TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what may have happened is CPS said, 'Hey, we're removing him' -- for such-and-such reason (but I think it's big). And various relatives were considered as that would be preferred rather than a foster home. So maybe CPS and the family worked together to find a place that suited both of them. MOO

I think there could be a lot of reasons for CPS involvement. What I find more alarming is the fact that it was made a public announcement - seems indicative of something bigger on the horizon. It would have been very easy to have him stay with relatives or move elsewhere without any press release. Billie had already announced that he was living with family in Snyder, so he wasn't staying with her full time these days anyway (if what she said was true). The announcement means something, imo, and I think it's a development in the case that does merit discussion.

A reliable source told Bigcountryhomepage.com that the family of Hailey Dunn is being investigated by Child Protective Services. CPS said it cannot confirm that information.

The missing girl's mother, Billie Dunn, said her 16-year-old son is currently staying with relatives in Snyder.

In many cases, CPS works with parents to find alternative housing while an investigation takes place,

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333156

fer real? first I have heard of it... ever! ((especially when the parent missing the child was cleared))

sits on hands but the rest of the post would have fit right in there

not to quote my own self but BD's statement that her son has merely left to stay with family does not corroborate with him being placed by the state...

fwiw

KTXS learned Wednesday that Hailey Dunn's older brother, DD, has been taken into temporary custody of the state's Department of Family and Protective Services.
Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer said it is common practice to remove a child when a situation like this occurs, just to protect David.
http://www.ktxs.com/news/26545922/detail.html

sorry but I am just seeing another "smoothing over" statement here... and sorry if that is outside of the realm of speculation at this time

I just jump over the fence. This new bombshell has me why????
It don't make sense the brother has family...like the GM , Uncles :waitasec:

I got a feeling everyone better hold on, put your seatbelt on, so you don't get hurt falling off your chair...Like I just did:eek:uch:

Not making sense to me WTH going on?

snip
Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer said it is common practice to remove a child when a situation like this occurs, just to protect DD.

Hmmm not a less the parents is a threat.

I could understand this if he was younger but something must had went down and the last few hours for this to happen. IMO

I wonder:banghead:

Why was THE UNCLE given a lie detector test to begin with?
Who flunked 2 then passed 1?
Why were they given so many?

What do you think?

I just jump over the fence. This new bombshell has me why????
It don't make sense the brother has family...like the GM , Uncles :waitasec:

I got a feeling everyone better hold on, put your seatbelt on, so you don't get hurt falling off your chair...Like I just did:eek:uch:

Not making sense to me WTH going on?

snip
Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer said it is common practice to remove a child when a situation like this occurs, just to protect DD.

Hmmm not a less the parents is a threat.

I could understand this if he was younger but something must had went down and the last few hours for this to happen. IMO

red by me

It would be common practice in cases like this when the custodial parent is a MAJOR suspect in a siblings murder. imo

IMO....perhaps DD shared with the LE...exactly what S was doing when he finally got into the house.....don't you think DD found it "odd"...with the "deer in the headlights look"???....Wouldn't you think DD would observe other "things" going on in the house after that?????.....and shared with the LE that information.....As I know of, there may be MORE to DD's account that we are not priviledged to know at this time....IMO

Somebody opened the door...TY! Daughter missing to the point that you call LE. Who in that house wouldn't check it out for any and everything? (long before any revelations) Things that are personal that only family would understand. The actual key to this is above IMO.

What was she wearing when we last saw her? ..are those clothes here

Did she bathe/shower...moist towels hung or thrown as only Hailey would do Mom did she use your razor or hers? (as a teen likely did every day)

Did she run away? ...what clothes/shoes/items are missing
(all 13 yr olds have favs of the moment regarding same within 1-2)

When was she last here....look in the kitchen for dishes left, in room if allowed, who ate what, if anything gone. Other than a bit out of cereal boxes, crackers, chips everyone would know.

How did she usually leave her room if packing to spend the night with a friend? again, items ALWAYS taken?

Simple, yes..but as part of a family unit everyone would ask themselves (except maybe DD) the same basic questions. Even if struggling with fear and shock, when staying in that same house you'd be searching, searching, and at least have some answers as to traces of her being there.

Gosh, I sincerely hope you KWIM. :crazy:

Hailey's Older Brother Taken Into Temporary State Family Protective Custody

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26545922/detail.html

IMO....because it is a bit out of the ordinary this early ....perhaps DD talked to LE and shared stuff that went on in the household....and the LE found from DD some "disturbing facts"...and stepped up his safety...IMO...

And I bet he is not with any of the immediate family either. If they are protecting him, they have to put him where no one will know where he is..

Coming together now:

- evidence at landfill
- looking at former friends/acquaintances of SA
- possible DNA collection from SA (speculation)
- DD taken into protective custody

LE is moving forward and tightening the circle here.

Regarding other possible former friends/acquaintances of SA - My tired little brain keeps going back to a couple of the folks that are friends of his on MS. Every time I think about one in particular and remember the types of things that I read on his page, I think, "There's your man if you ever need help covering up a crime." If this is the case, and SA did have help, that could definitely be good news for LE. Each additional person means one more mouth that might give up the story of what's happened to Hailey.

I have to say here that finally this country is STANDING UP against a child or adult being missing. Thanks to all of you who care about that unknown village child. Whoever found those videos of S Boy deserves a medal. Keep up the great work..

lol. You posted the same link I did to answer my question, but you quoted the TITLE of an article that said: taken into temporary custody

ADDING (again) the link to the NAME of that agency in TEXAS: http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Child_Protection/About_Child_Protective_Services/default.asp

Yes, but the TITLE does say 'protective'. And, just why would they remove him if it weren't to protect him? They don't remove kids from parents just for the fun of it. It usually is for the child's protection. That's their job and what they're all about.

In my profession, I have had to contact CPS twice on families. It's a big deal.

JMHO.

They would not take him unless BD is an even bigger suspect than I thought. Hmmmmm.....are we getting closer to an arrest/arrests???????

WE ARE SET AS FAR AS FOOD GOES FOR THURSDAY'S SEARCH TO FIND HAILEY.

NOW WE NEED YOU TO COMMIT TO HELP US FOR FRIDAY'S SEARCH. WE NEED FOOD DONATIONS AND SEARCHERS.

PLEASE CLICK [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6033410#post6033410"]HERE[/ame] FOR MORE DETAILS.

just my opinion.... but they had to have REASON to remove this child from BD

They could have had several calls of concern

I do wonder if it may have anything to do with the accusation that BD's friend submitted & posted on this board Re: the high school teacher

I also wonder if BD addressed that teacher...to protect her son, if BD did not, and someone else called authorities with any written/verbal accusations of possible abuse of a child... they would defintely check up on every call to ensure his well being

Hi, I hate to jump in. Please, someone tell me why the brother is being discussed?

Was it figured out who the 6 or 7 yr old was?

Thank you

The 16 yr old brother was taken out of the home by CPS today. There was one report that he was placed in his grandmothers care in Snyder, but I think that was coming from BD so...who knows.

The 7 yr old might be the son of Clints gf. I am still wondering if perhaps CZ was trying to hint to us that her 7 yr old's father, her ex bf, might have a motive to get back at Clint somehow.

Somethings up!! JMO
I just keep thinking how they never took Haleigh C.'s little brother

And I bet he is not with any of the immediate family either. If they are protecting him, they have to put him where no one will know where he is..

Plus doesn't the state only place minors in a home that has already been approved by their agency (ie...protective)... States wouldn't place minors with relatives unless they had done their own "home study" on that home and had approved it...which can take a while. That's what I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth