Investigation Discovery's "Disappeared" Cancelled

:stormingmad::stormingmad:NO! NO! NOOO!
:crying:
This is such a crap decision on their part ... It seems all their recent shows have become totally ridiculous and some being downright disrespectful (notably, the narration of a choice few shows, amped up overplayed sexual innuendos, Susan Lucci, et al). I mean "Elder Skelter"? For serious?! Come on ID .. That's just stupid.

Absolutely loved this show for many different reasons. What a shame...hopefully some other network can pick it up? Or at least do a similar program covering missing persons?
:stormingmad:
Sent via my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. They're losing me with all the filmmaking tricks and amped up overplayed sexual innuendos with the fluttering female arousal voice soundtracks. Seems like overkill to me. Every week there is a new show with a new name too. I think they are just turning out these shows like a factory and they are using the same filmmakers and editors. I'm getting tired of that same style applied to all their shows.

I liked Disappeared. I think they are making a mistake dropping it. It was a quality show. Investigation Discovery channel is getting sloppy and old (as in . . I can tell these productions are rushed), IMO.

I agree. They're losing me with all the filmmaking tricks and amped up overplayed sexual innuendos with the fluttering female arousal voice soundtracks. Seems like overkill to me. Every week there is a new show with a new name too. I think they are just turning out these shows like a factory and they are using the same filmmakers and editors. I'm getting tired of that same style applied to all their shows.

I liked Disappeared. I think they are making a mistake dropping it. It was a quality show. Investigation Discovery channel is getting sloppy and old (as in . . I can tell these productions are rushed), IMO.

Couldn't agree more. I used to watch ID all the time. Now I rarely watch it. :(

I just looked on the ID website, and saw that a show called Last Seen Alive premieres in the beginning of June. The production looks about the same as Disappeared, and has the new format, so it may be getting a name change.

Edit: Just googled, and it does look like its the same. Here's the press release. At the bottom is a link to the Disappeared Facebook page

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...day-june-1-on-investigation-discovery/264036/

Sounds like a name & format change - Disappeared added a trailer. Yesterday

Disappeared FB page- Missing in Maui: A Disappeared Special premieres May 26 at 10/9c. posted yesterday as a reply to the above post

Disappeared After five seasons of presenting missing persons cases that have already been investigated, Peacock Productions is about to launch a new season of DISAPPEARED that will delve into fresh cases. Airing on Investigation Discovery, the stories will be just as gripping as in previous seasons, but there will be a different feel to this new incarnation of the series. Our production team will be embedded with families just weeks after their loved one has gone missing and will document the raw emotion that unfolds as friends and relatives desperately try to make sense of the deeply troubling set of circumstances they suddenly face. Private Investigator Gary Micco will join the team and help families take action to try to find their missing loved one as well as explain to them the steps law enforcement is taking. The series will issue a call to action to viewers in the hopes that they can possibly provide information that could move the case forward.
Air Dates

May 26th, 2014 at 10 PM ET on Investigation Discovery

Well, well, well....it feels so go to be so right!! Disappeared is NOT cancelled. As a matter o fact, they're filming an episode now. Here's a link to the confirmation that Disappeared isn't in fact cancelled... http://www.peacockproductions.tv/series/disappeared/

Yay!!!!!!!!:loveyou:

" Airing on Investigation Discovery, the stories will be just as gripping as in previous seasons, but there will be a different feel to this new incarnation of the series. Our production team will be embedded with families just weeks after their loved one has gone missing and will document the raw emotion that unfolds as friends and relatives desperately try to make sense of the deeply troubling set of circumstances they suddenly face. Private Investigator Gary Micco will join the team and help families take action to try to find their missing loved one as well as explain to them the steps law enforcement is taking. The series will issue a call to action to viewers in the hopes that they can possibly provide information that could move the case forward.

Air Dates

May 26th, 2014 at 10 PM ET on Investigation Discovery"

eta: I see Roselvr posted the same quote above

I became aware of so many cases thanks to that show it's not even funny.

I first learned of the McStays and the Jamisons thanks to it.

Is there anyone from ID on here that could give us some sort of explanation as to what happened? I know some of the networks check in for stories.

I think every season of "Disappeared" is on Netflix now. I still go back and watch them.

Speaking of ID shows, now we have "Elder Skelter," a show about old people who kill. :/

All seasons, 1-5, but not Season 6 (available on google play/youtube, etc for 1.99 per episode).

Disappeared was the best show on ID. I really enjoyed it. From the featured cases, the production, the music, the narration, the story line, etc. Really compelling tv. I wish they wouldn't have changed a thing. The only thing that would be nice if there were happy endings to some of the cases or at least closure.

I really liked the opening music and lead in to the start of the show. Very eerie music that fit the theme.

Watched Last Seen Alive recently. Didn't care for. Seemed more sensational and misleading than factual events.

There's a new episode on 8/31. From the description, it seems like it will be the like the Missing in Maui episode, not the other episodes.

Hope it's not just a special, and that the classic style come back.

Did the * new * episode air ? Bc my Dvr did not pick it up . Must be called something else ??
TT

Am I the only one who can no longer find Disappeared on Netflix?? I just watched it on there last night and now cannot find it. If it was taken off I will be so upset!

I used to watch ID religiously, but their programming has gone downhill fast, IMO. "Disappeared" was my favorite show. New seasons typically started in the fall, so I was suspicious when there were no promos for it. :(

Well, they have pretty stringent requirements for what cases they take and of course some family members and/or friends have to agree to participate. It is truly my favorite ID show, but I enjoy many shows on ID, regardless.

:stormingmad::stormingmad:NO! NO! NOOO!
:crying:
This is such a crap decision on their part ... It seems all their recent shows have become totally ridiculous and some being downright disrespectful (notably, the narration of a choice few shows, amped up overplayed sexual innuendos, Susan Lucci, et al). I mean "Elder Skelter"? For serious?! Come on ID .. That's just stupid.

Absolutely loved this show for many different reasons. What a shame...hopefully some other network can pick it up? Or at least do a similar program covering missing persons?
:stormingmad:

Sent via my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just because the show has a funny name did not mean the stories were not just as good as the other shows I like.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3bell4010066bppts
Back