Is the criminal investigation of LA a red herring?

fay

Reaction score
I was thinking about his lawyer announcing that charges could be filed against Lee and I thought how strange it is for a lawyer to tell the public.
Could it be possible that the atty's are in cahoots, to throw out there that the police are suspecting everyone, not just Casey? Is his not fully co-operating a well orchestrated attempt at placing doubt to a potential jury?
Not sure what to make of it. I haven't heard the police announce formally that they are anticipating charges filed against him.
Any thoughts? :confused:

It is baffling.I'm scratching my head over why LA needs a criminal lawyer in the first place and why that lawyer is even making such statements publically unless he knew for a fact that LE were going to be charging his client with something...

I really don't expect Lee or the A's to be charged with anything. I think the attorney is reacting to all the media speculation and trying to keep Lee convinced that he needs an attorney. Attorney's don't keep the money coming in by telling their clients they don't need attorneys.

The police are not generally in the habit of announcing that they MAY charge someone with something in the future, especially if they are dead in the middle of an active and ongoing murder investigation in which every member of the family seems to tell different stories depending on the day of the week or the temp. outside. If and when LE decides to charge someone we will know it because they will go and arrest said individual and tote them off to jail...:crazy:

I really don't expect Lee or the A's to be charged with anything. I think the attorney is reacting to all the media speculation and trying to keep Lee convinced that he needs an attorney. Attorney's don't keep the money coming in by telling their clients they don't need attorneys.

I don't "expect" it but I sure do wish it!:rolleyes:
The fine line has been crossed completely OUT by the actions of the entire family.:furious:

The police are not generally in the habit of announcing that they MAY charge someone with something in the future, especially if they are dead in the middle of an active and ongoing murder investigation in which every member of the family seems to tell different stories depending on the day of the week or the temp. outside. If and when LE decides to charge someone we will know it because they will go and arrest said individual and tote them off to jail...:crazy:

I don't "expect" it but I sure do wish it!:rolleyes:
The fine line has been crossed completely OUT by the actions of the entire family.:furious:

Has LE announced that they're considering charging Lee with something? I hadn't heard that. Of course, as you know, I don't see where Lee or the As have crossed the line. There's not even agreement here on what, if anything, Lee did wrong, yet everyone is eager to see him hang for it...whatever it is.

It seems to me with KC's history of telling lies and pretty big ones at that, I would definately have a lawyer, whether I thought I needed one or not. Now as far as the A's and LA go...they probably need one. Their attorneys have more than likely had phone calls at the least and meetings at the most with the SA about all kinds of "stuff" that we are not privy to. As far as LA atty going on the airwaves making a case for his client, I have no clue. Something IMHO is up. No visits to KC, Caylee has been found, all the lawyeers buzzing about. Good, bad or ugly something is fixin' to go down. JMO.

But, whatever happened to Lee staying under the radar? Even "we" didn't know where he was...why pop out this way? And let's not forget the second part of what the attorney initially said. Something must be up 'cause that hasn't been discussed in the press for a very long time.

If any of the A fam members are charged with anything, I don't anticipate it having anything to do with the actual crime, maybe lying to investigators or something of that nature.

I still think that they are lying about where kc and Caylee were the night of the 15th. That being the starting point of their investigation, I think it is a pretty big deal if they all lied about the facts of that evening and next morning, and I don't see it being overlooked. JMO of course!

It seems to me with KC's history of telling lies and pretty big ones at that, I would definately have a lawyer, whether I thought I needed one or not..

I would have to agree with you there.I would like to know if LA and GA know what KC has claimed about them and the "incest" tales she told.I would be willing to bet that they have heard that by now .As warped as her mind is,maybe it was said to get some sort of sympathy from her bf?

I would have to agree with you there.I would like to know if LA and GA know what KC has claimed about them and the "incest" tales she told.I would be willing to bet that they have heard that by now .As warped as her mind is,maybe it was said to get some sort of sympathy from her bf?

There is a whole thread about it in The Parking Lot.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that LA had been charged with obstruction or accessory after the fact. I didn't read what the attorney said, but it is possible that he may be trying to begin negotiations for a plea deal, and that could be his opening statement. Perhaps LA was lying to investigators but has now told the truth, and knows that he will be charged but is hoping for leniency because he is now being honest.

I think that they'll all be charged with something - likely obstruction - but only after the trial/after the fact. LE has no reason to risk a proper trial or plea bargain with KC; IMO they will very patiently wait for any other charges.

MOO

That comment reminds me of a movie I saw a couple months ago where a woman that plays in it is frightened when the phone rings and says it's LE. George Clooney remarks back to her "Ah no, it's not the police, they don't call ahead. :)

I was thinking about his lawyer announcing that charges could be filed against Lee and I thought how strange it is for a lawyer to tell the public.
Could it be possible that the atty's are in cahoots, to throw out there that the police are suspecting everyone, not just Casey? Is his not fully co-operating a well orchestrated attempt at placing doubt to a potential jury?
Not sure what to make of it. I haven't heard the police announce formally that they are anticipating charges filed against him.
Any thoughts? :confused:

Creating confusion about charges to be filed by confusing pre-conceived notions is not unheard of. In this case, the goal might be to coax determination of the charges impending prior to the real charges being brought. I think charges are coming, but they won't be for what everyone thinks they are. If enough people are convinced as to what the impending charges will be, especially those people that infrequent the news involving Caylee, then the charges will have less titillation and token.

Of course, I have been occasionally harping about Lee based on my thoughts and this type of situation would only serve my vindication on those thoughts.

I still think Lee is culpable in the demise of Caylee via Casey's mental disintegration. I think Lee is her defense against death and life in prison.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, LA makes my hinky meter go out the door! I can't imagine why his attorney would make these statements unless something is going to happen. I think he's going to look up Rob P's phone number soon for bail money.

:boohoo:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, LA makes my hinky meter go out the door! I can't imagine why his attorney would make these statements unless something is going to happen. I think he's going to look up Rob P's phone number soon for bail money.

I think you are sooo right Kimster...Lee has been laying low, out of the spotlight...so his attorney would IMO, not be out there on all these shows just for media exposure. Lee would no doubt not appreciate it!

I think your hinky meter and predictions are going to be played out soon!

It could be that JB has started the mudslinging by letting LA's attorney know that some mud is coming their way. Before it's over, there will be lots of targets.

That comment reminds me of a movie I saw a couple months ago where a woman that plays in it is frightened when the phone rings and says it's LE. George Clooney remarks back to her "Ah no, it's not the police, they don't call ahead. :)

Oh yeah, that was from "Michael Clayton." That was a good movie and a good line.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back