Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how good or caring they were, and how loving and stable a home they provided, WT and his sister were still foster kids. Not even adopted. They were under their care but ultimately were in the custody of the state and technically could have been taken away at any time, I'm guessing that knowledge would have something to do with it. Not that it was 'easy come easy go', I don't doubt for a second it's been a hideous, horrifying, heartbreaking experience. But I think that it would lead to very different feelings than it being your own biological kids. Or even adopted children, who might not be your blood or known to you their whole lives but are your own children, not the state's.

I cannot agree with this, some children are born of the heart, not the body, children's services or the courts, etc.They might have been foster children for a year or 16 years, that doesn't change the feelings of a parent, well, many parents.
Sometimes and more often then we care to admit, birth parents don't care, have no innate love for their children, that's why some prefer drugs, alcohol etc and we are seeing so many babies killed at the hands of their families. Then they cry and blame others.

No matter how good or caring they were, and how loving and stable a home they provided, WT and his sister were still foster kids. Not even adopted. They were under their care but ultimately were in the custody of the state and technically could have been taken away at any time, I'm guessing that knowledge would have something to do with it. Not that it was 'easy come easy go', I don't doubt for a second it's been a hideous, horrifying, heartbreaking experience. But I think that it would lead to very different feelings than it being your own biological kids. Or even adopted children, who might not be your blood or known to you their whole lives but are your own children, not the state's.

Sorry I'm only new to this thread. Is it confirmed that WT & his sister were foster children?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just curious, has it ever been officially confirmed that william and his sister are foster children, ive read on fb and hints of it on msm but dont remember it actually being officially said?

Sorry I'm only new to this thread. Is it confirmed that WT & his sister were foster children?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It hasn't been what you would call "officially confirmed" but it was mentioned in MSM - if it wasn't we wouldn't be able to mention it here because of the rules.

I found this link really interesting from Richie on Youtube and probably other websleuthers have stumbled on it before... It's a 2GB interview from 2015 and at about the 13 minute mark, FM starts talking about trolls on social media. She seems almost threatening and says that they "know who they are, have the information they posted and that information is sitting with other people at the moment"... I dunno but it seems so odd to me for FM to be obsessed with public opinion and comments about the case. FD says that the public don't know the story behind the story and therefore pretty much don't have the right to comment. I just think it is the public's right to comment and ask questions when a child who is in the care of the state goes missing without a trace. There's something seriously wrong when people are being threatened with court and possibly even being taken to court over releasing such information when the largest ever reward of tax payer's money is on offer..

[video=youtube;UmVi7aaUv1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmVi7aaUv1Y[/video]

I found this link really interesting from Richie on Youtube and probably other websleuthers have stumbled on it before... It's a 2GB interview from 2015 and at about the 13 minute mark, FM starts talking about trolls on social media. She seems almost threatening and says that they "know who they are, have the information they posted and that information is sitting with other people at the moment"... I dunno but it seems so odd to me for FM to be obsessed with public opinion and comments about the case. FD says that the public don't know the story behind the story and therefore pretty much don't have the right to comment. I just think it is the public's right to comment and ask questions when a child who is in the care of the state goes missing without a trace. There's something seriously wrong when people are being threatened with court and possibly even being taken to court over releasing such information when the largest ever reward of tax payer's money is on offer..

I'd be obsessed as well if people were accusing me of what some people are accusing the FF of on SM.

If people are breaking the law, which some are, they should be taken to court.

karinna, im so sorry for your loss, i hope your life is now filled with love and joy and peace every day

Thankyou bearbear. It hasn't been an easy road for sure, but i know it's only time that separates me from all my loved ones that have gone on ahead of me, so i'm good. I still have two precious young adult sons to be here for, so i hope i can be here for as long as they need me to be. Hope i get to be a grandma one day too, :)

I cannot agree with this, some children are born of the heart, not the body, children's services or the courts, etc.They might have been foster children for a year or 16 years, that doesn't change the feelings of a parent, well, many parents.
Sometimes and more often then we care to admit, birth parents don't care, have no innate love for their children, that's why some prefer drugs, alcohol etc and we are seeing so many babies killed at the hands of their families. Then they cry and blame others.

I think it would be very difficult being a foster parent, and you fall in love with those precious children and then they have to be returned one day. I don't know how people do it really?

Yes agree, no one should be threatening anyone's right to freedom of Speech IMO. I'm sure Australia has libel laws if someone is acting outside those laws.

I also think we need to remember not all Foster parents are good either. Not insinuating about WT's FP's but lots of fostered children end up in worse situations than they should and are also abused and murdered. Look at Tialeigh Palmer :(

just curious, has it ever been officially confirmed that william and his sister are foster children, ive read on fb and hints of it on msm but dont remember it actually being officially said?

References in a couple of early MSM reports about FaCS involvement hinted at it, and the continued reference to his 'complicated family background'.

Sadly (for us) they made their pages private, but in the earliest stages the FD's FB and other social media were wide open and it was easily verifiable from his own page that they were indeed foster children.

Um yes, I did say it would be heartbreaking. But the question was not 'is it possible that a foster mother could love a foster child as much as a bio', it was a question wondering about WT's specific FM and her reaction to WT's being missing. I offered a possible reason for that. Just as it's possible some foster parents might truly feel exactly for a foster kid what they'd feel for their bio kids, I'd say it's far more common that they do not feel that way. Many foster kids are treated terribly by foster parents who see them as little more than cash in hand (as a PP said, see Tiahleigh Palmer). I'd say most foster parents are probably somewhere along that spectrum.

Very much agree with you, Karo.

I don't believe that William's FP have any other children, and as such may have tried and tried, and waited for some years before they could have children 'of their own'. They certainly seemed to pour so much love and energy into their children, from the photos and videos that we have seen. As much as, if not more than, most biological parents do.

I think William and his sister were very wanted by them, and loved, and nurtured, and filled up their hearts.

I'm not sure how people can analyse every word that these grief stricken parents say. Seeking out differences and nuances from what they 'expect' a grief stricken parent to say or do. There is no template for grief and loss that is as terrible as this kind.

There are 5 stages of grief .... denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance .... I am sure they have been through and are going through each and every one of those steps.

Hear hear, SA.

:goodpost:

I don't believe that William's FP have any other children, and as such may have tried and tried, and waited for some years before they could have children 'of their own'. They certainly seemed to pour so much love and energy into their children, from the photos and videos that we have seen. As much as, if not more than, most biological parents do.

I think William and his sister were very wanted by them, and loved, and nurtured, and filled up their hearts.

I'm not sure how people can analyse every word that these grief stricken parents say. Seeking out differences and nuances from what they 'expect' a grief stricken parent to say or do. There is no template for grief and loss that is as terrible as this kind.

There are 5 stages of grief .... denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance .... I am sure they have been through and are going through each and every one of those steps.

I have read ages ago they have adult children, but don't know where that came from? But regardless i'm sure WT and his sis. were wanted and loved. I think with this being a high profile case and all over the media & SM there is bound to be a lot of differing opinions and it just goes with the territory unfortunately when a child has gone missing. And William is the victim in this case.
I also mentioned upthread of how grief would probably be compounded in this missing child case not knowing if WT is deceased or not? There has been no sign that he died so who knows what happened to him? And police have alluded to him still being alive?

I have read ages ago they have adult children, but don't know where that came from? But regardless i'm sure WT and his sis. were wanted and loved. I think with this being a high profile case and all over the media & SM there is bound to be a lot of differing opinions and it just goes with the territory unfortunately when a child has gone missing. And William is the victim in this case.
I also mentioned upthread of how grief would probably be compounded in this missing child case not knowing if WT is deceased or not? There has been no sign that he died so who knows what happened to him? And police have alluded to him still being alive?

I don't believe that Det Jubelin believes that William is still alive. Just that in the absence of any proof otherwise, they will continue as if he is.

Jubelin tells us guilt is eating away at William’s parents. What should they do with their son’s room? Should they pack it up? But would that mean they’ve abandoned him? They need to get on with their lives, but does getting on with their lives mean they’ve forgotten him?
In terms of grieving, it would perhaps be better if they had a body and they knew he was dead, the detective says. “But they can’t bear to say he’s dead, because that would mean giving up hope.” And at this point, hope is all they have.

“The worst case is not that a body is found,” Jubelin says. “The worst case is that a body is never found.”

How could toddler William Tyrrell simply vanish into thin air?
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

Jubelin has gone for 20+ years through the Bowraville murders, remaining close to all of the families, and has lived with the distress that not being able to find the remains of Colleen Walker-Craig has caused her family.

How long has it been since we had an actual official update/story on this case? Not including the find William posts on the official page which appear quite regularly.

I hate how quiet this thread is now but I guess we don't have much more we can discuss without going over the same things over and over again?

wasnt it today, 20th march, that the ban on media reporting of bs current court appearances is lifted? cant remember who, but someone here contacted a journo who informed that after 20th the judge would lift the ban or review it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong