Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put yourself in Amanda's position. If you were innocent and had already spent 4 years of your life in an Italian prison for a wrongful conviction, would you trust the Italian court to get it right? Would you therefore risk further imprisonment by going back for the trial knowing that you probably would not be extridited by staying in the US? In that case, I would do exactly what AK is doing and stay home.

BBM

Knox wasn't wrongfully convicted. Her conviction was upheld by the Supreme Court and it's a fact, whether she likes it or not. Hopefully she'll think twice before she accusing anyone of murder in the future.

Can anyone tell what time here in the states court will start? TIA

That all depends on which ocean you're closer to, but it should start at about 8AM Perugia time ... except the last hearing started at 10AM Perugia time. Andrea Vogt is usually on top of it and will most likely post something about it today.

I do not know whether I believe that or not, since IMO it is a pattern of hers to pass off her own decisions onto others, meaning she either says others made the decision for her, or they pressured her into her decision or action, etc.. I believe she does this so that she is not ultimately responsible if the idea or decision or action has negative repercussions.

Nothing is ever Knox's fault. Somehow she's made herself the victim in this case, especially in the USA.
Lots of people here seem to forget all about Meredith, the real victim. Or the innocent man she threw under the bus to save her own butt.

Poor Amanda Knox ...not IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could make money by stating they believe her to be guilty.

I don't believer that book would garner much interest in the United States, do you? People want to believe this girl has been wronged, this poor girl, look at her, being tortured and imprisoned and suffered who-knows-what in prison for 4 years. Now that's a story. Don't you agree?

Let's look at the other story - this woman Amanda was involved in the killing of a beautiful young woman Meredith, in a sick, twisted way where they either assaulted her and then stabbed her and staged a burglary, or it was accidental and then they went about staging the sexual assault, the murder, and the burglary.

Now, scenario #2 might be of interest if Amanda was an ugly, creepy-looking man or a homeless-looking overweight women with few teeth and stringy hair.....then yes, #2 would be popular and everyone would want them to "pay" for what he/she did. Go out and buy book, scenario #2.

But we see that Amanda does not look like that. She looks like a sweet woman incapable of such horrible things. Therefore, scenario #1 is where the money is in the United States.

They could make money by stating they believe her to be guilty.

Nah...Americans IMO have been spoon fed & primed by her PR machine. Best way for an author to make money in the US regardless of the verdict is to write about how's she's innocent. IMO

I don't believer that book would garner much interest in the United States, do you? People want to believe this girl has been wronged, this poor girl, look at her, being tortured and imprisoned and suffered who-knows-what in prison for 4 years. Now that's a story. Don't you agree?

Let's look at the other story - this woman Amanda was involved in the killing of a beautiful young woman Meredith, in a sick, twisted way where they either assaulted her and then stabbed her and staged a burglary, or it was accidental and then they went about staging the sexual assault, the murder, and the burglary.

Now, scenario #2 might be of interest if Amanda was an ugly, creepy-looking man or a homeless-looking overweight women with few teeth and stringy hair.....then yes, #2 would be popular and everyone would want them to "pay" for what he/she did. Go out and buy book, scenario #2.

But we see that Amanda does not look like that. She looks like a sweet woman incapable of such horrible things. Therefore, scenario #1 is where the money is in the United States.

Wow...we must be on the same mental wavelength!

I haven't researched this case extensively, so I'm not going to comment about guilty or not guilty.

I will say that I believe the guilty verdict will be upheld. Another appeal will likely fail, and Sollecito will end up serving his time.

They will probably attempt to extradite Knox which will be a circus of its own.

Wow...we must be on the same mental wavelength!

:):)

Linda, I am very glad you are back on this thread! I saw you on here a long time ago, I believe when I first started following this one, and then you disappeared.

I studied the evidence a few years ago. I came to the conclusion that neither Knox or Sollecito were involved and this crime was committed by Rudy Guede. It was his DNA on/in Meredith, it was his fingerprints/handprints in Meredith's bedroom, and I believe he was the sole perpetrator.

No one fed me anything from a PR machine. The testing of the knife was such that I did not have any confidence in the results once I learned the examiner in the lab fiddled (my word) with the equipment. The crime scene was compromised during processing.

My vote was and remains "Not Guilty."

I studied the evidence a few years ago. I came to the conclusion that neither Knox or Sollecito were involved and this crime was committed by Rudy Guede. It was his DNA on/in Meredith, it was his fingerprints/handprints in Meredith's bedroom, and I believe he was the sole perpetrator.

No one fed me anything from a PR machine. The testing of the knife was such that I did not have any confidence in the results once I learned the examiner in the lab fiddled (my word) with the equipment. The crime scene was compromised during processing.

My vote was and remains "Not Guilty."

I agree with you and I resent anyone trying to tell me that I've been spoonfed information. People who feel the two are guilty are quite often rudely dismissive of any evidence they don't agree with, to the point of not reading it.

I agree with you and I resent anyone trying to tell me that I've been spoonfed information. People who feel the two are guilty are quite often rudely dismissive of any evidence they don't agree with, to the point of not reading it.

Any thoughts on the purpose of hiring a PR Firm three days after Knox was arrested? Isn't the purpose normally to control the information that is released and to spin it a certain way? If information about the case has a spin on it, how can it be reliable?

Hope for Justice,
that the verdict lands on the side of truth, wherever it may lie:

From Homer, The Iliad

Give me, great Jove! to punish lawless lust,
And lay the Trojan gasping in the dust:
Destroy the aggressor, aid my righteous cause,
Avenge the breach of hospitable laws!
Let this example future times reclaim,
And guard from wrong fair friendship's holy name.

burning-candle-gif1.gif%3Fw%3D400

I haven't researched this case extensively, so I'm not going to comment about guilty or not guilty.

I will say that I believe the guilty verdict will be upheld. Another appeal will likely fail, and Sollecito will end up serving his time.

They will probably attempt to extradite Knox which will be a circus of its own.

I have the circus music all cued up and ready to go;)

:):)

Linda, I am very glad you are back on this thread! I saw you on here a long time ago, I believe when I first started following this one, and then you disappeared.

It's good to be back!
Thank you:)

What I was talking about were the uninformed masses. The ones that only know what they were told and would be hard pressed to name the victim. Or have read one book and called it a day.

I can respect anyone's opinion if it was reached by actually following the case & evidence. Most people, in my experience, don't follow cases like we do on Websleuths. I don't mean to offend those here that have reached a different opinion than my own. Here...I welcome others perspective even when I don't agree:)

Does not every person on the planet standing trial for murder have the same fear? What does it say about others when they take off and run?
First off we'll see if the European court upholds the conviction of calunia. My guess is that there was an obvious violation of Amanda's civil rights during the interrogation (not being afforded a lawyer while being an obvious suspect is just one way her civil rights were abrogated). The European court has been particularly harsh on Italy for violating defendent's civil rights. I suspect that this will just be another case where they reverse a gulity verdict. If the calunia verdict is thrown out, any guilty verdict for the murder will be in question because the entire confession would be inadmissable. My understanding is that only reason it was mentioned in this this trial is that it pertained to the simultaneous civil trial. I don't think anyone can deny that its mear mention probably has a prejudicial effect on the jury deciding the murder charges. Thus, if the European court finds that the way the confession was obtained violated Amanda's civil rights, it's not a stretch to see them ordering another trial for the murder where no mention of the confession could be made.
Secondly, she was sent to jail for culunia for 3 years not 4; therefore, even if she's guilty of culunia, she wrongfully served 1 year of jail time, if she is innocent of murder.
Thirdly, she is NOT like any other innocent defendent facing a murder charge. The Italian system has already been proven to be quite fallable in her eyes. Why should she trust them?

I think when people are referred to as spoon fed the pr spin, it reference to people who follow only what the media says without doing their own looking into it. It's very clear the media can make people believe one thing when another thing happened.

It's also clear that people on forums do actually look into the evidence and have made up their own minds. It's more reference to the masses.

Trust me I get tired of being called a guilter, hater, and whatever else too simply because I think they are guilty. I understand the feelings because trust me the rude dismissive behavior comes from both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member