In Case You Missed It. . .2012 is a Great Year for the Truth in the JBR case

We'll never know what would have happened if French had actually figured out how to open the wineceller door. If she was originally further back into the darker recesses of that L-shaped room, he may not have seen her, just as FW didn't see her when he looked around that same time. There has long been speculation that JR may have snuck back down and moved her body closer to the doorway after realizing that no one else was going to find her.
And I disagree that the Rs wouldn't have claimed she'd been killed in retaliation for calling police, even if French had found her. They could still have said it- it wouldn't be any less plausible than any other time.
Their plan for finding her or having her delivered to the house dead do not make sense when we try to be logical about it, but in the adrenalin -filled moment of that horrible night, who knows what they though would be believed? After all, they expected it to be believed that kidnappers came into the house with NO forced entry at a time when the parents were home and likely to still be up and about (midnight on Christmas Day is not an unusual time for busy parents to still be up). They expected to be believed that this intruder(s) took JB from her room with her brother right down the hall, fed her pineapple as they sat nearby, molested her, made her scream and didn't worry about whether the parents would hear it, bashed her on the head, took her to the basement, made the garrote, strangled her, changed her panties, coincidentally finding the blanket from her very own bed in the basement dryer to wrap her in (why?) and took the time to write a 3-page ransom note in Patsy's handwriting and linguistics, and that it was all done (in perfect American English) by some foreigners (affiliation unknown and unsaid) who then climbed UP a wall out a window, while not breaking a spider web on the heavy metal grate, which they then put back in place without being heard or seen. All the while while the parents were not only home, but very likely awake.
So....any story they would have tried to tell about how she was returned to them seems less unbelievable than what I have just said.
They might have said someone rang the bell and when they opened the door there she was. Again, we'll never know.
Actually, they have never said that they thought JB was killed by people who had a problem with JR's business. They have only said it was an "inside job". Actually, that part is the truth. It was.
The problem with the RN is that it tries to throw the blame in so many different directions that it fails to make ANY of it seem plausible.
As for whether they though the house would be watched by police (I assume)- they may NOT have thought about it. They would have thought that since she was kidnapped, police would be turning their investigations AWAY from the home.

DeeDee249,
Speculation about the contents of the RN is pointless. The purpose of the RN and the Abduction Scenario was to simply buy the R's time, enough to fly out Colardo, interstate. To evade the justice they assumed would arrive once JonBenet was discovered, and they had no illusions about this, they expected her to be found, the best they could hope for was time enough for the house as a crime-scene to be trashed and them to arrange a flight out of Boulder.

They were intent on leaving Colorado ASAP, if necessary without reporting any return of JonBenet's body.

If JonBenet had been found dead say in her own bed, staged as the victim of an intruder, all the R's would have arrested on the spot!

So the purpose of the wine-cellar is to purchase time and to act as a spoiler as regards forensic evidence, the R's like you or me could not predict the future, so they never realized it would have to be JR who would discover JonBenet, and not a member of the police. In the end due to the ineptitude of the police and the legal steps taken by Team Ramsey, they never had to face a court of law.

Tuesday is the day when you will know everything.

Trust me it is worth the wait.

I just read this on the main page:

JOIN US ON WEDNESDAY JULY 18TH FOR A VERY SPECIAL WEBSLEUTHS RADIO. FINALLY THE DEEP DOWN TRUTH ABOUT THE JONBENET RAMSEY CASE. THIS WILL BLOW THE LID OFF THE INVESTIGATION AND SHOW THE WORLD HOW THE MEDIA HAS BEEN MANIPULATED IN THE JONBENET RAMSEY CASE.

then came here to find out we will be in the know Tuesday July 17...dun...dun...dun!!

I just read this on the main page:

JOIN US ON WEDNESDAY JULY 18TH FOR A VERY SPECIAL WEBSLEUTHS RADIO. FINALLY THE DEEP DOWN TRUTH ABOUT THE JONBENET RAMSEY CASE. THIS WILL BLOW THE LID OFF THE INVESTIGATION AND SHOW THE WORLD HOW THE MEDIA HAS BEEN MANIPULATED IN THE JONBENET RAMSEY CASE.

then came here to find out we will be in the know Tuesday July 17...dun...dun...dun!!

Yes you will know Tuesday and on Wednesday I'll have the radio show. Just can't tell you any more than that.

I'M SO EXCITED. OMG . . .

DeeDee249,
Speculation about the contents of the RN is pointless. The purpose of the RN and the Abduction Scenario was to simply buy the R's time, enough to fly out Colardo, interstate. To evade the justice they assumed would arrive once JonBenet was discovered, and they had no illusions about this, they expected her to be found, the best they could hope for was time enough for the house as a crime-scene to be trashed and them to arrange a flight out of Boulder.

They were intent on leaving Colorado ASAP, if necessary without reporting any return of JonBenet's body.

If JonBenet had been found dead say in her own bed, staged as the victim of an intruder, all the R's would have arrested on the spot!

So the purpose of the wine-cellar is to purchase time and to act as a spoiler as regards forensic evidence, the R's like you or me could not predict the future, so they never realized it would have to be JR who would discover JonBenet, and not a member of the police. In the end due to the ineptitude of the police and the legal steps taken by Team Ramsey, they never had to face a court of law.

The Rs alleged flight out of the country is also speculation. There is no proof they were planning to go into hiding.- on the contrary, they were VERY public with the televised funeral and TV appearances. JR WAS allegedly overheard telling his pilot to prepare for a flight to Atlanta when LE informed him he was not allowed to leave. Could he have been planning to leave the country? Possibly, but not that day. He would have waited till his remaining family (Patsy, BR and himself) were in Atlanta and after JB was buried. Would Patsy have left her parents and sisters? Doubt it. Doubt they'd have fled the country. Didn't need to, really. Their lawyers have kept them safe from prosecution, aided by the corrupt DA (then and now) so there was really no need to flee anywhere.
People with that much money and powerful friends can flee when they want to. They don't usually run for public office in the country they plan to leave. as JR did.

What is the general consensus among the group about what this new info could be?

We'll never know what would have happened if French had actually figured out how to open the wineceller door. If she was originally further back into the darker recesses of that L-shaped room, he may not have seen her, just as FW didn't see her when he looked around that same time. There has long been speculation that JR may have snuck back down and moved her body closer to the doorway after realizing that no one else was going to find her.
And I disagree that the Rs wouldn't have claimed she'd been killed in retaliation for calling police, even if French had found her. They could still have said it- it wouldn't be any less plausible than any other time.
Their plan for finding her or having her delivered to the house dead do not make sense when we try to be logical about it, but in the adrenalin -filled moment of that horrible night, who knows what they though would be believed? After all, they expected it to be believed that kidnappers came into the house with NO forced entry at a time when the parents were home and likely to still be up and about (midnight on Christmas Day is not an unusual time for busy parents to still be up). They expected to be believed that this intruder(s) took JB from her room with her brother right down the hall, fed her pineapple as they sat nearby, molested her, made her scream and didn't worry about whether the parents would hear it, bashed her on the head, took her to the basement, made the garrote, strangled her, changed her panties, coincidentally finding the blanket from her very own bed in the basement dryer to wrap her in (why?) and took the time to write a 3-page ransom note in Patsy's handwriting and linguistics, and that it was all done (in perfect American English) by some foreigners (affiliation unknown and unsaid) who then climbed UP a wall out a window, while not breaking a spider web on the heavy metal grate, which they then put back in place without being heard or seen. All the while while the parents were not only home, but very likely awake.
So....any story they would have tried to tell about how she was returned to them seems less unbelievable than what I have just said.
They might have said someone rang the bell and when they opened the door there she was. Again, we'll never know.
Actually, they have never said that they thought JB was killed by people who had a problem with JR's business. They have only said it was an "inside job". Actually, that part is the truth. It was.
The problem with the RN is that it tries to throw the blame in so many different directions that it fails to make ANY of it seem plausible.
As for whether they though the house would be watched by police (I assume)- they may NOT have thought about it. They would have thought that since she was kidnapped, police would be turning their investigations AWAY from the home.

It would be more plausible if the police had left and they moved the body to say outside the back door. To say she was killed in retaliation for calling police/friends at 6am -then have the body found at say 6:20 -that's a lie even the Rs couldn't get away with. I doubt even Alex Hunter would buy that story. (Mary Lacy, yes).

That leads me to wonder if the Rs actually thought the police would leave after the ransom call failed to come in. Then the plan was to move the body and make another call to the police? The second call would inform police that the body had been dumped on the front door/back door/garage door, whatever. Just speculation, but even the Rs are bound by some minimally plausible scenario. Finding her body 20 or 30 minutes after the 911 call and claiming the kidnappers not only killed her in retaliation for calling the police, but managed to sneak the body back into the house and down to the WC while the police were present is a whopper not even the Rs could tell. Just makes no sense at all. Not even minimally.

They might have said someone rang the bell and when they opened the door there she was.
But this is only possible if the cops had left the premises. If officer French had found her at say 6:15 in the wine cellar, they couldn't claim she'd been dumped on the front stoop.

If the RN wording relating to killing her in retaliation for calling police was meant to explain her death, there would have had to be the expectation, or at least the hope, that police would leave the Rs alone after a few hours.

My speculation is that this was part of the plan, but was abandoned after it became obvious police were never going to leave. As far as I'm aware the Rs never did try to claim she was killed in retaliation for calling the cops. They simply hoped that everyone would believe the intruder did it - leading to the absurd "kidnapping gone bad" scenario.

Why in the hell the Rs were not arrested I will never know.

Yes you will know Tuesday and on Wednesday I'll have the radio show. Just can't tell you any more than that.

I'M SO EXCITED. OMG . . .

I assume there will be a link to the show? I will not be able to listen to it "live". I'll have to listen later.

DeeDee249,

If I have the time line straight in my head, the phone conversation in which JR asks his pilot to ready the plane to go to Atlanta happens about 1/2 hour after the body is "found".

So one question is this - was the trip part of the overall plan, prior to the 911 call? Or was it developed later ?

Flying to another state, as their final destination, would have been useless as any state would extradite them.

Many other countries would also have extradited, though some would refuse due to CO having the death penalty. Perhaps some agreement to waive the DP would have gotten them extradited. They did not enjoy French citizenship, so could not count on that as Roman Polanski did.

Really there was nowhere to run. Yet, it's the case that JR tried to arrange a flight. I think it was an ad hoc plan, formulated after "finding" the body. A half hour later he found himself still in his own home, still not in handcuffs, still not under arrest, still not having been read his Miranda rights .... this must have been the biggest shock of the day. When he realized he wasn't going to be arrested -at least not that day, he may have reasoned Atlanta would buy everyone a few days to get their story straight, get the lawyers working, and avoid be questioned "downtown" where someone might breakdown and tell all.

In preparation for tuesday I ask, why 16 years later? And more importantly....
Will this require a response from the Ramsey Team or John Ramsey?

Thanks for the day. What time Tuesday? Midnight or when people wake up?

I don't know. I will let you know as soon as possible.

In preparation for tuesday I ask, why 16 years later? And more importantly....
Will this require a response from the Ramsey Team or John Ramsey?

All your questions will be answered soon. :)

I will be looking forward to it Tricia.

sounds good.too good to be true cause we've been always disappointed when it comes to this case.something new is always welcomed :woohoo: and i can't wait.ALL i hope it's not something coming from ST,C.Wong or just another book.hope it's the real thing this time.

What is the general consensus among the group about what this new info could be?

I've followed the case from the beginning, and JBR is the reason I am still on a crime forum all these years later.

IMO, the new info could have something to do with what the pilot knew or saw, or both. I personally have always thought that little JonBenet's body WAS going to be removed from the death house, but something happened and the game plan had to be drastically altered.
MAYBE either Melinda or John Andrew finally breaking their silences on exactly what they were told re: the MI fly- in on Christmas and when it all changed..
There are SO MANY things it could be!!
So many lies, deep down secrets going back to JonBenet's grandmother, Nedra Paugh.. That woman KNEW what happened and how and why!! ( She and I had the same doctor and he was not above talking to me in very concerned ways once she had passed away.. He believed she knew everything about the murder). Remember Nedra's casual statement that JonBenet was " a little molested"?

There is also the possibility that the money/ power/ influence Ramsey trails to those who used to be in high positions of power in CO are being exposed in concrete ways. This is over-simplification in a way, but the original CO Ramsey legal team ( Haddon and associates) had deep roots in the governor's office.

Or it could have to do with Lou Smitt, his presence in the investigation and access to the case files for BPD, then being hired to cover up, er, work for the Ramseys..

My gosh, there are SO many things that are SO wrong in this case. I really don't know which one the lid has blown off!!!

I just hope for answers, no matter where it takes us. If we find out the Ramseys were covering for someone they, or one of the two, loved very much ( and I don't mean Burke), then so be it. I just want the TRUTH!!

How about Beth Holloway Witty (whatever) doing a special on her new television show? I'm not requesting that be done just saying that's a guess as to the lid being blown off.

Just you all know, it's nearly 2pm tuesday and still nothing.
Yes, I'm tormenting you :p

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back