GUILTY FL - Melvin Duclos, 3 wks, Jacksonville, 2 March 2010

NSC

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.news4jax.com/news/22722889/detail.html

POSTED: Tuesday, March 2, 2010
UPDATED: 10:02 pm EST March 2, 2010

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A 3-week-old baby has been kidnapped by someone posing as a Florida Department of Children and Families worker, according to DCF.
Police are search at a neighborhood in the 6200 block of North Ironside Drive on the Westside.
The neighborhood has been blocked off.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Surprisingly little info on this.

Scary, scary, scary. They need to release more information!

Praying for a safe return.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22722889/detail.html

POSTED: Tuesday, March 2, 2010
UPDATED: 10:02 pm EST March 2, 2010

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A 3-week-old baby has been kidnapped by someone posing as a Florida Department of Children and Families worker, according to DCF.
Police are search at a neighborhood in the 6200 block of North Ironside Drive on the Westside.
The neighborhood has been blocked off.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

I sure hope this isn't another hoax....those don't end happily :(

Prayers for LE that they find this baby any minute now & it's safe & unharmed.

Thank goodness I found this thread. Had no idea where to even look for it.

Thx for starting it, whoever did.

Statement/JSO presser now to be held on Blanding Blvd. any minute.

NO AMBER ALERT ISSUED THAT NEWS4JAX CAN FIND YET.

I sure hope this isn't another hoax....those don't end happily :(

Prayers for LE that they find this baby any minute now & it's safe & unharmed.

news4jax has used 26 of their 30 minutes in their first segment of their news broadcast, so I'd say NO HOAX.

Still no amber alert.

Age keeps changing - 3 wks, 3 mos, 3 yrs.

Lots of LE descending into neighborhood. [Iron Rd?] Neighborhood is blocked off to all traffic.

Watch news4jax.com for live streaming video.

Doesn't sound like a hoax, but it's got hinky written all over it.

news4jax has used 26 of their 30 minutes in their first segment of their news broadcast, so I'd say NO HOAX.

Still no amber alert.

Age keeps changing - 3 wks, 3 mos, 3 yrs.

Lots of LE descending into neighborhood. [Iron Rd?] Neighborhood is blocked off to all traffic.

Watch news4jax.com for live streaming video.

I was thinking "hoax" along the lines of Aveion Lewis & Eddie Salazar Jr's "kidnappings".

Those kidnappings were big fat lies.

Surprisingly little info on this.

They are waiting on spokesman from JSO [Chief Graham, chief of detectives for JSO.]

Command cnenter @ Blanding & DuClay.

Chief Graham should step out of command center on Blanding. Baby was taken by DCF imposter from parents in the yard.

Near OP/Clay Cty border.

Road is IRONSIDE [not Iron].

Searching the neighborhood.

Cause of delay - setting up; want to be deliberate and specific; dont' release too much, but not too little.

Door to command center just swung open behind reporter.

MY PREDICTION - SOME WHACK-O WOMAN WHO FAKED A PREGNANCY TO GET/KEEP A GUY & NOW NEEDS A BABY BECAUSE HE'S WONDERING HOW LONG A PREGNANCY LASTS.

Didn't someone else kidnap a baby before that acted like they were a DCF worker? Was that a fake kidnapping or real one? Off to find out....

Hopefully after the JSO presser, more information will be released. Also, I just checked all Jax news outlets and News4Jax is the only one reporting this so far. I hope the other outlets pick up soon.

Chief Rick Graham just got snagged by Jen as he drove through the neighborhood trying to get to the command center. [Didn't answer Jen's questions, but give her credit - she tried.]

John Hartly is w/Chief Graham. Hartly will be taking Graham's place when Chief G retires [this week?]

Reporter Scott Johnson - got initial info from DCF.

Baby missing as long as 3.5 hours. [back to 3 wks old]

Didn't someone else kidnap a baby before that acted like they were a DCF worker? Was that a fake kidnapping or real one? Off to find out....

I know there was one last year where the baby was taken by a woman posing as a immigration worker. The baby was found safe.

LFlorida, thank you so much for keeping us updated. You're doing a great job!

Hopefully after the JSO presser, more information will be released. Also, I just checked all Jax news outlets and News4Jax is the only one reporting this so far. I hope the other outlets pick up soon.

IMO, they are a little slow and behind in their news reporting capabilities in this town. Let's hope they do a better job on this case than the Somer Thompson case.

They should be releasing more info ASAP - every minute counts!

No other Jax tv stations have news at 10 p.m. [news4jax is not a net affiliate.]

On phone: John Harrell, DCF [State PIO for DCF] advises

DCF WILL NEVER COME UP AND JUST TAKE YOUR CHILD OUT OF YOUR HOUSE OR ARMS OR YARD. [Takes almost a year if no obvious reason.]

JSO called DCF.

Harrell will not give speciics because JSO is in charge. [NOT a DCF worker; DCF did NOT take child.]

HERE HE COMES:

CHIEF GRAHAM, Head of Detectives for JSO [very very serious if Chief Graham is on-scene at 10:30 pm]

PRESSER -

Asks if all media has arrived. Scott says no. Graham says:

Let's wait a few minutes until all media is on-scene. [carp]

Prepared stmt. Doesn't sound like he will take questions.

John Harrell of DCF ran the name given by abductor - no DCF workers by that name anywhere in the state.

Chief Graham is talking to Asst Chief; Dewayne Centerfit. Everybody there but Sheriff and undersheriff.

Have we got a confirmation that the baby is 3 weeks old?

I know there was some discrepencies in the age (3 weeks, 3 months, etc).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back