Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying as low as 80 feet 'possible'

India had said it would not have missed the plane if it had entered its airspace. However, its military was quoted in foreign reports admitting that there were a "few gaps" in the country's civil and military radar networks, but added that it would be "virtually impossible" for MH370 to have crossed into Indian airspace undetected.

Pakistan said the plane never came its way.

Kazakhstan, hypothetically the furthest the plane could have gone to, said it did not detect any "unsanctioned use" of its airspace on March 8.

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott, meanwhile, said his government had no information that the flight might have come close to Australia. In responding to Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak's request for Australia to take responsibility for the search in the southern corridor, which Canberra had agreed to, Abbott said the missing flight with 239 people on board was not detected by Australian radar networks.

Read more: MISSING MH370: EXCLUSIVE: Flying as low as 80 feet 'possible' - General - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/nation/genera...ow-as-80-feet-possible-1.518644#ixzz2wKaOKE7L

I made an error I want to correct. I wrote:

The plane NEVER even came close to Thai airspace in this period, so it's easy to understand why Thai military radar watchers wouldn't have paid any note to a commercial jet flying around Malaysia.

The rough estimate of the plane's known flight path from 1:22-2:15am actually has it crossing over the southern tip of Thailand near the Malaysian border. So the plane DID cross Thai airspace.

It's not shocking to me that neither Malaysia nor Thai military radar watchers reacted to a commercial plane flying through a known commercial corridor. It's sobering, for sure. It makes me think that the plane might have crossed into other countries' airspace and shown up on military radar without drawing notice as long as it was flying high and in commercial corridors.

Don't give up on the Northern arc possibility just because of radar nay-sayers!

Not sure that's so clear. Another option is that the 2 pilots were both coerced by a third party on the plane who got access to the cockpit; someone who also had aviation knowledge (even military aviation). That hasn't been ruled out just b/c investigators have not yet found any previous terrorist connection with any of the passengers. (They haven't found it with the pilots, either, yet they're still considering them.)

Don't forget the "credible" informant witness in a trial a couple weeks ago who testified that he delivered a shoe bomb to 5 Malaysians who wanted to use it to 'blow open a cockpit door.'

Thanks for this. I had totally forgotten about that.

Coincidence or directly related?

In the movies , they have us thinking they can control how powerful the explosions are to blow open doors and such.

Im willing to bet if they tried that on a cockpit door that they had some unwated EXTRA damage. :floorlaugh:

Could be why the plane seemed to fly erradically and could be why the other plane's person who supposedly contact them heard mumbling.

Derryn Hunch:10347891 said:

What credibility does The European Times have? This story is so bizarre it is making me think of purchasing a tin foil hat as well as a gas mask. JMOO

Still catching up on the overnights, but I had to post this before I get distracted by some other issue and forget :blushing:

If already cleared up, please forgive...

What is the deal with this story? Hoax?
It is a true mind *ahem* :scared: :eek: :scared:

TIA :seeya: and Good Afternoon all !

This is a fascinating article written by a pilot. He thinks that there was a fire, and the reason that the aircraft took a sharp left was to go to the nearest airport. He says,

We old pilots were drilled to know what is the closest airport of safe harbor while in cruise. Airports behind us, airports abeam us, and airports ahead of us. They’re always in our head. Always. If something happens, you don’t want to be thinking about what are you going to do–you already know what you are going to do. When I saw that left turn with a direct heading, I instinctively knew he was heading for an airport. He was taking a direct route to Palau Langkawi, a 13,000-foot airstrip with an approach over water and no obstacles. The captain did not turn back to Kuala Lampur because he knew he had 8,000-foot ridges to cross. He knew the terrain was friendlier toward Langkawi, which also was closer

There is also a fascinating Google Earth map in the article.

Now, I'm actually on the hijacking of some kind bandwagon, but this was a really good read and opened my mind to the *possibility* it was a fire and the plane is deep in the Indian ocean.

Source: http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

This is a fascinating article written by a pilot. He thinks that there was a fire, and the reason that the aircraft took a sharp left was to go to the nearest airport. He says,

There is also a fascinating Google Earth map in the article.

Now, I'm actually on the hijacking of some kind bandwagon, but this was a really good read and opened my mind to the *possibility* it was a fire and the plane is deep in the Indian ocean.

Source: http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

Would this have been in a location to see the plane?
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/585122/witness-says-he-may-have-seen-burning-malaysian-airlines-plane

Flying as low as 80 feet 'possible'

Great stuff. It would help if they would release all the altitude and speed information they have from the military radar and satellite pings. It sounds like investigators believe it is true that the plane climbed to 45,000 and then dove to the deck to re-cross the Thai/Malaysian peninsula as low as possible to avoid detection -- then re-climbed to cruising altitude after turning northwest away from Phuket.

That's terrifying. It sounds much like super-smart, advanced evasion to me.

Can anyone come up with a good reason why such super-smart, advanced evasion could not allow the flyer to evade detection and land somewhere near the northern or southern arcs?

Destroyer Kidd quits search for Malaysian airliner

http://www.navytimes.com/article/20...oyer-Kidd-quits-search-for-Malaysian-airliner

The Navy’s 7th Fleet determined that long-range naval aircraft are a more efficient means of looking for the plane or its debris, now that the search area has broadened into the southern Indian Ocean. Long-range Navy P-3 and P-8 surveillance aircraft remain involved in the search, Cmdr. William Marks, a spokesman for the 7th Fleet, said in an emailed statement.

I will be opening a new thread in about 10 minutes :crossfingers:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238411"]Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #10 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The thing that makes the most sense to me as of now, is that they wanted to do a "test run," and that is a scary thought.

For example, test getting onto the flights. Test getting shoe-bomb or whatever on the flight. Test getting into cockpit. Test the flying aspects of going undetected by radar. Test what kind of response different countries have in regards to seeing something on radar (will they shoot it down?). Etc..

And if it is something like Al-Qaeda, their ultimate plans are probably to target US. SO what if this was a test, done on a "test" airline - for the ultimate goal of next time hijacking an American airline, with American passengers?

Hijack some flight leaving from KL again, or Bangkok. Take the passengers and hold them hostage.

Scary thought.

I don't think the idea of a "test flight" is a bad theory, but I'd be fairly confident this could not happen in the States. I suppose, with refueling, the jetliner could go the distance. But after 9/11, if America saw a foreign jet, that wasn't on the radar and not communicating, traveling toward/into our airways, they'd have air defense up there and trying to communicate and ground the plane in tens of minutes, and likely shooting it down if they didn't get a proper response or the jet didn't comply!

If earlier discussion on flying low using too much fuel is accurate, I doubt that is an option that late into the 7 1/2 to 8 hours of fuel available, and still showing up that much later via radar or whatever it was showing up on.

The second report is simply outright FALSE:

The last satellite ACARS ping shows the position of the plane to be NOWHERE REMOTELY NEAR either the Maldives or Diego Garcia. It is physically impossible for the plane to have been in either place at 8:11 am on March 8. It is physically impossible for the plane to have landed or crashed in either location on March 8.

I'm not so sure. That arc is just a narrowed down (by investigators) portion of a ring or circle of distance from the satellite's position. The sightings in the maldives were around 6am and the final ping was around 8am (I think, somebody please correct me if I'm wrong). If you took that arc and continued around to the south it might be near enough to the maldives to make this a possibility (2 hours flight time from maldives to the distance ring). Hope this makes sense. I remember those sightings were reported very early on in the investigation, even before any confirmation that the plan changed course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson