NM NM - Albuquerque, WhtFem 25-35, UP2926, blonde, in motel room, Jun'91

"George Martinez" looks to me like it's written in oxidized magic marker - for instance as a kid or an employee might want to claim the property. When magic marker ages, it oxidizes and turns a kind of reddish brown. It sure could be a calculator but I can't confirm that of course.

I got it to where it shows the battery compartment a little better. It's the picture from the Doe Network, just filled in a little more to make up for the flash. I'm not going to post the picture because I don't know how and because I am suddenly very aware of copyright law.

Link: http://picasaweb.google.com/tmdj06/Does?authkey=Gv1sRgCPe0qO7kuJnKrQE#

When Norine went missing there were empty beer containers and cigarettes, just like with the UF, but a lot of suicides have alcohol involved.

My personal feeling is this UF is a better match for Norine than the Joel Rifkin victim, but maybe they have already eliminated this UID as a possible match. The whole George Martinez thing- I don't know. I do think it's interesting that on the table two of the beers hardly have a sip out of them. I wonder if someone was there with her before her suicide. She had a suitcase packed with clothes and personal care items. She had money with her. I'd be willing to bet that whomever George Martinez is- he broke her heart.

I've tried to figure out what the George Martinez name is written on. Even when you zoom in on the FBI site, you can't tell (or I can't at least).

I also thought of the Joel Rifkin victim when I saw Norine's case file. In my opinion that could be a match. Have they been compared?

Unidentified White Female

* Discovered on March 5, 1989 in Mercer County, New Jersey.
* She was a victim of homicide.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 18 - 30 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"-5'9"; 100 - 140 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Dirty blonde to light brown hair; blue eyes. Mole on left chin; 1' to 1.5" scar over left eye. Ear lobes scarred from piercing. Blood type A. HIV positive.
* Dentals: All teeth had been extracted except for 3rd molars which were incompletely erupted or impacted.
* Other: Her name may be Susie.
* DNA: Available.

Case History
The victim was murdered by Joel David Rifkin in March 1989. He picked her up in Manhattan’s East Village, NY at around 22:00. She was a drug addict and prostitute.
Rifkin beat and strangled her and then dismembered her body. To foil identification, Rifkin severed her fingertips and pulled her teeth with pliers, then jammed her severed head into an old paint can.
Rifkin drove the body parts across the state line to New Jersey, dropping the head and legs in the woods near Hopewell. Then he returned to Manhattan, pitching the arms and torso into the East River. On March 5, 1989, a member of the Hopewell Valley Golf Club in Hopewell Township, NJ found the can containing the victim's head near the 7th tee. Her legs were found in Pequonnock Creek, Jefferson Township, NJ on April 8, 1989. Match confirmed by DNA testing.
The case remained unsolved until Rifkin confessed in 1993.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/288ufnj.html

It's possible that isn't even a last name.
My daughter (teen) plays around with names all the time.

You have -MAR - which could be initials
what appears as a "t" could be a cross +
Then you have NE with either a 2 or a Z

I'm not sure the same person wrote "GEORGE"

It's possible that isn't even a last name.
My daughter (teen) plays around with names all the time.

You have -MAR - which could be initials
what appears as a "t" could be a cross +
Then you have NE with either a 2 or a Z

I'm not sure the same person wrote "GEORGE"

What if it says

GEORGE
MARNE?

Or George and then Marne at the bottom?

What if what appears to be a "t" is a cross - to symbolize death?
And the 2 is not a "z" but really a 2?

Maybe George is the name of the guy, maybe her name is Marne and she put the cross and 2 to symbolize that she too is meeting her maker - possible this George in the photo is deceased too?

My last thought is that the actual photo of her should be on her Doe page, next to the sketch.

Anytime I see something written in capital letters, I cringe.
It is almost impossible to make a handwriting match to block or all capital letters. So if they ever needed to make one for this case, it wouldn't be possible.
Don't think it would ever be neccesary, but it still makes me cringe.

The white rectangular object looks a bit like an OSOM card pregnancy test, although I'm not sure if they were available in 1991 or how to explain what appears to be a battery cover on the back, which a pregnancy test would not have, of course:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=...rd+pregnancy+test&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

You'd think, however, that would be mentioned in the report for this UID if she'd left out a positive pregnancy test before committing suicide. The presence of several different types of beer bottles suggests a possible BYOB ("bring your own beer") party in the room.

The white rectangular object looks a bit like an OSOM card pregnancy test, although I'm not sure if they were available in 1991 or how to explain what appears to be a battery cover on the back, which a pregnancy test would not have, of course:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&biw=1024&bih=574&gbv=2&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=osom+card+pregnancy+test&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

You'd think, however, that would be mentioned in the report for this UID if she'd left out a positive pregnancy test before committing suicide. The presence of several different types of beer bottles suggests a possible BYOB ("bring your own beer") party in the room.

She wanted to have fun before she died? That's what I'm thinking.
But wouldn't anyone be seen or heard coming and leaving?

Here is the link to the PDF where her photo is blown up as well as the table picture
PDF with pics http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/vicap/janedoe_albuquerque_nm2.pdf

I contacted Doe network and sent them the PDF as well as the 2 pictures.
I also uploaded the pics to my online album if anyone wants them

Jane with unidentified male

Table photo

Here is a direct link to the large sketch LINK

I should have looked a lot closer that photo before writing that early morning post.

NamUs link: https://identifyus.org/cases/2926

I agree. She should be identifiable. Here's a post about the case from a Facebook page. I thought this snippet about the man who rented the room was interesting, if true:

Cold Cases The Albuquerque Police Department Cold Case Unit is seeking your help in identifying the victim of an apparent suicide.

On June 6, 1991, the remains of an unknown female were found hanging from a shower spout in room 255 of the Super 8 Motel, located at 2500 University Boulevard NE in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

The medical examiner ruled her death a suicide.

The room had been rented by an individual named Eduardo Colin. Detectives eventually located Mr. Colin. Unfortunately, he had died of natural causes several years earlier. His ex-wife, along with another relative, were interviewed. Neither person knew the victim.

The victim is believed to be between 25 and 35 years old. She is either White or Hispanic. She is 5'7" tall and weighed 140 pounds. Her eyes are described as hazel or gray in color. She has curly, sandy blond hair. Her hair has also been described as reddish in color.

The victim was wearing a white, pink, and yellow colored "Trends" brand tank top. She was also wearing white denim "Guess" jeans, size 31. Her panties are described as black, green, purple, and pink in color, size M/6.

Several items were found in the motel room. These items include a blue wallet, blue purse, jewelry, and a suitcase containing woman's clothing. A small photograph of the victim and an unknown male was also found in the room. Photographs of these items are available for viewing at the Cold Case Photo Gallery.

Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Detective Rich Lewis at (505) 924-6095.

https://www.facebook.com/ColdCasesReopened/posts/689496634416203

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆