IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eileen, where did you see LE saying the reason he is still involved is because it was on his property? I haven't read that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way it's worded.
Involved with the investigation....
with is the key word.

Sorry my bad I forgot to add imvopo

RL is not the bad guy here.

And yet a murderer still walks free while an old man will probably die in prison who had the horrific unfortunately to have two beautiful young girls murdered on his property.
RL is paying a harsh price for his mistakes and people are still IMHO spending time trying to convince others he is still a suspect.Didn't LE just say he wasn't a suspect?

Respectfully, I don't see anyone "trying to convince" anyone of anything. If you feel that way then I don't know what to say except maybe you think some have mind control over you via these posts? I don't think there's anything wrong or amiss about a person saying what their belief is given the info they have before them. I will most definitely perceive some of this information about the case differently than you and others....but "trying to convince???", nope. That's the prosecutor's job.

He will have to complete one third of his sentence before he can ask for parole. At least in MI that's how it is.

For his class felony in Indiana it appears he can apply after one half of his sentence. moo

i think tricia just gave us clarity.

Well, it remains unclear to me. I can see no difference between what we're allowed to do, even though LE has repeatedly said RL is not a suspect in the murders, and what we would be allowed to do if, in fact, LE had said RL is a suspect in the murders. In both cases, we'd have to say we don't know for sure and, therefore, it'd only be an opinion. I guess I have a hard time seeing any real limits to the sleuthing. Does that make sense? :eek:

Late to the game but I have to agree, his age and circumstances he 100% should be sentenced at home with an ankle monitor. My god our government let a terrorist from I think it was a plane bombing out early to go to his country due to age and health.
This was years ago.

Lockerbie bombing. They let him go home on compassionate leave. Gaddafi welcomed him home like a hero. So wrong.

Sometimes this thread reminds me a little of betting on a horse race. If the odds favour RL, I wonder how many of the 15000 have their eye on that $200+k reward?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheriff has said RL is not the suspect so if anyone phoned in tips that he was BG they won't be getting the reward. I wish the reward would entice a tipster who "knows" who BG is to come forward :phone:

The SW covered his home and buildings, too, not just his land where the crime scene was. IMO

LE would be negligent not to and imo should have been done day 1.
This man did not kill these girls.
All mo

RL is still on the table for discussion. His statements, his demeanor, his recent unrelated criminal case re drinking and driving (neither of which he was allowed to do by law), all fair game.

Same rule as yesterday, you can discuss him but may not accuse him. There will be no separate thread for RL discussion. Those who do not appreciate or wish to participate in talking about that property owner are free to scroll and roll.

If The rule changes you will be notified.

Agreed. Perhaps we should find out if RL can no longer be discussed? And if he cannot, so be it. If he can, then people will need to stop telling others what to post. Win win situation here.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Asked and answered IMO.

Scroll and Roll is often my go-to-guy. LOL

Well, in one of first posts in this thread it states that RL is not a POI. I'm not sure what that statement means any more, tbh.
No, it does not. It doesn't say poi or suspect. It days limited sleuthing is allowed. It says we cannot sleuth his family or friends. Nowhere in that post is POI mentioned. I was just clarifying the difference. A poi is just someone of interest to LE in an investigation. Doesn't mean that they are the suspect.

nin, i don't know the origin of the comparison photo in the rubber boots but could you tell me if it was altered to show similar mannerisms? i.e. the way he carries himself.
Think you mean to ask NIN? She's the whiz with the pics

The way it's worded.
Involved with the investigation....
with is the key word.

Sorry my bad I forgot to add imvopo

RL is not the bad guy here.

No prob! I honestly didn't know if that had been explained in an article.

I hear LE saying RL isn't a suspect in the deaths but he is still involved with the investigation. That to me suggests he may be involved in some way which is still considered criminal.

I don't necessarily think RL did it, but I understand why people want to continue to discuss him until LE clears him. They know the rumors circling around and have every reason to clear him, but they haven't. And there may be a reason why.

Well, it remains unclear to me. I can see no difference between what we're allowed to do, even though LE has repeatedly said RL is not a suspect in the murders, and what we would be allowed to do if, in fact, LE had said RL is a suspect in the murders. In both cases, we'd have to say we don't know for sure and, therefore, it'd only be an opinion. I guess I have a hard time seeing any real limits to the sleuthing. Does that make sense? :eek:

No, that doesn't make sense to me. Police issued a probable cause search warrant and continue to say he is involved with the investigation. If they were naming anyone else publicly like this, they would be open to sleuthing as well.

Still involved = SOC was on his property.
Is not a suspect = is not suspected of the murders.
AJMOO
not sure what SOC means

I don't think it's worth discussing quote marks. RL is not a suspect the Sheriff said. IMO RL will never be cleared because only a court can do that .e.g.when and if LE catch the murderer.

LE said at this time, so I can't have an opinion on information not given yet from that SW.

LE would be negligent not to and imo should have been done day 1.
This man did not kill these girls.
All mo

LE stated on SW day they were executing it based on tips, leads, and information developed since the murders, paraphrase. I don't believe that was the first SW served on RL's property but I'll have to look for confirmation. IMO

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

With the latest search warrant being served at the home of property owner Ron Logan we have decided to open up Ron Logan to sleuthing with these rules:

*Use his initials only (R.L.) or call him the land owner.

*This does not mean you can sleuth his family or neighbors.

*In the event you do discover something about someone else who happens to be connected to R.L. and you think
it is related to the case you must check with us before you post it.

* R.L HAS NOT BEEN NAMED A PERSON OF INTEREST. Please do not accuse him of the crime.

If you have any questions alert on any post and send us your question. Or you can send a private message to one of the mods.

To reiterate, You can now sleuth the land owner R.L. but ONLY R.L. No accusing R.L. or anyone of being the killer.

Thank you,
Tricia

RL is still on the table for discussion. His statements, his demeanor, his recent unrelated criminal case re drinking and driving (neither of which he was allowed to do by law), all fair game.

Same rule as yesterday, you can discuss him but may not accuse him. There will be no separate thread for RL discussion. Those who do not appreciate or wish to participate in talking about that property owner are free to scroll and roll.

If The rule changes you will be notified.

IMO it seems pretty clear and maybe a PM to either of these Admins would help clarify it for you?

JMO

No prob! I honestly didn't know if that had been explained in an article.

I hear LE saying RL isn't a suspect in the deaths but he is still involved with the investigation. That to me suggests he may be involved in some way which is still considered criminal.

I don't necessarily think RL did it, but I understand why people want to continue to discuss him until LE clears him. They know the rumors circling around and have every reason to clear him, but they haven't. And there may be a reason why.

His property was used for the dumping ground so he is involved , it doesn't mean he was involved in the murders or anything sinister.

No, it does not. It doesn't say poi or suspect. It days limited sleuthing is allowed. It says we cannot sleuth his family or friends. Nowhere in that post is POI mentioned. I was just clarifying the difference. A poi is just someone of interest to LE in an investigation. Doesn't mean that they are the suspect.

Is this what you're referring to from page one?

"* R.L HAS NOT BEEN NAMED A PERSON OF INTEREST. Please do not accuse him of the crime. "

Where is there any reference to his sweating out his PV? He wasn’t too scared going merrily on his way even having a beer while out and about.

How do you know what RL is inclined to do? His long record does not imply he is law abiding.

Why leave them on his property?

He thinks he is above the law.

He was drinking and didn’t consider the consequences- again.

moo,imo

He lied. So, he would risk abducting two young local girls and not only killing them on his property, but leaving them there, but would take the time to lie about driving a truck and going to a pizza place, or shopping for fish?

His long record does not involve any known crimes against children.

And based on 6000 billboards and the involvement of the FBI's BAU and briefings of Comey, I believe this crime is above and beyond a drinker who is dismissive of laws concerning alcohol abuses.

One thing I forgot to mention what I was discussing RL's poor choice of words and how it relates to my experience with my father:

RL's apparent lack of caring. Now I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but the statements he has made and even the statement he made in court today are odd, but not unusual for what could be a man suffering some cognitive issues, possibly brought on by the extreme stress, as I have mentioned before, along with other issues that we are not made aware of, i.e., medical issues, operations, and subsequent medications and their affects, etc. I can only speak from experience with my own family and my experience working Assistant to the Director for the Center for Aging in a hospital.

As my father's medical issues became more serious and my mother really began to suffer the ravages of losing her mind, my father went through pretty drastic personality changes as well as the difficulty in finding appropriate words when speaking (again, a word like disaster rather than tragedy and also repeating someone else's words so he didn't have to find the right one himself, like "was the area pristine?" "Yes, pristine.").

One of the hardest personality changes to handle was his apparent disregard for others. Everything began to be measured by how it affected him. He became the center of everything that happened so he judged it by its affect on his world, would did it mean for him. I could totally see my own father responding to the murders and feeling bad and all that but still actually say "what am I to do now, my home has been changed for me forever, my life will never be the same." These types of attitudes and statements were always shocking, even though we understood them, once explained by caregivers, but strangers were mortified at the things he would say, even regarding my mother - it was still about him.

These episodes were temporary, for the most part, but began to become more a part of him than not as time went on, because the stress never subsided. He was dying of cancer and my mother was never going to recover from Alzheimer's Disease, therefore there was no chance of the stress lessening.

I see only RL's stress is compounding in the months ahead so we may see more of this type of behavior.

IMO, then, based only on my opinion, I have not and am not taking too much of what RL's actual words to seriously as they sound familiar to me. Just putting it out there, moo, and all that.

BTW: My father and Ron Logan served together on the USS Monrovia stationed in the Mediterranean almost 60 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member