Santa Clara girl abducted & similiar abductions time/area to Anna's disappearance.

So Russell could have just been a "ride" to CA? DO we know what Margaret was doing while still in PA? Was she working? Maybe Russell was a co-worker? What year did Margaret go to CA again?

So Russell could have just been a "ride" to CA? DO we know what Margaret was doing while still in PA? Was she working? Maybe Russell was a co-worker? What year did Margaret go to CA again?

"Russell" was described by the Kukoda family member as a "boyfriend", but memories of a relatively inconsequential event from sixty-plus years ago are understandably sketchy. We do not know what Margaret was doing in PA before the war but it would make sense that she was a nurse there also. (She continued on as a licensed nurse for a few years after the war until her license was revoked for her legal issues.) I believe that she came to California in either 1942 or 1943 to work as a nurse at Letterman Naval Hospital.

I thought I may have been on to something...Then again, most likely not...

In June of '73, an 11 year-old girl and her 9 year-old brother were offered $2 each to help a man post handbills on cars in parking lots near Mission Hills. The man, described as being in his 40s-50s with graying hair, dropped off the boy in a parking lot and took off with the girl. She was found a day or two later, drugged, beaten and raped. She survived the attack. The rapist was identified as Robert Lee Ray, who also had a long list of aliases. He was arraigned in October, with a court date of November 13th---right before Karen H was kidnapped.
Ray had a criminal history going back to 1940, including arrests for auto theft and indecent exposure. He also had a lengthy record of sex offenses.
He had married a woman with six kids shortly before kidnapping the Mission Hills girl, and was facing charges for attempted rape of his four teenage step-daughters.

There's nothing else after the October article, just like there's nothing on Sharp/Knapp before the Michelle H kidnapping.

I thought I may have been on to something...Then again, most likely not...

In June of '73, an 11 year-old girl and her 9 year-old brother were offered $2 each to help a man post handbills on cars in parking lots near Mission Hills. The man, described as being in his 40s-50s with graying hair, dropped off the boy in a parking lot and took off with the girl. She was found a day or two later, drugged, beaten and raped. She survived the attack. The rapist was identified as Robert Lee Ray, who also had a long list of aliases. He was arraigned in October, with a court date of November 13th---right before Karen H was kidnapped.
Ray had a criminal history going back to 1940, including arrests for auto theft and indecent exposure. He also had a lengthy record of sex offenses.
He had married a woman with six kids shortly before kidnapping the Mission Hills girl, and was facing charges for attempted rape of his four teenage step-daughters.

There's nothing else after the October article, just like there's nothing on Sharp/Knapp before the Michelle H kidnapping.

Is this the Mission Hills near San Diego?

No, LA. Ray lived in Canoga Park. It appears, however, he had ties to Alameda in the mid- to late-60's. I'm trying to find more info on that now. (He claimed to be a TV writer, for such shows as "Gilligan's Island". That was untrue, but he was a member of the Writer's Guild in the '60s).

There is a Mission Hills in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles very near Canoga Park. Coincidently, I lived in Mission Hills back in the late 1980's. Mission Hills is also very close to Northridge where Annasbro received his BA.

Concerning Ray's alledged involvement with Gilligan's Island. It is common for writers to be involved with a project yet not receive an onscreen writing "credit".

Investigators spoke to Sherwood Schwartz, the producer of the show, who denied that Ray had any involvement in the writing for the series. He joined the Writer's Guild in '65 while working for something called the California Institute for Better Living, but was suspended for failure to pay dues. He was reinstated to work on one script, but was again suspended in '72 for failure to pay dues again.

I spoke with the tipster who had received the pics of Sharp/Knapp that I sent in the mail. She says this is not the man who visited her home back in 1976.

I spoke with the tipster who had received the pics of Sharp/Knapp that I sent in the mail. She says this is not the man who visited her home back in 1976.
I am really heartened that she remembers the face well enough to make that statement, even if (especially if) this isn't the man.

She must have a remarkable memory, if she surely doesn't recall Sharp/Knapp, I wonder what details she does remember?
Height:
Hair/colour/style:
Approx. age?
Clothing... sounds like alot but she sounds as tho she does have some memories.
No one else in the town would have known about this man? Did the tipster have neighbours?

Anyway of asking her SherlockJr?

Ok--guess what? There was a Robert Russell born in Dec 22, 1893 in Massachusetts, who died in CA in 1981.

I also found a Robert Russell born Aug 1919, from New York, who died in 1980 in Brevard, FL

I don't know if this means anything at all, but maybe George was a friend of Roberts?

I just realized something---didn't Margaret used to call Brody Bobby? Robert---Bobby???

Ok--guess what? There was a Robert Russell born in Dec 22, 1893 in Massachusetts, who died in CA in 1981.

I also found a Robert Russell born Aug 1919, from New York, who died in 1980 in Brevard, FL

I don't know if this means anything at all, but maybe George was a friend of Roberts?

I just realized something---didn't Margaret used to call Brody Bobby? Robert---Bobby???
Yes, she did call him Bobby. In answer to your questions on the new thread, Doogie has put together some approximate dates, based on old San Francisco records, but really we know very little about how Margaret and George met, or how, or where.

Just to let the people know that have worked with Dr. Cecil Wingo, Cecil passed away 2/2/2009. He was a good man,father,grandfather,son,husband and will be missed. God bless you Dr. Wingo, and prayers to his family.

The Brown Family

My condolences to his family and friends. Dr. Wingo did not post often but his posts were memorable and appreciated. He has been a great help in our search. Rest in peace.

My condolences to Dr. Wingo's family and friends. May God watch over him on his journey.

Our condolences to Dr. Wingo's family and friends as well. As Doogie posted he didn't post much, but his posts caught my attention and I eagerly waited a reply...

I'm sure he was as special to his RL family as he was to us here at WS, and his family finds some peace in knowing how he touched us strangers through his grace and kindness even with few words.

Cubby

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back