Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too have seen this letter, I found it interesting how he switches writing styles, he uses print and then script in the same sentence.. His hand writing is poor, as are the majority of people his age who have grown up typing not writing by hand...

I found the ants comment strange as well and it lead me to believe it was somehow related to not rubbing with other prisoners.

if this letter is true to be what it is claimed to be, as response from DM to a "fan", I wonder if the motive of the fan was to get something in writing back from DM and expose it, or if she truly wanted to start a relationship with him... I guess there are women out there that find this type of guy (DM, charged with murder, etc) attractive?

I haven't had a chance to view the letter yet (still waiting to be "accepted" into one of the FB groups :blushing:)

Unfortunately, I do believe there are many crazy women out there who become obsessed with criminals. In AB's blog, she even links to a story regarding that very subject! I believe this woman may be starting to become obsessed with DM.....

Facebook friends of the letter recipient say she was so proud to receive it that she showed off electronic copies that were then passed on to far more people than she had originally intended. One Facebook friend described the recipient as being like a child who had just gotten a letter from Santa Claus.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2013/07/authenticating-the-dellen-millard-jailhouse-letter.html

Kinda creepy IMO!

I haven't seen the letter but have doubts about the authenticity. After remaining so silent why start talking to complete strangers now? For someone who appeared to stay low profile (no major social media presence, guarded identity on FB) it seems out of character. Ego, maybe? The sources who say that it is authentic won't go on record so who knows if DM even knows these sources.

I haven't had a chance to view the letter yet (still waiting to be "accepted" into one of the FB groups :blushing:)

Unfortunately, I do believe there are many crazy women out there who become obsessed with criminals. In AB's blog, she even links to a story regarding that very subject! I believe this woman may be starting to become obsessed with DM.....

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2013/07/authenticating-the-dellen-millard-jailhouse-letter.html

Kinda creepy IMO!

BBM - I saw that updated blog after I posted this... Some women are sick, eh? To be attracted to a convicted murderer! (I know DM has not been convicted, I am referring to the link)

I haven't seen the letter but have doubts about the authenticity. After remaining so silent why start talking to complete strangers now? For someone who appeared to stay low profile (no major social media presence, guarded identity on FB) it seems out of character. Ego, maybe? The sources who say that it is authentic won't go on record so who knows if DM even knows these sources.

I would think DM is bored in jail, he is probably loosing his composure. The quiet smart introvert might be slipping away, and he may be needing some attention...

:floorlaugh:
BBM - I saw that updated blog after I posted this... Some women are sick, eh? To be attracted to a convicted murderer! (I know DM has not been convicted, I am referring to the link)
Agreed 100%. You would need to have major self esteem problems to fall for a complete stranger whose only notoriety is committing a heinous crime.

Guys, we can't post the letter unless it's printed in MSM.

Those are the :tos:

I would assume that the Posting links of non MSM articles pertains to AB's personal blog. Although I find it interesting, I don't see her currently attached to any accredited MSM news sources. The last major project that I could find that AB worked on was a TV listings guide produced for Bell. A custom content piece produced for a corporate client.

She did write an article recently for the National Post, so I assume she is somehow connected there, freelance perhaps? MOO

She also says in her post from yesterday that she is planning to write a full article on the subject and asks for any credible, named sources to contact her if they have information, perhaps this article will be in the National Post as well?

AB has updated her blog on the letter subject, she has posted an excerpt from it as well as cited a source-Jim Van Allen, former manager of the OPP’s Criminal Profile Unit

She did write an article recently for the National Post, so I assume she is somehow connected there, freelance perhaps? MOO

She also says in her post from yesterday that she is planning to write a full article on the subject and asks for any credible, named sources to contact her if they have information, perhaps this article will be in the National Post as well?

Interesting, perhaps it will appear in print.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

I would assume that the Posting links of non MSM articles pertains to AB's personal blog. Although I find it interesting, I don't see her currently attached to any accredited MSM news sources. The last major project that I could find that AB worked on was a TV listings guide produced for Bell. A custom content piece produced for a corporate client.

Yes. In taking a quick look at her creds as posted on her blog, I notice she also has considerable experience with Scottish Terriers and Dachshunds and runs blogs about each breed. Her Nat Post article on DM seems to be her only published investigative crime report, if I'm not mistaken. Not yet a credible source, imo. MOO.

Yes. In taking a quick look at her creds as posted on her blog, I notice she also has considerable experience with Scottish Terriers and Dachshunds and runs blogs about each breed. Her Nat Post article on DM seems to be her only published investigative crime report, if I'm not mistaken. Not yet a credible source, imo. MOO.

4 years as as an editor/reporter for Reuters, 6 years as a journalist for the International Herald Tribune, among others. Also has 98 articles in the New York Times (from search results)

http://ca.linkedin.com/in/annbrocklehurst

http://query.nytimes.com/search/sitesearch/#/ann+brocklehurst/since1851/allresults/3/

4 years as as an editor/reporter for Reuters, 6 years as a journalist for the International Herald Tribune, among others. Also has 98 articles in the New York Times (from search results)

http://query.nytimes.com/search/sitesearch/#/ann+brocklehurst/since1851/allresults/3/

Yes, thanks lanman. I understand that her previous MSM work has primarily been in the fields of travel, business investment and marketing. She does, of course, also have her dog blogs and experience as an educator. There is no doubt that she is an experienced writer. However, I was specifically mentioning her lack of credentials with respect to crime investigation noting that this appears to be her first MSM article in that field and, even there, the jist of the item was an account of MillardAirs business failures. While 3 interviewees were identified in her NP article, her lack of source identification in her DM blog leads me to reject her blog's credibility on the subject of the TB murder until details about the case are vetted by MSM or LE. I should also add that there are a number of interesting blogs and FB pages around the web that focus on this case, several of them associated with friends or family of either the two accused or the victim. I harbour the same reservations about these as I do about AB's efforts. MOO. IMO.

Thank you Ianman for that information and the links...interesting life and busy lady she must be. It seems this writer is quiet active in reporting and writing and has been for the past 11 years. I will give her much credit for her work, and being as I have not been able to find anything negative regarding her writings and reports I feel assurance and believe she would not lead the public astray. Matter of fact why would she want to create a bad reputation for herself as a writer. :seeya: :moo:

Well I dont know what to say about this letter or AB. Looks like she's been writing a long time and this case is intriguing to her, so I cant say I blame her for trying. In the early weeks of this case, I noticed her on twitter sleuthing alongside me (except I didnt tweet people for info, I just crept along quietly lol).

AB gave us both the AS and SG (brother of EG) interviews, so let us see what else she digs up. She is working on a full report (unless thats the update, which I havent looked at yet) so maybe it will turn up in the Post again.

This whole letter business comes to her via Facebook. I say God help her for hanging out on those sites looking for leads. I couldnt handle 5 minutes of the banter and side-conversations in there.

<modsnip>

Thank you Ianman for that information and the links...interesting life and busy lady she must be. It seems this writer is quiet active in reporting and writing and has been for the past 11 years. I will give her much credit for her work, and being as I have not been able to find anything negative regarding her writings and reports I feel assurance and believe she would not lead the public astray. Matter of fact why would she want to create a bad reputation for herself as a writer. :seeya: :moo:

I agree with swedie. :skip:

She may not have a lot of crime reporting under her belt but she has experience and enough that I would call her a freelance journalist not just a blogger. And I'm trying to be fair because in truth her articles lean a certain way so I am not sure that is straight reporting and therefore I have my reservations about her position. She has however been good for us sleuths IMO.

Oh the letter... Anyone else think that the so called "fan" could be a reporter trying to dig up info? Makes sense if she was into mag tots as well jmo

Or magnotta.. Whatever my cell phone feels like saying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401