.

Those are the only two interviews. And as ScotAng said, the second one is very limited - simply a consent to search.
Ok, thank you. Again, I was thinking there was a 2nd AW interview days or weeks later. Once I started viewing this new thread it compelled me to read the AW interview closely. AW stated 1st car was rented by Mertz company but paid for by CWW because CWW/AW didn't have rental insurance. Since CWW had at minimum 2-3 weeks to consider this rental maybe CWW wanted to ensure if LE went looking for rentals under the name CWW there wouldn't be a record. What sort of supports this is, they still wouldnt have rental insurance when they rented rental #2 so why didn't AW ask her sister (Mertz) to coordinate rental #2 as well?(they had a legit reason for trip to FL together)
AW first states the reason of rental return was "It was due to be back". Then a few minutes later when, again, asked the reason they returned car #1 she replies "We found one cheaper"(not because it was due back) AW/CWW knew when they returned rental # 1 they were departing the next day for FL so they easily could have called rental company and said they wanted to extend lease on car #1....but CWW wouldn't want the same white car appearing anywhere in FL maybe because maybe some potential witness had said "We saw a white car"
The way Lebid says that on May 1, the night before wedding, there was texting going on mentioning blindfolding in the text. I almost have to assume that would be MS texting TS. Could there be a menege' sex tape on MS phone?
I hadn't picked up on it until Beach mentioned it, but she never mentioned JR accompanying CWW on the trip. Maybe, in fact, AWW didn't know JR went on the trip but she did call/or text JR cell while CWW was in FL. It could have been CWW called and asked AW to text/call JR to create appearance CWW was in MO texting JR creating an alibi for both CWW/JR
A line i didnt understand was about the new shed. When Lebid asked about date of arrival of new shed AWW stated "We haven't even seen it yet". LE/SWAT came in hot awaking everyone in the (AW/CWW/(child) bed in their trailer. The shed was like 10' from front door. The first 56 minute interview (7:25a.m - 8:21a.m) July 12 at police station, then on same day, 70 minutes after interview #1 had concluded, they initiate brief interview #2 stating they would be looking in the cars and shed.

BBM - Beach, why do you think she knew Mark was going to be out of town before Wayne left MO? I'm not saying it isn't possible or isn't likely, but when I was re-reading I didn't get that vibe. It sounds to me like she was saying that CWW told her after he got there or when he came back. Just based on this quoted statement. I was just wondering if there is something else or if I'm not seeing something - ENTIRELY possible, ha.

This thread is a great idea by the way.

It is really just my interpretation. The passage "he wasn't going to get to see Mark" sounds to me like future tense. If she had said, "he wasn't able to see Mark", then that would be past tense.

That said, I concede my thoughts here are probably heavily influenced by ALL I have read the past week or so. So please, I totally understand if others interpret these passages differently. It has been a lot to digest. The most frustrating thing of all is I am finding it extremely hard to put in an order/context so others can see the big picture that is coming into focus for me. It's still blurry in places but it is becoming a lot clearer for me. It's like a 500,000 piece jigsaw puzzle and 75% of the teeny, tiny pieces are still face side down, but I've got the border started and a few corners filled in. Still, I can't describe well what I'm seeing and people not think I'm nutso. lol

Just one example: JR. It's a big deal to me that Angie never told anyone JR was going with Wayne on that trip. Angie talks a lot. She whines, fusses and complains a lot. She whined to others about Wayne going on this "vacation" while she had to stay home and work. Indicated she had only found out about the trip a day or two before (another lie - she had known for weeks). Common sense tells me she would have told her mother and probably others that Wayne had a buddy along for the trip. I can hear her fussing that he took a friend along to Florida while she had to stay home.:tantrum: But she didn't do that. I haven't be able to find a shred of evidence that she told another soul that Wayne wasn't alone on this trip. And we KNOW she knew that because she used Wayne's cell phone to call JR's phone knowing he was with Wayne. Also, Wayne is disabled with a bad back and fibromyalgia. That's a LONG drive to make (to and fro). Wouldn't she want to assure people that Wayne would have help in sharing the driving?.

And like everything else in this case, that leads down a whole other path. I believe without a doubt that JR was set up to be the patsy fall guy for Wayne. Mark had 2 fall guys - Wayne and JR. Wayne had JR. That was the reason Wayne never guided JR to prevent him from self-destructing - entering his email addy into the GPS, buying tee shirts, and on and on and on.... And then that phone call from Wayne's primary cell at 1:00p not only would place Wayne in MO but it would also place JR on the route home from FL. If anything went awry, JR was supposed to get caught. All paths were to lead directly back to JR.

So, Angie knew JR was on the trip but never told anyone. (disclaimer: that I have been able to locate) IOW, she knew she was supposed to keep her mouth shut about JR. WHY? If she didn't know anything in advance, why was JR going along for the trip such a big secret?

Oh, my head hurts. Seriously. My heart hurts too. And this whole thing pizzes me off all over again.

Could the phone call to JR's from CWW' phone (besides tring to place CWW in MO), be attempt to frame JR? I mean, AW could've called anyone, right?

Ok, thank you. Again, I was thinking there was a 2nd AW interview days or weeks later. Once I started viewing this new thread it compelled me to read the AW interview closely. AW stated 1st car was rented by Mertz company but paid for by CWW because CWW/AW didn't have rental insurance. Since CWW had at minimum 2-3 weeks to consider this rental maybe CWW wanted to ensure if LE went looking for rentals under the name CWW there wouldn't be a record. What sort of supports this is, they still wouldnt have rental insurance when they rented rental #2 so why didn't AW ask her sister (Mertz) to coordinate rental #2 as well?(they had a legit reason for trip to FL together)
AW first states the reason of rental return was "It was due to be back". Then a few minutes later when, again, asked the reason they returned car #1 she replies "We found one cheaper"(not because it was due back) AW/CWW knew when they returned rental # 1 they were departing the next day for FL so they easily could have called rental company and said they wanted to extend lease on car #1....but CWW wouldn't want the same white car appearing anywhere in FL maybe because maybe some potential witness had said "We saw a white car"
The way Lebid says that on May 1, the night before wedding, there was texting going on mentioning blindfolding in the text. I almost have to assume that would be MS texting TS. Could there be a menege' sex tape on MS phone?
I hadn't picked up on it until Beach mentioned it, but she never mentioned JR accompanying CWW on the trip. Maybe, in fact, AWW didn't know JR went on the trip but she did call/or text JR cell while CWW was in FL. It could have been CWW called and asked AW to text/call JR to create appearance CWW was in MO texting JR creating an alibi for both CWW/JR
A line i didnt understand was about the new shed. When Lebid asked about date of arrival of new shed AWW stated "We haven't even seen it yet". LE/SWAT came in hot awaking everyone in the (AW/CWW/(child) bed in their trailer. The shed was like 10' from front door. The first 56 minute interview (7:25a.m - 8:21a.m) July 12 at police station, then on same day, 70 minutes after interview #1 had concluded, they initiate brief interview #2 stating they would be looking in the cars and shed.

Thank you! Welcome to my island, I was feeling so lonely. lol

1. I had to stop somewhere and want to take a breather from all this but if you want to look - there is some conflicting stuff regarding their own car - the Kia. In someone's statement I'm pretty sure I read where their car was ready and they could have taken it on the 2nd trip. But they rented another one anyway. I'm really not clear on that because there may be conflicting statements about it.
  2. The shed. I didn't even pursue that. Needs to be done but I was afraid I would wander down a dark path with no lights and never find my way back.
  3. I don't know whose phone it showed up on but Lebid definitely knew the details about the sexcapades that night. We do know that by that time (July 12th) they had the contents of both Mark and Teresa's phones so I would assume it came from one of theirs.

You know what started me down this path? After all these months, I FINALLY LISTENED to the audio of Angie's interview. I had read the transcript but with all the other stuff I do here, I had never found time to stop and listen to many of the audios. The audio is a must hear. For me it was anyway. A game changer. Frankly, listening to her made my blood boil. Detective Lebid was nothing short of amazing while interrogating her. And then I started sleuthing.....and I ended up here.

Could the phone call to JR's from CWW' phone (besides tring to place CWW in MO), be attempt to frame JR? I mean, AW could've called anyone, right?

YOU WIN!!! :takeabow:

It is really just my interpretation. The passage "he wasn't going to get to see Mark" sounds to me like future tense. If she had said, "he wasn't able to see Mark", then that would be past tense.

That said, I concede my thoughts here are probably heavily influenced by ALL I have read the past week or so. So please, I totally understand if others interpret these passages differently. It has been a lot to digest. The most frustrating thing of all is I am finding it extremely hard to put in an order/context so others can see the big picture that is coming into focus for me. It's still blurry in places but it is becoming a lot clearer for me. It's like a 500,000 piece jigsaw puzzle and 75% of the teeny, tiny pieces are still face side down, but I've got the border started and a few corners filled in. Still, I can't describe well what I'm seeing and people not think I'm nutso. lol

Just one example: JR. It's a big deal to me that Angie never told anyone JR was going with Wayne on that trip. Angie talks a lot. She whines, fusses and complains a lot. She whined to others about Wayne going on this "vacation" while she had to stay home and work. Indicated she had only found out about the trip a day or two before (another lie - she had known for weeks). Common sense tells me she would have told her mother and probably others that Wayne had a buddy along for the trip. I can hear her fussing that he took a friend along to Florida while she had to stay home.:tantrum: But she didn't do that. I haven't be able to find a shred of evidence that she told another soul that Wayne wasn't alone on this trip. And we KNOW she knew that because she used Wayne's cell phone to call JR's phone knowing he was with Wayne. Also, Wayne is disabled with a bad back and fibromyalgia. That's a LONG drive to make (to and fro). Wouldn't she want to assure people that Wayne would have help in sharing the driving?.

And like everything else in this case, that leads down a whole other path. I believe without a doubt that JR was set up to be the patsy fall guy for Wayne. Mark had 2 fall guys - Wayne and JR. Wayne had JR. That was the reason Wayne never guided JR to prevent him from self-destructing - entering his email addy into the GPS, buying tee shirts, and on and on and on.... And then that phone call from Wayne's primary cell at 1:00p not only would place Wayne in MO but it would also place JR on the route home from FL. If anything went awry, JR was supposed to get caught. All paths were to lead directly back to JR.

So, Angie knew JR was on the trip but never told anyone. (disclaimer: that I have been able to locate) IOW, she knew she was supposed to keep her mouth shut about JR. WHY? If she didn't know anything in advance, why was JR going along for the trip such a big secret?

Oh, my head hurts. Seriously. My heart hurts too. And this whole thing pizzes me off all over again.

If the LE hadn't moved in so quickly, I'm betting... JR would've ended up dead.

Well I've never trusted that woman so this whole inconsistency thing is no surprise to me. But she should be in jail IMO.

I am in complete agreement with this. I think the trio of AW, CWW and MS were hoping to set JR up to take the fall for the whole deal. Maybe AW blames JR for her daughter's death and the whole plan was a set up? Perhaps the trio thought JR would go down for the murder and the rest of them would be living the good life in sunny southwest Florida? Smh

Please don't throw tomatoes, just putting out a theory. I don't know how close the two couples were, but if the women talked at all, AW would have known JRR was going to be CWW's travel buddy in advance. If not particularly close, she wouldn't necessarily have known unless cww had told her.

Devil's Advocate supposition that AW didn't know JRR was on the trip with hubs.

Maybe AW called JRR (not knowing he was with CWW) to ask if he'd heard anything from her husband.

When AW said that she couldn't believe her husband went on the trip alone, maybe &#8220;alone&#8221; meant without her/his wife.

AW said MS was the best man at her wedding.

The (Mertz) auto body shop rented the car for them the first time. Did she ever mention that Mertz is her sister?

Mark's wife "passed away". Wow.

Why did MS' brother call to notify of TS' death? That in itself, is beyond odd considering how close the two boys were. I would have thought the first thing MS would have done was to call his best friend/brother.

And fwiw, I don't believe JRR was being set up as a fall guy. He would have had nothing to lose by talking if he had been the only one to be arrested for murder.

I think she would have called or text Mark from Cww phone if she was originally on the conspiracy plan of making it look like Cww and Mark were nowhere in Florida on the night of the murder. Jmo.

It would definitely definitely definitely definitely had worked if CWW didn't tell anyone about going to Florida.

Plus Angie was originally mad which means she didn't originally know of Curtis actual plans when she did call JR.

Now Curtis probably just told her to contact me via JR if needed.

Now was Curtis that calculated to frame Jr ? Or was he that dumb as in the same way he advertised going to do work for Mark to the entire state of Missouri?

Jmo. Mark picked the right person for the murder. But the wrong person to get away with the murder from the gate.

Jmo.

What's most significant is the timing - this interview was conducted on July 12th. Angie was interviewed at 7:25am, immediately after the raid. She was interviewed BEFORE anyone else, including Wayne. They had just arrived home from FL the evening of the 10th, approximately 36 hours before the raid. They had spent the prior 9+ days in Florida, even staying 3 days after Teresa's funeral. As far as they knew, all was fine, LE wasn't on to them. They were even planning trips in the near future. As far as they were concerned, the future was bright.

Then BAM! The surprise raid. Immediately, Angie is persistently lying to Detective Lebid knowing he is conducting a murder investigation of the woman whose funeral they had just attended. WHY? If she didn't know anything, why is she lying? For that matter why was she lying to others (particularly her mother) and withholding information (JR) BEFORE Wayne returned from committing the murder? I'm convinced Angie knew a LOT, if not before, then certainly after she was in Florida.
<rsbm> Woah, the timing of her interview didn't even click with me 'till I read this post! Listening to it again with that in mind answers a lot of questions for me. Lebid is audibly shattered from what's obviously been an all-nighter in prep for the SWAT raid. Angie should've been shocked wide awake by the raid, yet stifles yawns throughout the interview while having the presence of mind to remember her script. I know yawning's not the biggest deal, but in the midst of one of the most important and traumatic times of her life? Maybe an insight to what she's all about.

She gets a bit tearful once, maybe twice, when she should be overwhelmingly angry, upset, but mainly confused by the raid and asking tons of questions. Not even once does she ask Lebid the first question that would enter any of our heads. 'Are you saying you think/have proof MrAng is involved in TS's murder'? Going into denial and a confusion meltdown then, would be understandable. She's actually quite calm in the face of that and lies from the start. With ease. Her remit from the off was to lie to protect 'her man', and plead the poor me card thinking LE would give her a pass for it.

I didn't think she was aware of the burner 'phones before, but I'm getting there. Her using Wright's 'phone at 1.09pm to call JR proves I gave her too little credit. It's obvious she's way more savvy (devious) than I first thought. One thing's sure, she most definitely knew Wright was going to the Sievers' (Lubinksi/Sullivan) whether it be to the office or Jarvis Rd.
That she knew JR was along with her husband and didn't utter a word about him to anyone (that we know of) points to her knowing something well dodgy was going down. Murder or Theft?

Makes me wonder if CWW told her he was 'caught red-handed' by Teresa and had no choice .....

She lies and lies and man, does she whine. At one point, she got *****y while denying and lying. Frankly, I'd want to smack her.

Why don't we get to see the video of this? The audio is enlightening to be sure, but I want to see her facial expressions and body language, too.

&#8220;He dated my mom's sister and my mom.&#8221;

If she didn't know her husband was going on a murder trip before he left, she CERTAINLY knew afterwards when he convinced her to lie for him to family and detectives regarding his whereabouts.

She doesn't know which banks her husband uses.

If I was being interviewed by LE and they were obviously not believing what I was telling them, I'd ask for a lie detector test to prove I knew nothing about anything. Screw my husband if he murdered an innocent woman, he'd be on his own.

Great husband. He has life insurance on himself with his mother as beneficiary, not his beloved, precious wife. But then, if the wife is happy living in a trailer and sponging off her parents while supporting a criminal loser of a husband, why should he worry about her?

It's annoying listening to her whine and lie and frankly, she's too big and too old to get away with trying to act breathy little girly.

Major, major respect to Det Lebid for his incredible patience.

omg: "My husband is an awesome man."

Hand that Detective a barf bag quick!

Since AW was using CWW' phone (she also called CWW' Son, to tell him CWW was ill and couldn't watch the children, IIRC) wouldn't she have seen the text message from JR at 6:43 am, asking CWW when he's going to pick him up, with CWW' reply of 7:30 am?

And CWW could have told JR prior to ever departing MO "Hey Bro, I left my cell at home, you may want to leave yours here at home. I have a burner we can use. Furthermore CWW possibly setting up JR

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back