Theory #3: Other Stranger Abduction

I just recalled something that becomes more important within the new context of focusing on the Wild Man and his shack: Anna's school bus driver contacted me after the HMB Review article and stated that she recalled seeing "a couple" of white vehicles parked near the interesection of Purissima Creek and Verde Roads on the day that Anna disappeared. This is exactly where the Wild Man's shack was located. And recall that Craig Barrick saw two men travelling westbound on PC Road (away from the farm) in a white van. Craig then saw Anna playing in the front yard when he arrived, so Anna was not in the van when Craig saw it.

The Timeline of Relevant Events

12:20 pm - Anna arrives home by bus

Approximately 12:25-12:40 pm - School bus driver sees "a couple" of white vehicles parked near the Wild Man's shack

Approximately 1:45-2:05 pm - Craig sees two men heading away from farm in white van

2:10 pm - Craig arrives at farm and sees Anna playing in front yard

2:15-2:20 pm - Anna is discovered gone

Could the white van have been one of the vehicles parked near the shack that the bus driver saw? That would mean that the van travelled east (away from the shack and toward the farm) for some reason, then west when they were seen by Craig. Could this have been a "scouting run" and they immediately returned and abducted Anna?

I am just thinking out loud here - it is primarily speculation. However, it is curious that the bus driver identified some white vehicles parked at this suspicious location four months ago (I know that this location wasn't of interest at the time she mentioned it, and I do not believe that a "white vehicle" was mentioned in the Review's article - there are an awful lot of things matching up independently with this hypothesis.)

Here is a map to show the relationship between the farm where Anna disappeared and the Wild Man's shack. The school bus was heading southwest (away from the farm) when the driver saw the vehicles near the shack.

Attachments

• PC Road.jpg
    PC Road.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 248
Dr. Doogie said:
The paycheck stubs for Richard Speder indicate that he worked part time for an organization located in Montara (about ten miles north of Half Moon Bay) named “House of Affirmation”.

We may have missed the most obvious source of information on Speder. That is a Catholic organization right? What is the closest Catholic church to there? Does anyone have any contacts there? And would they be able to find out if Speder was on the church roll or if the priests know anything about him?
Many times the Catholic org. would give preference to hires of their own religion, esp. in sensitive positions- even if it was for lower level employment.
I don't know how forthcoming the priests would be if they knew why the inquiry was being made.

Can we find out if Stephen Keisle is still alive? It sounds like he was at one time in prison. Is he still there? If so, I think we need to talk to him. If he has said he liked little blonde girls maybe he'd be willing to say if he ever had contact with Anna. Depending on his health and prison status he might not have much to loose.

A clarification: I spoke again to the bus driver last evening. She said that she saw one white car (not a van) parked on Purissima Creek Road. She recalled it because seeing cars parked on the road was rare. The location was not exactly at the Wild Man's shack, but was west of the farm on PC Road about half way between the farm and the intersection with Verde Rd.

Annasmom mentioned last night that she believes that George Waters owned a white car in 1973.

InterestedNHelping said:
Just out of curiosity, where is the cemetery in relation to "The wild man's" house?
It was between the shack and Hwy. 1 (Cabrillo Highway). The property that the shack was on is next door to the cemetery.

Dr. Doogie said:
A clarification: I spoke again to the bus driver last evening. She said that she saw one white car (not a van) parked on Purissima Creek Road. She recalled it because seeing cars parked on the road was rare. The location was not exactly at the Wild Man's shack, but was west of the farm on PC Road about half way between the farm and the intersection with Verde Rd.

Annasmom mentioned last night that she believes that George Waters owned a white car in 1973.
Was it previously discussed what model car GW had at that time? For some reason I am thinking we discussed a VW or Volvo or I am just not thinking clearly? I am too tired to go searching out threads right now. I will check the threads a bit later. Sorry.

Is there any possibility there was any kind of insignia or writing on the car the bus driver saw?

Annasbro said:
It was a mid sixties, white vw squareback
In talking with Annasmom about this, she confirmed that he had a white VW squareback when the family still lived together. She was not sure what model he had in 1973 (Mazda?), but she knows that it was white also. The bus driver cannot recall what make and model she saw (it is an amazing feat of memory that she remembers as much as she does!).

It just dawned on me: when Joe Ford tried to provoke GW and Brody into saying something about Anna (while Joe was listening from the room next door in the hotel), he sent GW a letter saying that someone had seen a white car similar to his in the area around the time Anna disappeared. This was made up, just to get a reaction. Funny thing is... it was also true, it just wasn't known at the time.

Dr. Doogie said:
It just dawned on me: when Joe Ford tried to provoke GW and Brody into saying something about Anna (while Joe was listening from the room next door in the hotel), he sent GW a letter saying that someone had seen a white car similar to his in the area around the time Anna disappeared. This was made up, just to get a reaction. Funny thing is... it was also true, it just wasn't known at the time.
Actually, I don't think it was made up. It was just that lots of similar cars were seen around that time, and nobody saw the driver of the car Joe mentioned. I have in an early report which we took to LE that GW was driving a grey 1970 VW with the license plate ARH..had he traded in the white 60s VW squareback? Joe Ford would know, since he followed GW's car. Also, I thought that keys to a Mazda were among GW's things found at the hotel after his death.

Annasmom said:
Actually, I don't think it was made up. It was just that lots of similar cars were seen around that time, and nobody saw the driver of the car Joe mentioned. I have in an early report which we took to LE that GW was driving a grey 1970 VW with the license plate ARH..had he traded in the white 60s VW squareback? Joe Ford would know, since he followed GW's car. Also, I thought that keys to a Mazda were among GW's things found at the hotel after his death.
So now we need to know if, when and why he perhaps traded/sold the white VW...Exactly what he was driving at the time of Anna's disappearance...Did he trade cars immediately after Anna's disappearance?

A lot of questions!

I assume the car he was driving at the time of his death was taken by his family.

I also wonder if the Wildman or Richard Speder drove a vehicle regularly and parked it at the shack. Speder had to have a vehicle to go back and forth to work unless someone picked him up and returned him to the shack. What type of vehicle would they have driven?

mfmangel1 said:
So now we need to know if, when and why he perhaps traded/sold the white VW...Exactly what he was driving at the time of Anna's disappearance...Did he trade cars immediately after Anna's disappearance?

A lot of questions!

I assume the car he was driving at the time of his death was taken by his family.

I also wonder if the Wildman or Richard Speder drove a vehicle regularly and parked it at the shack. Speder had to have a vehicle to go back and forth to work unless someone picked him up and returned him to the shack. What type of vehicle would they have driven?
I don't have the answer to these questions, and I don't know if it is possible to get the answers...except that GW's brother probably took care of the car and whatever else (including expenses) was around at the time of George's death. He gave away the clothing and gave the files and personal papers to us.

Annasmom said:
I don't have the answer to these questions, and I don't know if it is possible to get the answers...except that GW's brother probably took care of the car and whatever else (including expenses) was around at the time of George's death. He gave away the clothing and gave the files and personal papers to us.

Annasmom, I also doubt if it's possible to answer these questions.
I guess I was just thinking out loud or typing "out loud". :( Sorry.

mfmangel1 said:
Annasmom, I also doubt if it's possible to answer these questions.
I guess I was just thinking out loud or typing "out loud". :( Sorry.
Omigosh, don't apologize! I am so grateful that you're putting your thinking to work on this big mystery.

Just out of curiosity, where is the cemetery in relation to "The wild man's" house?

I was just reading an interesting article on the Purissima Cemetery. It seems that the Shack is actually an old school house. The cemetery and the school house are the last remains of the small town. Read here:
http://www.sfgenealogy.com/sanmateo/smcempu.htm

We have some property that has an old run down cemetery & an old school house in the middle of the acreage. It has been rumored that our school house, used to attract run-a-ways in it many years ago. (Not important to the case, but interesting)

Also, here is a link of some pictures of the cemetery.
http://purissimacemetery.shutterfly.com/action/

One other thing. It appears that the woman who wrote the above referenced article did most of her research in 2005, though she collaborated with previous research of the cemetery. I wonder if any of the genealogist mentioned remember anything about someone who would have lived there. Her e-mail is listed. Maybe she's heard stories of the "Wild Man" from others who researched the cemetery before her. What do you think? Yes? No?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50
Back