Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was think recently about the manner that she was shot. The first shot was to head right above her right eye on the side of the road. To me, it indicates that her killers MO was execution style killings or she was shot after an altercation.

Usually with execution style killings the victim is in a position where they can't do anything (i.e. they are on their knees or their hands are tied behind their back.) The most common gunshots are to the top or back of the head. However, shots can be to the front of the head.

However, my theory: when I think of someone holding a gun to your face, it is usually to get you to comply with their request. This is why I think she knew the person that killed her. I think she could have stolen something or they had a domestic dispute and she was trying to get away from him. Along with the fact she was NOT sexually assaulted. It also seems like this was done in the heat of the moment--like after an altercation. Given this was done on the side of the road where passing motorist could have seen him. He also dragged her out to the field instead of dumping the body somewhere else. It seems to me like he panicked and didn't know what to do.

Does anyone know if there were signs of a struggle, like bruises on the arms, evidence she was hit or split knuckles? Also, if she was tanned, was there any indication that she wore an engagement or wedding ring? I know that sounds odd for her age, but I have heard of people being engaged at ages like 14. I am thinking the person who killed her could have been romantically involved with her. I haven't seen anything in the corner write up about this. Would this usually be included in the write up or would it be hard to tell considering she had been deceased for about 12+ hours?

We also know that she had no dental care (most likely). She also seemed to be from out of the area. She also has an A- blood type and most likely spent time in the southwest. What if she was from a migrant family? What would be some industry in that area that people of her demographic would come to that area for at that time?

I am going to see what I can dig up. I know a sociology professor that study human migration pattern. He could possibly give me some information on where to find historical migration data.

I was think recently about the manner that she was shot. The first shot was to head right above her right eye on the side of the road. To me, it indicates that her killers MO was execution style killings or she was shot after an altercation.

Usually with execution style killings the victim is in a position where they can't do anything (i.e. they are on their knees or their hands are tied behind their back.) The most common gunshots are to the top or back of the head. However, shots can be to the front of the head.

However, my theory: when I think of someone holding a gun to your face, it is usually to get you to comply with their request. This is why I think she knew the person that killed her. I think she could have stolen something or they had a domestic dispute and she was trying to get away from him. Along with the fact she was NOT sexually assaulted. It also seems like this was done in the heat of the moment--like after an altercation. Given this was done on the side of the road where passing motorist could have seen him. He also dragged her out to the field instead of dumping the body somewhere else. It seems to me like he panicked and didn't know what to do.

Does anyone know if there were signs of a struggle, like bruises on the arms, evidence she was hit or split knuckles? Also, if she was tanned, was there any indication that she wore an engagement or wedding ring? I know that sounds odd for her age, but I have heard of people being engaged at ages like 14. I am thinking the person who killed her could have been romantically involved with her. I haven't seen anything in the corner write up about this. Would this usually be included in the write up or would it be hard to tell considering she had been deceased for about 12+ hours?

We also know that she had no dental care (most likely). She also seemed to be from out of the area. She also has an A- blood type and most likely spent time in the southwest. What if she was from a migrant family? What would be some industry in that area that people of her demographic would come to that area for at that time?

I am going to see what I can dig up. I know a sociology professor that study human migration pattern. He could possibly give me some information on where to find historical migration data.

I said the same thing but I doubt there was a romantic connection considering that she showed no signs of sexual activity. Also, if it were a closer relative that killed her, then it would make sense why she was never reported missing. I also think the gun was disposed of since LEO was never able to track it down.

For clarity sake, there was no sign of sexual assault. There was no comment as to sexual activity. However presumably there was no recent activity or at least the question would have come up.

For clarity sake, there was no sign of sexual assault. There was no comment as to sexual activity. However presumably there was no recent activity or at least the question would have come up.

We don't know if she was or was not a virgin. However, she could have been a virgin who was fooling around with a boyfriend.

Not to be too graphic, but if she performed oral sex on a guy before her death, semen would show up post mortem in her mouth, right?

We don't know if she was or was not a virgin. However, she could have been a virgin who was fooling around with a boyfriend.

Not to be too graphic, but if she performed oral sex on a guy before her death, semen would show up post mortem in her mouth, right?

There is really no way to truly prove if someone has had sex or not or is a virgin. Not everyone has a hymen. Girls who are active in sports etc. usually lose it. As for oral sex, it may or may not show up in her mouth, throat, stomach contents. Depends. I would imagine they tested though.

Okay, I am a little confused by the current conversation. We know there was no signs of sexual assault, so rape was apparently not a factor in her death. Other than that I do not understand why her sexual activity is a factor that needs such in depth discussion.

Okay, I am a little confused by the current conversation. We know there was no signs of sexual assault, so rape was apparently not a factor in her death. Other than that I do not understand why her sexual activity is a factor that needs such in depth discussion.

I think it was more about figuring out if this was someone she was intimate with (known suspect, spouse, etc.) or not.

Helen Marie Green does now have a NAMUS profile. On her DNA status it says samples submitted, tests not complete, however Roselvr and I have been working with her family and we do know her status needs updated as the tests are complete. We have shown the Green family Cali's photo and they do not feel Cali is Helen. The last known photo of Helen was taken before she vanished in 1971, which is several years before Cali was murdered, so I have submitted the information to M. Burgess for comparison.

I spent a lot of time banging my head against this brick wall called 1UFNY aka "Calie" and am glad to see that she is not forgotten!

I am also glad to see that there's been an updated pic for her. I had always believed that her nose was not all that turned up, that the turned "upness" of the nose started based on them building her pic on the post-mort pics in which she was in a recumbent position.

I still wonder if my original gut reaction theory on her case would hold water: that the girl had been the subject of an earlier non-custodial parental kidnapping. When the child later ran away or went missing, my guess was that the non-custodial parent beat it rather than risk showing his or her true hand by reporting the child gone. Meanwhile, the parent from whom she had been taken from is still thinking that their child is out there somewhere, an adult who may one day be found, not a tragic Jane Doe in some far flung cemetery.

Another anniversary date is coming up for her...I hope that THIS year, maybe at last, there will be an answer and a name.

Odd case--the unknown victium had some income to get her hair "frosted" and possibly near a beach area for her tan lines..yet her teeth were badly neglected...must have hurt painfully...

Remember; in the 1970's there were kits sold in the stores for frosting. There was a cap that you put on, a hook that you used to hook up strands of hair and pull thru the holes in the cap.
Then you slathered on this gunk and hoped for the best. Her frost job looks like it may have been a home done job.

In CA, the heat of summer goes right thru Oct. It is just awful; highs in the 90's so yeah, she would have been still hitting the beach right up to when ever it was she left to go east.

Patricia Chesher and Helen Green now both show as rule outs for Cali. Helen being ruled out came as no surprise, her family had already told us that she was not Cali, we just had her ruled out to make it official.

BINGO!
I think this is Cali!!!

Tammy Jo Alexander

5707f71d-7803-40da-ae8c-708df94c2ae5.jpg
a7f82610-6d89-4d17-874a-8e17a335b745.jpg

Just added to NamUs today.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24778/0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online