Hurricane Jose September 2017

Jersey- hoping for you, no damage. Let us know.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Nothing major. I saw the surf in Seaside Heights reach the boardwalk, but other than that nothing major, yet.

Winds are here, but again, nothing major.

Since Jose is so far off-shore and reduced to a tropical storm or 1 hurricane, with the effects we are feeling I'm scared of Maria and at the thought of what would happen if Jose doesn't take Maria out to sea.

Nothing major. I saw the surf in Seaside Heights reach the boardwalk, but other than that nothing major, yet.

Winds are here, but again, nothing major.

Since Jose is so far off-shore and reduced to a tropical storm or 1 hurricane, with the effects we are feeling I'm scared of Maria and at the thought of what would happen if Jose doesn't take Maria out to sea.
The alternatives for Maria that I've seen have impacted the southeast. Glad to hear all good now. When does the work on the house finish?

The alternatives for Maria that I've seen have impacted the southeast. Glad to hear all good now. When does the work on the house finish?

My contractor says 5 months from the start, barring delays in inspections. We moved out last March (2016!) and it just now is being lifted (various delays, paperwork, permits and then we found we needed variances, construction delays, cut-off utility delays, more paperwork, etc. etc.)

I am going to sign another 1 year lease this week for the rental apartment we are in now. I am hoping to get back by Summer.

There is additional work that needs to be done besides the lifting, including a new kitchen that was never replaced after Sandy (other than the appliances), enclosing the carport into a den, rebuilding the laundry/utilities room and a back room that was so rotted out by the time they lifted that they decided to knock it down and rebuild.

We also opted for interior stairs (rather than outside stairs, didn't want to shovel or ice them down in the winter).

Live cam from Ocean City, NJ:

[video=youtube;Ep4ImC8f6EE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep4ImC8f6EE[/video]

Live cam from Long Beach Island, NJ:

[video=youtube;Zsna8X8hNzM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsna8X8hNzM[/video]

Carolina Beach, NC live cam:

[video=youtube;0lkf8u0ae5s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lkf8u0ae5s[/video]

My contractor says 5 months from the start, barring delays in inspections. We moved out last March (2016!) and it just now is being lifted (various delays, paperwork, permits and then we found we needed variances, construction delays, cut-off utility delays, more paperwork, etc. etc.)

I am going to sign another 1 year lease this week for the rental apartment we are in now. I am hoping to get back by Summer.

There is additional work that needs to be done besides the lifting, including a new kitchen that was never replaced after Sandy (other than the appliances), enclosing the carport into a den, rebuilding the laundry/utilities room and a back room that was so rotted out by the time they lifted that they decided to knock it down and rebuild.

We also opted for interior stairs (rather than outside stairs, didn't want to shovel or ice them down in the winter).

Bbm: Smart!!!

I love every JS house that has been able to be saved and reimagined up high for the future!

5:00 NHC Update: still on track and further from coast than originally thought.

b138c21ea2c414f26392efa47d1c770b.jpg
d6c1351b2a346164a7ae66c6a4a2d2af.gif

Please send a pic when done....would love to see your masterpiece!

It is a balmy, breezy, beautiful night in New Jersey, as Jose becomes less of a threat...

My prayers turn to Puerto Rico.
Xo,
Rose

Levi's Tuesday Evening update on Jose and Maria:

[video=youtube;ZJISCmwrFCE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJISCmwrFCE[/video]

Jose has been downgraded to a tropical storm. Waiting and watching to see if he dances with Maria.
b0a14fa3b11ad538db115d5a3633db8a.jpg
07adc92a3943a59b68781950473a33aa.gif
f15dd8d1ce1a00083f635b3c1a1340fb.jpg

5:00 pm NHC Update: Jose holding on as a tropical storm although expected to downgrade to a depression by Sunday as it moves back toward the coast.
e45f97f62ffbf43f63199640085f315f.jpg
bd9097e70cae589a143d6aafddcc241c.gif
9f06dc4c54c3355c1115a7bfbe9f8a01.gif

Is he staying close enough to take Maria out to sea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most say yes...but waiting to see if the high pressure takes over.

NHC 11:00 Update: Jose downgraded to a post-tropical cyclone. He is holding on....and we need him to pull Maria out to sea.
b89d6ab588fb0e5115a707780734bd5b.jpg
ab4391dfbe83ed04e921e6e35d270154.gif

http://spaghettimodels.com

We took the boat on the bay today. Winds were about 10-15mph from Jose a bit choppy with whitecaps later in the afternoon. Water temp was about 72 degrees. We are going to the ocean beach tomorrow and will check the temp, winds and surf.

We took the boat on the bay today. Winds were about 10-15mph from Jose a bit choppy with whitecaps later in the afternoon. Water temp was about 72 degrees. We are going to the ocean beach tomorrow and will check the temp, winds and surf.

Sounds like a great day....[emoji38]

Sounds like a great day....[emoji38]

It's unusually warm here. Today was sunny and breezy with a high of 85. Not bad for the first day of Fall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back