Identified! OH - Hebron, WhtFem 561UFOH, 25-40, behind I-70 truck stop, Apr'90 - Patrice Corley

Snufamonbobball

But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sou
Reaction score
Ok- I'm sitting here today, and I'm thinking about a girl that was found in ohio in 1990. She's not in Namus and I haven't been able to locate any additional info anywhere else (she doesn't have an NCIC number listed either), so all we have is the DoeNetwork webpage. Everyone who does this has their own style of searching, but I'm fairly confident when I say, there are certain details that will occasionally stand out (clothing, hair style, ect.) and you would remember that detail if you see something similar somewhere else. Here is the link to the UF:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/561ufoh.html

This girl in ohio has a white mole to the right of her nose bridge. I have always remembered that detail. Last night I ran across a missing girl from 1986 who has a white mole- but on the left side of her nose bridge, so of course that grabs my attention. I make note of the 2 cases thinking, well everything matches up pretty well (height, weight, eyes,reconst vs photo), except for the side of the nose the mole is on. Here is the link to the missing girl:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/881dfca.html

I also ran across a case (she doesn't have anything to do with the ohio case other than her reconstruction was done backward)where it is noted that the reconstruction picture has an error. The UF has a missing tooth that is shown on the wrong side of the mouth, so now of course I'm thinking maybe they got which side of the nose the mole is on wrong. Here is the link showing the wrong side tooth:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/197ufmd.html

I know this is a long post, but so many of you have so much more experience, does anyone else think that 561UFOH and Linda Rose Grimm are a match possibly?

Much appreciated- Snufamonbobball:waitasec:

I think it's a definite possibility. Here's a side by side.

Attachments

• grimm_uid.jpg
    grimm_uid.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 292
Their descriptions are very similar, and circumstances, too. The missing girl's information stated that she may have resided with a truck driver in Kansas, and the girl was found at a truck stop just a few states away. Good call! Submit!

Thank You for the side by side Barb0301! I thought a good identifying characteristic to ask about is the vertical c-section scar on Ms. Grimm, so we'll see what happens. It's a needle in a haystack, but who knows, maybe this Doe will have her name back.

Much appreciated! Snufamonbobball

Thank You for the side by side Barb0301! I thought a good identifying characteristic to ask about is the vertical c-section scar on Ms. Grimm, so we'll see what happens. It's a needle in a haystack, but who knows, maybe this Doe will have her name back.

Much appreciated! Snufamonbobball

Glad you are going to follow up on this one. I think the c-section scar is a great follow up question to ask. Let us know what you find out !

Yes Snufamonbobball, Please submit. I think it could be a possible match!!

I spoke with the Licking Co. ME investigator yesterday, and Ms. Grimm had not been looked at as a possible match for this Doe.

I was very happy to find out that no one there had forgotten about her. The investigator is still actively searching for her true identity and was not able to rule Ms. Grimm out immediately. She will be checking further into this possibilty and she said she would let me know when and if they rule her out, or match her.

Snufamonbobball

Great job Snufamonbobball !! I'll be anxious to hear the outcome on this case. It's always nice to know that the investigators are still working on older cases like this!

I talked with one of the original detectives on this Doe today. I was kind of surprised to hear from LE since I had already talked to the ME a couple of days ago. He asked if I knew if her mother was still alive (i have no idea), he told me he remembers the day he got her call, and he remembered the white mole on her nose.
I gave him the Doe casefile # for Ms. Grimm as I had done with the ME for Licking county.
He had obviously never forgotton her, and he seemed to really care about finding out who this Doe is and who killed her.
He said he would keep me informed, and if Ms. Grimm is ruled out, he will let me know.

Very nice people and also very dedicated people in Licking county Ohio.

Snufamonbobball

I talked with one of the original detectives on this Doe today. I was kind of surprised to hear from LE since I had already talked to the ME a couple of days ago. He asked if I knew if her mother was still alive (i have no idea), he told me he remembers the day he got her call, and he remembered the white mole on her nose.
I gave him the Doe casefile # for Ms. Grimm as I had done with the ME for Licking county.
He had obviously never forgotton her, and he seemed to really care about finding out who this Doe is and who killed her.
He said he would keep me informed, and if Ms. Grimm is ruled out, he will let me know.

Very nice people and also very dedicated people in Licking county Ohio.

Snufamonbobball

This is great news ! Glad to hear that they are taking this so serious and following up. There is an NCIC number listed on the Doe page that might help the detectives, NCIC Number: M-582064255

Thanks for keeping us posted !

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86984&highlight=561UFOH

Looks like this same match was also submitted by Snufamonbobball but I don't see a follow-up, so please keep us posted when you hear something.

Hi mortybusybody,
Thanks for post. I had been in contact with the case manager a number of times prior to my submission and during that time Grimm had not been submitted. I also did a search here a couple of days ago and could not find it. Will keep you posted.

ETA, I don't see where snufamonbobbal submitted it here either. Hoping she gets ID'd. I will try to get more familiar with the search feature. I don't know how I missed her here., That would have saved me a bit of time.
Maybe we need more frequent follow up on the already posted cases here where someone wants a missing person discussed?

I searched and didn't see a specific thread for this UID (only "possible matches") so I thought I'd start one for her (if there is one for her please merge.)

Doe Network:
http://doenetwork.org/cases/561ufoh.html

Namus:
https://identifyus.org/cases/4768
***WARNING POST MORTEM PHOTO AT NAMUS LINK***

* The victim was discovered on April 19, 1990 in Hebron, Licking County, Ohio
* Estimated Date of Death: 12-24 hours prior to discovery
* Cause of Death: She was beaten by a blunt object across the face and neck

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 25-40 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2-5'3"; 110-115 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Reddish-brown hair; brown eyes. She had given birth to at least one child. Ears pierced once in each lobe. Fair complexion.
* Distinguishing Marks: White mole to the right of her nose bridge. Small brown mole to right of umbilicus. Stretch marks characteristic of childbirth.
* Clothing: White panties; no other clothes were found.
* Dentals: Available. Fillings present.
* Fingerprints: Available
* DNA: Available

Case History
The victim was located at the rear of the Pilot Travel Center, a truck stop at Interstate-70 and Route 37, in Licking County, Ohio on April 19, 1990.

The autopsy showed she had engaged in sexual activity not long before she was killed. Police believe she may have frequented truck stops.

She was buried June 18 in Spring Grove Cemetery at the county's expense.

A sketch and her description have been distributed to police departments and 3,200 truck stops across the United States. Deputies have been unable to match nationwide missing-reports to the victim.
In March 1991, the Ohio attorney general's office set up a task force to investigate slayings of at least 11 women whose bodies had been dumped along highways in four states, including Ohio, between 1985 and 1990.
Authorities said most of the slain women were known or suspected prostitutes who frequented truck stops.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Licking County Sheriff's Department
740-670-5540
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: 4034-90​

What do you guys think of Gloria Fedyshyn as a possible match?

Doe Network:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1263dfbc.html

I thought they looked eerily similar and the age, height and involvement in the sex trade all fit with the UID. The two only negatives are:
1) the distance from Vancouver to Ohio (though if she was frequenting truck stops she could have been traveling)
2) Some reports say she went missing in January 1993 (though they still list her missing age as 27, so with a birth-date of Aug. 1962 she would have been 27 in January 1990)

I attached a photo of the post mortem pic next to a pic of Gloria, hopefully it works.

*WARNING POST MORTEM PICTURE IN ATTACHMENT BELOW*
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q697/Carlkopp90245/Side-By-Side Comparisons/UIDANDFEDYSHYN.jpg

I thought the bridge of the nose, the shape of the face and the eyebrows were spot on, plus what I can see of the hairline looks similar. Your input is appreciated.

Frances Morales is a light-skinned white/hispanic woman last seen in Cumberland County, New Jersey in April 1990 but not reported missing until months later.

She's 27, in range. Her height is 5'3", which is right on. Weight 125 lbs. slightly high. Right coloring -- the postmortem photo clearly shows the red is dyed, probably maroon over dark brown. No mention either way of children. She appears to have pierced ears, and it looks to me like she could have facial spots in at least some of the same places as the UID (though the resolution's so poor I can't tell for sure.)

I especially noticed the very high round forehead and the small nose.

Attachments

• FMorales1.jpg
    FMorales1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 167
  • LickingCoOHJaneDoe.jpg
    LickingCoOHJaneDoe.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 72
  • FMorales.jpg
    FMorales.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 150

Members online

Online statistics