Playing Politics

BBB167893

Former Member
Reaction score
Hi, folks.

I realize that this past week's elections might not seem to have much bearing on this case, but maybe they do. It helps to remember that it's politics that are largely responsible for this case being in the rotten shape it's in, so maybe it does some good to see what kind of effect the new guys might have.

1) Stan Garnett has become very active on this case in recent months. Was it all just posturing for voters?

2) Will the new governor do anything? And if so, make it better or worse?

Incidentally, the new man's a Democrat. I realize that Bill Owens, a Republican, caught a lot of heat for his statements about the Rs, but that turned out to be all talk, no action.

Is the governor normally "involved" in murder cases? As in making statements directly about the crime? Did the governor of Florida ever say anything about Caylee's case? Or the governor of California about Danielle Van Dam and Samantha Runnion? Is it because of how massive JonBenet's case was?

I've always found the whole politics, connections, etc part of the case pretty fascinating.

One question: Does the governor have the power to appoint a Special Prosecutor?

Is the governor normally "involved" in murder cases? As in making statements directly about the crime? Did the governor of Florida ever say anything about Caylee's case? Or the governor of California about Danielle Van Dam and Samantha Runnion?

No, on all counts.

Is it because of how massive JonBenet's case was?

That's right, because it was an embarrassment to the state.

I've always found the whole politics, connections, etc part of the case pretty fascinating.

They are crucial, in my opinion.

Yes. That is within his power.

Thanks, Dave. All I have to say to this is the governor of Colorado made a HUGE mistake. He should have set aside all his "supporters" and supported one little six year old girl. At least then he could have left office with a little pride and a lot of dignity, knowing he did the right thing!

Thanks, Dave. All I have to say to this is the governor of Colorado made a HUGE mistake. He should have set aside all his "supporters" and supported one little six year old girl. At least then he could have left office with a little pride and a lot of dignity, knowing he did the right thing!

Leaving office having done the right thing isn't very common in CO politics. You're right, of course.

Haven't heard anything new going on in the JBR case since the elections are over. Stan Garnett lost his bid for State Attorney General, won't have to run for DA in Boulder again for another couple of years, guess we will have another dry spell until it serves another political purpose.

Haven't heard anything new going on in the JBR case since the elections are over. Stan Garnett lost his bid for State Attorney General, won't have to run for DA in Boulder again for another couple of years, guess we will have another dry spell until it serves another political purpose.
It may also be because some of Lin Wood’s statements that followed the BR press were quite threatening with respect to litigation. (In other words, an average day for Lin Wood.)

It may also be because some of Lin Wood’s statements that followed the BR press were quite threatening with respect to litigation. (In other words, an average day for Lin Wood.)

:praying: This is me praying that SG will not be intimidated by LW or any of the other RST!

Hi, folks.

I realize that this past week's elections might not seem to have much bearing on this case, but maybe they do. It helps to remember that it's politics that are largely responsible for this case being in the rotten shape it's in, so maybe it does some good to see what kind of effect the new guys might have.

1) Stan Garnett has become very active on this case in recent months. Was it all just posturing for voters?

yuk yes
active?it's only TALK.

2) Will the new governor do anything? And if so, make it better or worse?

no

you know,at least M.Lacy didn't care about how people were feeling or what they were saying about what she did and how she did it,she was on a personal mission and didn't let anyone stay in her way.But this new DA....IMO he USES Jonbenet and what happened to her and that's even more disgusting if you ask me.

He keeps talking about this case and that's the only thing that happened so far...talk talk talk.....
but did anything acutally change?nope.officers leaving their business card and JR&co ignoring it,whats new about that.

I remember something you said once SD,this case is like a virus to them and they are afraid to touch it.there is nobody in Boulder who has the guts nor the cohones to deal with this case,to make PROGRESS.there will always be only excuses and propaganda.it's too late and too many things happened that made it every time worse.

madeleine said:
you know,at least M.Lacy didn't care about how people were feeling or what they were saying about what she did and how she did it,she was on a personal mission and didn't let anyone stay in her way.

Isn't THAT the truth! Reminds me of that Paul Simon song, "the Boxer," how the person "hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."

But this new DA....IMO he USES Jonbenet and what happened to her and that's even more disgusting if you ask me.

Agreed. Hunter wanted it to all go away; Lacy was bent on helping them. But this guy? He only seems interested in making a name for himself. Maybe THAT's why he gave the case to the police again: if they succeed, he takes the credit. If they screw up, he's free of any blame.

I remember something you said once SD,this case is like a virus to them and they are afraid to touch it.

That's close. I said this case was like nuclear radiation, but the effect is much the same.

there is nobody in Boulder who has the guts nor the cojones to deal with this case,to make PROGRESS.there will always be only excuses and propaganda.it's too late and too many things happened that made it every time worse.

Depressing, but most likely true.

You know,L.Arndt is definitely NOT a person/officer I like nor respect,I hate the show she put of on GMA,she was ridiculous and pathetic.BUT I have to agree with her when she says the killer will never pay and I believe her when she says she knew instantly what happened and who did it(even if that was wrong,as an officer to go with your gut feeling and not the evidence).And IMO the name she had in mind is the right one.
But yes,the killer will NEVER pay.Never.Too many people made sure it will never happen.
It's an entire chain,if one falls,they all fall,that's why they are backing each other up.This will never change,too many careers are at stake.

They are all afraid of L.Wood and his lawsuits.
innocent until proven guilty became just a line open to interpretation....misinterpretation....
sorry but suspects have way too many rights these days,it's more about their rights than the victims rights,defence lawyers have more power than prosecutors,look at all the wanna-be experts lying under oath and making money and becoming tv stars.

dunno about which case I read this but I almost threw up.the killer was caught and sent to jail.appeal time.what does the defence atty do?
he says,well,test the victims clothes for touch dna,if my clients touch dna isn't on them then it means he didn't do it.
excuse me?this is absolutely ridiculous.what if your client wore gloves DUH.
this is how they are lately allowed to spin it and mock the system and the laws.
and the EVIDENCE.

what happened with the OJ case and the OJ trial should have been a lesson.
NOBODY learned from it,nobody.

:angel:I think it's too late for JR and Jeffrey Macdonald to share the same cell:angel: sigh
i think they would go along so great,two peas in a pod
whenever I see one of them being so "charming" on camera it so reminds me of the other.....
dunno,but I am so disgusted lately,I think I gave up........
hey,at least one of them is right where he belongs and stays there

They are all afraid of L.Wood and his lawsuits.
innocent until proven guilty became just a line open to interpretation....misinterpretation....
sorry but suspects have way too many rights these days,it's more about their rights than the victims rights,defence lawyers have more power than prosecutors,look at all the wanna-be experts lying under oath and making money and becoming tv stars.

Damn right! DAMN right!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back