Will there be charges on Shawn for the CP in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandmaj

Former Member
Reaction score
This was touched upon in the presser. What do you think. Will there be CP arrest(s) Do we have a better indication that this is still being investigated?

I didn't get to hear the presser live, but I thank all of the WSers who kindly transcribed and attempted to decipher it for the rest of us.

Based on what we know and what was said during the presser, I certainly hope there will be arrests related to the CP. I would like to think the arrests will extend beyond SA and BD to the larger CP "ring", if you will, but at least SA and maybe BD will be arrested.

I think it is still being investigated based on what I read of the presser.

MOO

I am thinking maybe they are putting their ducks in a row to get something to stick (i.e. put SA in jail & turn on the heat).

BTW getting these types of charges to stick is extremely challenging. It is very difficult to pinpoint definitively WHO downloaded, viewed, etc. the CP on a particular machine. Even with different user accounts on a computer (IF they had Windows user accounts enabled) it is hard to PROVE that another party in the home didn't have the password to that account, etc....

BTW getting these types of charges to stick is extremely challenging. It is very difficult to pinpoint definitively WHO downloaded, viewed, etc. the CP on a particular machine. Even with different user accounts on a computer (IF they had Windows user accounts enabled) it is hard to PROVE that another party in the home didn't have the password to that account, etc....
I agree and what I see happening in other cases, is the evidence being gathered and then the perp cutting a deal. But if accused isn't willing to cut a deal, of if LE doesn't want to go down that road, then I guess proving a case would become a whole lot harder. The accused could, (& probably will), say that some minors had access to the computers. MOO.

I sure hope so, grandmaj.
There just seems to be so many, that were using those computers, it is going to be difficult to pinpoint who was looking, and downloading what.
They also confiscated a lot of other devices, it is going to take some time to go through all of it.
Will be glad when some one publishes those search warrants, for what was taken, and what was found on what devices.

I'm now thinking possibly not, though they're trying. I'm thinking SA's sexual proclivities expanded to include paraphilia. They know this from the type of *advertiser censored*, videos, etc. found. If children or non-consenting adults are not involved, and they have no solid evidence against him concerning H's disappearance, LE can only hope that someone will step forward with some information that leads to H. I feel optimistic that will happen.

Also consider - (I'll try to say this as delicately as I can)

If LE has what they believe to be minors in the pictures video they may have to somehow VERIFY that.

This would be if the children in the pics/videos are PAST puberty and DO NOT blatently look like a pre-pubescent child from a developmental perspective it may be harder to charge.

I can't remember the case, but there are videos out there with adults (legally) who dress up and act like children in videos for pedophiles.

Again, it is open/close if you have a 4 yo (shudder) on a video but a 16 yo may be harder to confirm/charge.

I hope that came out the way I inteded it to.

To answer your question, not in my opinion. At least not by local LE, perhaps FBI, the Rangers or the State of Texas.

Yes, I do believe there will be CP arrests and BD may be one of them as well. I think LE is going through a big task of trying to figure out who downloaded at certain times, if it was sold or trafficked, who paid for the material, possible links to other individuals, etc. They are probably going through each image with a fine tooth comb to verify the subject was underage and they are also completing forensics on the electronics seized from GMA's house.

Sadly, I think there will be arrests on CP long before they find Hailey.

IMO~ SA & BD will be arrested and put away for life. As well as many others, I believe they are watching them, as well as any and everyone they continue to associate with, while the forensic computer investigation continues to expose how many people are linked to the CP. Having them behind bars at this time must be less important than the additional knowledge that can be gained by allowing them to remain free.
MOO

Yes, I do believe there will be CP arrests and BD may be one of them as well. I think LE is going through a big task of trying to figure out who downloaded at certain times, if it was sold or trafficked, who paid for the material, possible links to other individuals, etc. They are probably going through each image with a fine tooth comb to verify the subject was underage and they are also completing forensics on the electronics seized from GMA's house.

There is no way they could charge BD with that considering that they apparently didn't find any CP in her house.

As far as any other electronics from the GMs house are concerned, they would still have the problem of proving which of the people who had access to those devices did the deed, if there is indeed any CP there.

They wouldn't need to be worried about who paid or those images or who they were sold to, simply because it is highly unlikely that any of that happened. They were simply downloaded off public areas of the web, of which there are many. There is nothing remotely indicating any sort of CP ring in the affidavits.

They mentioned in the SW affidavit that there were unidentified devices that had been attached to the computer at some point. Keep in mind that SA is not the only person in Texas to have devices capable of being plugged into a computer, in all probability every one who had access to the house likely also has such devices. The search warrants would not have found all of those since they might not all have been on the property. The fact that the devices were not found doesn't mean that SA hid them, it is more likely that those devices simply belonged to someone else.

Unless they find CP on some device which is indisputably SAs and is only used by him, then they are not going to be able to charge him with anything, even though they might like to and in spite of the fact that it is more probable that this stuff came from someone else in the house. Think about it. Who is more likely to use a computer in a house - the person who lives there, or another person who lives in another city? If SA made extensive use of both computers, he probably would have been using both of them for the same purpose, so, IF SA downloaded huge amounts of *advertiser censored* on the mothers computer, then he would also have done so on the GMs computer (the one he was "allways" using). If the GMs computer DIDN"T have a huge *advertiser censored* collection on it, then that is pretty compelling evidence that the *advertiser censored* collection on the mother's computer belonged to someone with access primarily to that computer alone. Logic dictates that person wouldn't be SA, and that they need to focus on someone resident in that house.

You guys also need to remember that they don't care about the CP, what they are really after is to arrest and convict SA of anything they can possibly pin on him. These search warrants are really just fishing expeditions IMO. I think they will leave the CP case "open" so that they can carry on snooping using that as a cover.

This may not be a popular opinion, but I'd be in favour of dropping all CP charges in exchange for information regarding finding Hailey. Then he'll prolly blame it all on BJD.

MOO

Mel

There is no way they could charge BD with that considering that they apparently didn't find any CP in her house.

As far as any other electronics from the GMs house are concerned, they would still have the problem of proving which of the people who had access to those devices did the deed, if there is indeed any CP there.

They wouldn't need to be worried about who paid or those images or who they were sold to, simply because it is highly unlikely that any of that happened. They were simply downloaded off public areas of the web, of which there are many. There is nothing remotely indicating any sort of CP ring in the affidavits.

They mentioned in the SW affidavit that there were unidentified devices that had been attached to the computer at some point. Keep in mind that SA is not the only person in Texas to have devices capable of being plugged into a computer, in all probability every one who had access to the house likely also has such devices. The search warrants would not have found all of those since they might not all have been on the property. The fact that the devices were not found doesn't mean that SA hid them, it is more likely that those devices simply belonged to someone else.

Unless they find CP on some device which is indisputably SAs and is only used by him, then they are not going to be able to charge him with anything, even though they might like to and in spite of the fact that it is more probable that this stuff came from someone else in the house. Think about it. Who is more likely to use a computer in a house - the person who lives there, or another person who lives in another city? If SA made extensive use of both computers, he probably would have been using both of them for the same purpose, so, IF SA downloaded huge amounts of *advertiser censored* on the mothers computer, then he would also have done so on the GMs computer (the one he was "allways" using). If the GMs computer DIDN"T have a huge *advertiser censored* collection on it, then that is pretty compelling evidence that the *advertiser censored* collection on the mother's computer belonged to someone with access primarily to that computer alone. Logic dictates that person wouldn't be SA, and that they need to focus on someone resident in that house.

You guys also need to remember that they don't care about the CP, what they are really after is to arrest and convict SA of anything they can possibly pin on him. These search warrants are really just fishing expeditions IMO. I think they will leave the CP case "open" so that they can carry on snooping using that as a cover.

I don't know how to bold, but what I want to say is about the computers at Shawn's mothers and the one at his grandmothers.
The child *advertiser censored* was found in the slack space in his mother's computer, it was taken into evidence, long ago.
The grandmother's computer, only had a portion of it looked at, sometime around Feb. 7th. in the home, it was not taken into evidence.
We still don't know if any CP was found in the slack space of the Grandmothers computer, since it has been taken into evidence.

I don't know how to bold, but what I want to say is about the computers at Shawn's mothers and the one at his grandmothers.
The child *advertiser censored* was found in the slack space in his mother's computer, it was taken into evidence, long ago.
The grandmother's computer, only had a portion of it looked at, sometime around Feb. 7th. in the home, it was not taken into evidence.
We still don't know if any CP was found in the slack space of the Grandmothers computer, since it has been taken into evidence.

I believe while going through the computer at Gma's house they found *advertiser censored* in the slack space, I want to believe that LE took her computer also for further investigation. LE would have checked it in the house first to see whether there was anything on it that needed further investigation kwim. This would save them the trouble of lugging it out of the house and holding it at headquarters if there was nothing viable on it. The affidavit would say whether it was taken. Yes I would say it does. Last paragraph, last sentence for the property described above and seize same. AND it does say in the affidavit that "images of CP" were found on his mom's computer. Then he makes reference to one image found on Gma's computer similar to one found on SA's moms.
Just bringing affidavit here for reference.
http://www.ktxs.com/download/2011/0322/27283525.pdf

BBM

I do believe they found CP in BD's home on the memory sticks...I think Sheriff Toombs cleared that up, I will look for a link. However. Of course they CARE ABOUT THE CHILD *advertiser censored*! Goodness to say that don't just blows me away! I cannot imagine anyone - from LE to Joe citizen that would have a "oh well" it's just a little bit of child *advertiser censored*, who really cares...attitude. You can bet your life on the fact they very much "CARE" about the child *advertiser censored*!

I agree. Also, JMO, LE may have a difficult task in determining the age and identity of the victims in the apparent child *advertiser censored*. Imo, it's very possible that masks were used in the production of it. First, Billie said that she only knew of a mask because Shawn traded them. Then, she admitted on BTHN that LE had seized masks from her home. Shawn first said he only wore the masks to make a Halloween slasher video and he only owned them for display purposes. He then said Hailey wasn't afraid of his masks because she wore them to sit around the house watching movies with him.

There's a reason the mask story keeps changing, imo (I really think LE found Hailey's DNA inside a mask and they don't think she wore it willingly to kick back at home with her good buddy Shawn Adkins). I also don't think Kampfer would have stated "his" opinion that Hailey was photographed against her will if he didn't have good reason to believe it. This would explain why LE confirms child *advertiser censored* was found, but hasn't been able to make arrests yet. Masks and/or cropping makes it very hard to meet the criteria for confirming it is indeed children (and possibly Hailey) in the *advertiser censored*. I think the children in question are older than 10 years in development.

JMO and I could be wrong...

BBM

I do believe they found CP in BD's home on the memory sticks...I think Sheriff Toombs cleared that up, I will look for a link. However. Of course they CARE ABOUT THE CHILD *advertiser censored*! Goodness to say that don't just blows me away! I cannot imagine anyone - from LE to Joe citizen that would have a "oh well" it's just a little bit of child *advertiser censored*, who really cares...attitude. You can bet your life on the fact they very much "CARE" about the child *advertiser censored*!

RBBM: Of course LE cares about the CP! I also totally agree with you teh, in your belief that CP was found on the memory stick in BD's home. Just because she says it wasn't, well, we all know that BD and the truth are not really well acquainted, to put it nicely.

I would be happy to see both her and SA under the jail for the CP! Anyone that partakes in that needs to be away from society.

JMO, MOO, and all other disclaimers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member