Family dog attacks Wash. baby two days in a row

capoly

Reaction score

CONCRETE, Wash. - A 9-month-old baby was attacked and severely bitten by the family dog in separate incidents on two consecutive days, and now deputies are recommending that charges be filed against the infant's grandmother.

.....There, they found 9-month-old Olivia DeZarn with multiple puncture wounds to the face, scalp and eye, along with a depressed skull fracture, where it had been bitten and chewed by the dog.

......But detectives also discovered that the baby had been bitten by the same dog less then 24 hours earlier, and that the first injury had required stitches to reattach part of the infant's ear.
http://www.2news.tv/news/53066532.html

CONCRETE, Wash. - A 9-month-old baby was attacked and severely bitten by the family dog in separate incidents on two consecutive days, and now deputies are recommending that charges be filed against the infant's grandmother.

.....There, they found 9-month-old Olivia DeZarn with multiple puncture wounds to the face, scalp and eye, along with a depressed skull fracture, where it had been bitten and chewed by the dog.

......But detectives also discovered that the baby had been bitten by the same dog less then 24 hours earlier, and that the first injury had required stitches to reattach part of the infant's ear.
http://www.2news.tv/news/53066532.html

my bold

Who in their right mind would have allowed the baby to be around that dog if it had attacked the baby 24 hours earlier? I am glad the Grandma is being charged for this she deserves being locked up just for being so stupid to allow this to happen the first time. And even more for allowing it to happen twice. And what about the mom where was she and why did she allow the baby over at Grandma's knowing the dog bit the baby the previous day?

Sorry, but I wanna punch grandma in the face. Her statement that Olivia "probably" got too close to the food bowl" is beyond ignorant. Why let a child crawl on the floor if you know that the dog is aggressive when it comes to food? That baby didn't sit there silently while the dog chewed on her. Where was grandma????!!!!

The picture of Olivia can't be a too recent picture because she's in intensive care now, doubt she would be smiling. Notice there are marks on her face there. Obviously this is something the dog has done more than the two times LE knows about or else she's been hurt by something/someone else.

It almost looks like cat scratches on her little face. God bless this baby, I hope she comes out okay from this. As for the parents and grandma, they should all be locked up for failing to protect this baby.

Aren't all animals that bite supposed to be investigated by aspca? Twice this dog did this??? I hope that baby is placed with someone who puts her before anything else.

Sorry, but I wanna punch grandma in the face. Her statement that Olivia "probably" got too close to the food bowl" is beyond ignorant. Why let a child crawl on the floor if you know that the dog is aggressive when it comes to food? That baby didn't sit there silently while the dog chewed on her. Where was grandma????!!!!

The picture of Olivia can't be a too recent picture because she's in intensive care now, doubt she would be smiling. Notice there are marks on her face there. Obviously this is something the dog has done more than the two times LE knows about or else she's been hurt by something/someone else.

Hi lizzybeth,

Yep, a few dozen :slap: for old GM lol Believe the picture of the baby was taken after discharge from hospital. She was in the hospital for 10 days.

Do have to shake my head on this:
The family says Olivia's prognosis is good, and that the severity of her injuries has been overstated.

Two days in a row the child received injuries, first to her ear then to her mouth, eye area and skull. :rolleyes: What dumbasses

Oh my. The mind boggles at people sometimes. There are a number of responsible choices that can be made when a family dog bites a child for the first time...."doing nothing" is not one of them.

I am glad the dog has been quarantined; perhaps now this little one will live to see her first birthday.

The claim that the severity of her injuries had been overstated is confounding - ear ripped off so that it requires stitches at first attack.....life-threatening injuries at second attack.....does this woman not speak the same language as the rest of us?

I'm cranky so this is probably going to be harsh....

Any person that places an infant in the same household, much less the same area as the dog, TWICE, should be b!tchslapped. WTH?? What the poor baby endured the first time was not enough to show that the animal cannot be around her the second time???

Fine the woman simply for painful body harming stupidity and this animal should be put down. I am not an advocate for such a thing normally, but the dog has shown it's ugly dangerous side. It can never be trusted with anyone again much less a child.

I cannot believe such a needless story that never, ever had to happen once much less twice.

I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback Lab mix. A sweet dog, but very neurotic. The slightest thing can turn her into a 60 pound juggernaut. One thing I've noticed about Rhodesian Ridgebacks is they play rough and bite when they play. Not hard enough to break skin, but it still hurts. Not a good breed to have around little ones.

The baby got "too close to the food bowl" How, and why!!!!!!!!! The dog is food protective, so feed it outside or in the basement. The baby is 9 months old, crawling and touching. The dog is aggressive, get rid of it or do not have your grandchild visit in your home.
I just do not understand. And two attacks! The grandmother saying that the media is overstating to the severity of the injuries is incredible.
Regardless of what injuries were suffered by this poor little one, any aggression on the part of a pet should be taken seriously. Very seriously. Wow. Just wow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back