Identified! Canada - Regina, SK, WhtMale 720UMSK, 20-30, hit by train, Jul'95 - Michael Kirov (Lewis)

The patch has a crown at the top, a gold wreath, and I am pretty sure that is a "C" in the middle of it.

I think David Nixon is a very good possibility. He was a native of Canada, his vitals are very close to JD's (5'10, brown hair/blue eyes), a little on the older side but not out of the question. I also think there is a striking similarity to the almond shape of the eyes, strength and shape of the jaw, and slight angle of the nose. The second picture to the left at the following link best shows this.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/230dmon.html

Case File 230DMON

Left: Nixon, circa 1984 Right: age-enhanced by 22 years

David Nixon
Missing since July 6, 1984 from Hamilton, Ontario Canada.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: February 10, 1961
Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10; 150 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown curly hair, usually worn short; blue eyes. Nixon occasionally wears eyeglasses.
Medical Conditions: Nixon had a past history of depression prior to his disappearance; however, he was not anxious at the time he vanished in 1984.
Dentals: He never had dental work done. His teeth were in good condition at the time of his disappearance.
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: mtDNA Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Nixon was last seen leaving his residence in Hamilton, Ontario Canada on July 6, 1984.
At the time of his disappearance, David Nixon was living on his own but would visit his family on an almost daily basis. On July 6, 1984 David visited with his mother but left the family home around 11:00 a.m. David's uncle ran into David in downtown Hamilton near King and James Streets. His uncle invited him for coffee but David declined saying that he was meeting someone and was already running late. He then walked westbound on King Street West from James Street.
There was some speculation that David may have travelled to England to visit with a female friend that he had been exchanging letters with. David had left unexpectedly once before to visit British Columbia. Upon his arrival, David contacted his family. David had a very good relationship with his family and it is very uncharacteristic for him to not be in contact with them.
David was a religious person who would often read the bible. He also received and read literature from the World Wide Church of God in British Columbia. He had worked in retail sales, pizza delivery, manual labour type positions and had sold Amway products at one time.
He spent time on the west coasts of Canada and the United States in 1982. The Nixon family has travelled across Canada in search of David. They believe that David has been the victim of foul play.
-------

I know there are issues with this, such as if his finger prints are on file in Canada and JD's were already crossreferenced to those in Canada why was this missed? Not sure if this has been brought up as a possibility, just putting it out there to see what others thought.

Thanks, I think the problem with David Nixon as a match is he went missing in 1984 and this man was killed in 1995. That's ten years of being gone without contacting his family and his family said that would be extremely uncharicteristic of him. His family believes he met with foul play and I might have to agree considering he never made contact and he was on his way to meet somebody. Unfortunately, that's what I would speculate.

Anyhow thanks for the leads. I have submitted a good lead to the cold case detective and will post when I get a reply. I really think it may be him so we'll see.

Thanks, I think the problem with David Nixon as a match is he went missing in 1984 and this man was killed in 1995. That's ten years of being gone without contacting his family and his family said that would be extremely uncharicteristic of him. His family believes he met with foul play and I might have to agree considering he never made contact and he was on his way to meet somebody. Unfortunately, that's what I would speculate.

Anyhow thanks for the leads. I have submitted a good lead to the cold case detective and will post when I get a reply. I really think it may be him so we'll see.

I would tend to agree, however David Nixon had been known to be depressed in the past and this may be indicative of other underlying psychological issues that might have prompted him to leave, there was also speculation that he had traveled to England after his disappearance which suggests that there were those who at very least entertained the probability that he left of his own volition. He also had a history of taking off and returning without informing his loved ones. Recently a woman long thought dead, over 40 years I believe, was located by her relative alive and living in another state. It does happen that people leave and do not contact their loved ones perhaps a reason for why there are still so many unidentified persons. In any case I would still hope that he be submitted as a possible match, it couldn't hurt.

As for your submission, I also thought about Allan Kelley Matheson as a possibility and was searching for his listing when I came across David. Good luck, hope you hear back soon!

I would tend to agree, however David Nixon had been known to be depressed in the past and this may be indicative of other underlying psychological issues that might have prompted him to leave, there was also speculation that he had traveled to England after his disappearance which suggests that there were those who at very least entertained the probability that he left of his own volition. He also had a history of taking off and returning without informing his loved ones. Recently a woman long thought dead, over 40 years I believe, was located by her relative alive and living in another state. It does happen that people leave and do not contact their loved ones perhaps a reason for why there are still so many unidentified persons. In any case I would still hope that he be submitted as a possible match, it couldn't hurt.

As for your submission, I also thought about Allan Kelley Matheson as a possibility and was searching for his listing when I came across David. Good luck, hope you hear back soon!

I knew Kenley Matheson and would much like to have him found, but looking at the reconstruction of John Doe I don't really see a resemblence and my gut feeling is this is not him. I do realize he was hit by a train and it is only a reconstruction photo, but even the guy who apparently travelled with JD said it was an acurate likeness of him.

Rhyno, what makes you think it's not him? Just a feeling? I submitted him as the most recent match. I was hoping it was him. There is no other men listed in Canada who dissapeared around that time. I am at a loss if it's not him.

Rhyno, what makes you think it's not him? Just a feeling? I submitted him as the most recent match. I was hoping it was him. There is no other men listed in Canada who dissapeared around that time. I am at a loss if it's not him.

Hi Danaya,

Mostly I am going on the reconstruction. I have looked at him as well as a few others as possible matches for Kenley. The way he is dressed, the suicide, I just don't think that would be him. And don't get me wrong, you could be correct and this is him. I wasn't extremely close to Kenley Matheson. We went to the same high school and had mutual friends in the same small town. I believe Kenley is somewhere close to the Annopolis Valley where he dissapeared from. Either foul play was involved or he went for a hike in the woods and hasn't been found. Again I have abosolutely no proof of this, just gut feeling.

Please keep us updated when you hear back from LE. Closure for both cases would be great.

Thanks Rhyno, I do hope closure comes for both cases. I will post when I hear back from LE. Like I said if it isn't him I will have to start looking over seas or posting bulletins on community websites. Maybe he was never reported missing. Thanks for your time.

Thanks Rhyno, I do hope closure comes for both cases. I will post when I hear back from LE. Like I said if it isn't him I will have to start looking over seas or posting bulletins on community websites. Maybe he was never reported missing. Thanks for your time.

Yeah its unfortunate how many people are not reported missing or LE refuses to make a missing person report. And thank you for keeping this thread going. It is unfortunate that there is not more information to go on. The Kenley Matheson case I find especially frustrating. So little information, his website is no longer up. I wish I was closer to more people who knew him to get more information and their theories on what happened. I know up until the last few years LE in Wolfville still go back and do ground searches in the area where he was last seen.

In regard to the small number of men his age that were reported missing around that time, if you go to the Ontario Provincial Police website there are so many young men still unidentified from the late 80's and early 90's, and when you search for matches there are so few missing that match up to the time frame, description, etc. Its very frustrating. The unidentified section is very graphic if you visit it, but there are just so many good looking (so to speak), clean and shaven, well nourished young men, it blows my mind that no mother, father, sister, etc is looking for them. I think that for many they were never reported missing. Hopefully I am making some sense here :waitasec:

Rhyno, I have seen the OPP website and been to their news feed website. I can't go to the graphic websites because I get nightmares easily and it just disturbs me to see those things. I have to be in the right frame of mind to view them, it's just so depressing!

So was Kenley last seen in a wooded area? It said he went missing downtown Wolfville so I imagined him being seen at a bus depot or something, maybe he was on his way out.

Rhyno, I have seen the OPP website and been to their news feed website. I can't go to the graphic websites because I get nightmares easily and it just disturbs me to see those things. I have to be in the right frame of mind to view them, it's just so depressing!

So was Kenley last seen in a wooded area? It said he went missing downtown Wolfville so I imagined him being seen at a bus depot or something, maybe he was on his way out.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightCanada/index.php?showtopic=959

I found a bit of information on the Porchlight website. It has some old news stories from a few years ago. Likely as much detail as there is regarding the case.

Thanks... one report says he was last seen walking along a highway. Maybe he was hitchiking unless he was walking to school. If he didn't drive then he could have been hiking but if he drove you think he'd drive his car to the destination. The fact that he was last seen wearing a backpack makes me think that he was on his way to class but he lived at residence so that doesn't make sence. He might have been hitchiking or out looking for a hiking trail...

Thanks... one report says he was last seen walking along a highway. Maybe he was hitchiking unless he was walking to school. If he didn't drive then he could have been hiking but if he drove you think he'd drive his car to the destination. The fact that he was last seen wearing a backpack makes me think that he was on his way to class but he lived at residence so that doesn't make sence. He might have been hitchiking or out looking for a hiking trail...

At Acadia University it can be a bit of a walk from the residences to class so he could have been heading to class. Where it says he was last seen walking on a downtown highway, i would guess it would be Main Street which is also Highway 1. Downtown Wolfville is pretty much only one small strip of Main St. and this is very close to the University. But who knows where he went from there?

That John Doe went missing in 2005 and the suicide victim died in 1995.

Rhyno do you know if there is a bus station? If not then it could be very possible he met with foul play... :(

Rhyno do you know if there is a bus station? If not then it could be very possible he met with foul play... :(

I dont remember a bus station per se in Wolfville, but the the Acadian Lines buses stop there. If I remember correctly the drop off was at a little convenience store. Acadian Lines has many stops throughout the Maritimes, so you can connect to other bus lines such as Greyhound. They also used to have a local bus system at that that time that would take you to the various other communities in the area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back