Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the point in speculating all of the horrible things he could possibly have done to the body, until some actual information about it is released. I know the rumours are flying, but until some more information is released I don't see the point in adding to them. JMO.
If you go back, you speculated first that the charge was just because of the dumping of the body.

My response was just that... a response to your initial speculation.

Crime forum. Expect details about murder, when discussing murder.

FireShot Capture 7 - Found Deceased Canada - Hail_ - http___www.websleuths.com_forums_showthread.png

From this screen capture from a video, it looks like two gas cans just to the left of the blue tent.

Source

Please don't let's get tihs thread locked for sleuthing family members! Pretty please!

attachment.php

From this screen capture from a video, it looks like two gas cans just to the left of the blue tent.

Source

Good eye- those definitely look like Jerry cans...

There are 2 different surname spellings in this area and they are known to each other. The pof link provided is not a relative of the accused. it is a different spelling.

Probably best to leave it alone as I imagine many people are confusing the 2 families. Including the media.

<modsnip>

I agree with you and I am wondering why so much emphasis is being put on her answer. Where they went to high school doesn't have very much to do with what is happening now.

I also don't understand why people aren't questioning the suspects motive for the crime and are more focusing on mother's interview. If he was charged with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, then he went to DB's house with intentions to kill both individuals, according to the law. I am not understanding any possible motive to kill the child unless he was a sexual predator. Am I wrong?

Yes it sounds like she dropped out as a teen since she is now completing her education as a mature student. Terry was older and had been done school for years before meeting her. Maybe he hadn't always lived in Blairmore and attended different schools. Maybe he never finished either. I really don't think it's THAT crazy for her not to know where he went.

And the cops would be watching all of them like Hawks right now, she wouldn't lie about something that minor without drawing a lot of attention to herself. So I really think people need to start picking and choosing what things they are going to tear into CD for, because this is incredibly
Insignificant.

She can't win right now, all because she knew this person years ago. If she hadn't addressed the media, people would be speculating why. She did address the media, people are speculating why she wasn't MORE distraught. If she had been sobbing and a complete wreck, people would speculate she is acting or faking it. Guilty until proven innocent, apparently. *smh*

I would like to welcome all of our new members from Canada. If you have any questions please email us at websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Our good friend and journalist Levi Page will join me tonight just a few minutes past 9:00 PM EASTERN on True Crime Radio.

Chatroom opens at 8:30 PM EASTERN www.truecrimeradio.com/chat

Remember when you go to www.truecrimeradio.com at a few minutes past 9 PM Eastern click on the "Listen Now" tab at the top of the page. That takes you to the live show on iHeartRadio.com

We'll discuss the Hailey's case among others.

Tricia

Everyone in town must have known which van as soon as the description was announced. The big break in the case came when someone/someone's surveillance camera saw it.

There is so much about this case that makes little sense. But, all that aside; why on earth would you drive a van with an orange flag hanging off the back to commit a murder?

Idiots like this almost make it too easy.

I agree with you and I am wondering why so much emphasis is being put on her answer. Where they went to high school doesn't have very much to do with what is happening now.

I also don't understand why people aren't questioning the suspects motive for the crime and are more focusing on mother's interview. If he was charged with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, then he went to DB's house with intentions to kill both individuals, according to the law. I am not understanding any possible motive to kill the child unless he was a sexual predator. Am I wrong?

that's a key question... I've seen speculation that it might have been over drugs etc... but it's anyone's guess right now

im not saying it isnt horrible. i think it is likely that charge gets added to ensure there is a conviction in case the murder charge is shakey.
There is probably a bit of plea strategy behind some of it, but inevitably the charges have to be justified, and can likely cause the crown some issues should they be completely unjustified.

My first thought was drug deal gone bad and the child was an afterthought. However, that would have most likely resulted in a 2nd or maybe even 3rd degree murder charge, not 1st. He dumped the body but without a great deal of effort to conceal the location which also made me think it wasn't intentional - but the 1st degree murder charge is baffling me.

This does have similarities to the O'Brien case and likely no answers until after the trial.

that's a key question... I've seen speculation that it might have been over drugs etc... but it's anyone's guess right now

It can also be 1st degree if the murder is committed in the act of kidnapping, forcible confinement, or sexual assault.

Perhaps there is evidence of one or more.

A planned act is also possible.

There was a picture (I'll have to remember where I saw it and look for it) that showed the side of DS's white van and the back of an RCMP investigation-type-van. The back door of the RCMP van was open. It looked like there was a propane tank sitting in there near the door. Not sure if it means anything. Maybe it is normal to carry gas tanks around in these types of vans. It just seemed odd at the
time.

ETA: Found the pic.

11145210_1181318568548824_9206604486772173042_n.jpg

If you look through the front window of DS's van you can see the propane tank in the RCMP van.
Anyone know why it's there/what it's used for?

ETA again: Just realized that isn't DS's van but the picture is from the search.

There is so much about this case that makes little sense. But, all that aside; why on earth would you drive a van with an orange flag hanging off the back to commit a murder?

I know, fortunately he didn't even think to remove the flag. Not to be facetious, though, it may reflect the suspect's mental illness and therefore inability to think clearly.

Hi matou, here we are again. Another horrific case.

If you believe she was raped, don't you think they would have charged him with sexual assault. Rafferty got charged with kidnapping, sexual assault, and first-degree murder of Tori Stafford.

ETA: hmmmm Saretzky wasn't charged with kidnapping???

Is it possible that Saretsky made a deal with LE? Lead us to Hailey's remains and we will not charge you with sexual assault or some other charges?

I know, fortunately didn't even think to remove the flag. Not to be facetious, though, it may reflect the suspect's mental illness and therefore inability to think clearly.
Yes, especially in a small town where everyone knows each other. He didn't even try to park it in the back. He parked right in front of the house.

Idiots like this almost make it too easy.

With the drycleaning business information posted on it as well. His parents must be so thrilled.

Edit: Whoops...it's my first post and I meant to reply to the questions about statutory rape in Canada.

From the Canadian Department of Justice website:
The age of consent for sexual activity is 16 years. It was raised from 14 years on May 1, 2008 by the Tackling Violent Crime Act.

However, the age of consent is 18 years where the sexual activity "exploits" the young person -- when it involves prostitution, *advertiser censored* or occurs in a relationship of authority, trust or dependency (e.g., with a teacher, coach or babysitter). Sexual activity can also be considered exploitative based on the nature and circumstances of the relationship, e.g., the young person's age, the age difference between the young person and their partner, how the relationship developed (quickly, secretly, or over the Internet) and how the partner may have controlled or influenced the young person.

The Criminal Code provides "close in age" or "peer group" exceptions.

For example, a 14 or 15 year old can consent to sexual activity with a partner as long as the partner is less than five years older and there is no relationship of trust, authority or dependency or any other exploitation of the young person. This means that if the partner is 5 years or older than the 14 or 15 year old, any sexual activity will be considered a criminal offence unless it occurs after they are married to each other (in accordance with the "solemnization" of marriage requirements that are established in each province and territory, governing how and when a marriage can be performed, including the minimum age at which someone may marry).

There is also a "close-in-age" exception for 12 and 13 year olds: a 12 or 13 year old can consent to sexual activity with another young person who is less than two years older and with whom there is no relationship of trust, authority or dependency or other exploitation of the young person.

Found here:
http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/other-autre/clp/faq.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads