Jason Young to get new trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it wasn't so sickening i'd say this had to be an april fool's joke.

After watching every day of testimonyin trial #2, I am convinced, beyond a reasonable doubt, that this <mod snip>, like Judge Stephens said -I paraphrase- beat his pregnant wife to dearth until he was too tired to hit her anymore. Even with the civil suits taken out of testimony, I am still convinced of his guilt (and his absolute lack of care, remorse, or any sense of personal responsibility).

If anyone has doubts, they can review the footage themselves. It is available on youtube.

That sounds like a murder out of rage. Crimes of passion aren't usually as planned out as they claim this murder was.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

But you are basing your opinions on inadmissible testimony. It is more important to me that everyone receives a fair trial. A Judge who has already determined he was guilty is going to be severely biased and this one was. Jurors are greatly influenced by the Judge's demeanor. I think this is the first trial I ever watched where a civil ruling of slayer was admitted as evidence. That's so over the top, it is sorta sickening to those of us who care about rights of due process.

I specifically mentioned that even without the testimony re: civil cases, I am convinced he is guilty so your assertion of me basing my 'verdict' on inadmissible testimony is incorrect - even if you took out ALL mention of that, I would vote to convict. Over and over again.

I care about due process as much as the next person and I concur that the civil matters should have been kept out of play. They will this time around.

The defendant always has the choice of testifying on his own defense. "Sadly" for this defendant, he already has testified - and everything he said them can and will be used against him once more.

I need to stop posting for a few. This is really spiking my blood pressure. Like some friends have said, if it wasn't so abhorrent I would liken it to an April's fools joke.

I'm all for a fair trial, HE GOT ONE!!! As a matter of fact, he GOT TWO!

The Court doesn't agree with you nor do I. Sometimes mistakes are made and this is one of those cases.

The Court doesn't agree with you nor do I. Sometimes mistakes are made and this is one of those cases.

MyBelle, That's fine, and I respect your opinion, but I also respect mine. Hugs sweetie.

I specifically mentioned that even without the testimony re: civil cases, I am convinced he is guilty so your assertion of me basing my 'verdict' on inadmissible testimony is incorrect - even if you took out ALL mention of that, I would vote to convict. Over and over again.

I care about due process as much as the next person and I concur that the civil matters should have been kept out of play. They will this time around.

The defendant always has the choice of testifying on his own defense. "Sadly" for this defendant, he already has testified - and everything he said them can and will be used against him once more.

I need to stop posting for a few. This is really spiking my blood pressure. Like some friends have said, if it wasn't so abhorrent I would liken it to an April's fools joke.

I didn't say you weren't entitled to your opinion. I just feel your opinion is based more on emotion than evidence and that's okay. Neither the first trial (mistrial) or the second trial (guilty) proved opportunity. The testimony allowed in the second trial was an act of desperation by the prosecution. I was shocked the Judge allowed it. The higher court was doing it's job in ordering a new trial.

There is no credible evidence of opportunity and I can't conclude guilt without proof of opportunity.

JMO

I was hoping it was an April Fool's joke, knowing how jason was such a prankster! (sarcasm)

Thank goodness the daycare stuff stayed. They didn't even have that in the first trial did they?

I really am not that surprised.......although I was hoping he wouldn't get a new trial. That appellate attorney for the prosecution didn't even really convince me. Just the same......this has ruined my day.

Does anyone think the <mod snip> will get bail?

I was hoping it was an April Fool's joke, knowing how jason was such a prankster! (sarcasm)

Thank goodness the daycare stuff stayed. They didn't even have that in the first trial did they?

I really am not that surprised.......although I was hoping he wouldn't get a new trial. That appellate attorney for the prosecution didn't even really convince me. Just the same......this has ruined my day.

Does anyone think the <mod snip> will get bail?

I think bail is possible but don't really know. It's great the daycare stuff stayed. They didn't use it in the first trial, iirc.

I saw and heard all I needed to in JY's trial to have voted a strong GUILTY had I been on that jury. I would not have given in either.

MOO

The daycare stuff, didn't CY have a female doll attacking the mommy doll?

The daycare stuff, didn't CY have a female doll attacking the mommy doll?

I think so. It came six days after the murder so if she made any other comments to others such as her dad, family, friends it will probably also be allowed at retrial. I've always held the opinion the little girl should have been interviewed by a professional to see what she observed. Cops really dropped the ball there, imo.

Is there a chance JY could make bail? Didn't he the last time between trials 1-2?
I followed this and the Cooper case and I can see possible plea deals coming down the road.

OMG. I didn't think about bail. Yes, he was out before and during his last trial. Oh no. Mama put up bond for her baby boy before. Surely if she can, she will this time.

If you ask me, he's a flight risk.

And if he does get out, which he probably will, I hope to god he doesn't get to see
CY!! That poor child.

Yes, giving it a spanking.

So how was this used as evidence against him? Shouldn't that be evidence the murderer was possibly female?

I think this was included so that the jury would make an emotional decision and not a logical one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member