Trial - Ross Harris #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kilgore then asks whether the couple had been planning a family cruise with Harris's brother.

This was something that was really important to him. ... His recollection of family vacations during his childhood, he didn't have very many. He didn't want it to be like that for Cooper.

Do you have any recollection of whether this was somethign you had discussed with your brother- and sister-in-law?

We did. ... They have a family of six.

At Kilgore's request, she identifies them as Michael and Amy Baygents.

Do you have any knowledge about whether Ross was talking to a travel agent about a cruise?

I don't. There's just so much -- some details that I've lost.

The pics on arriving- because a loving mom needed to know her son was OK emotionally, nothing to do with doubting Ross.

Cooper fell asleep quickly after eating, even when he wasn't in the car.

She said Harris sent her a photo of Cooper sleeping from day the week before Cooper's death.

Leanna says Cooper was comfortable in his car seat and slept easily.

Questioning then turns to Harris's habit of photographing Cooper when he delivered him to daycare each day. Taylor says she took him one day and tried to get a picture of him but he was moving around too much. She says she later told her husband that she understood things were different now -- Cooper was more mobile than before and harder to capture -- and he didn't have to keep taking photos of him.

This was an important point during the prosecution's case-in-chief. Witnesses pointed out that, just weeks before Cooper's death, Harris stopped taking daily photos of him at daycare.

Ross was ready to buy a house, Leanna didn't think they were prepared to financially . Explanation why it wasn't followed up on, not that Ross was planning on killing Cooper.

Leanna talks about their plans to buy a home. Says school district was very important to Ross. She says Ross was very ready to buy a house but they weren't ready financially.

A precision direct, I think deliberately addressing, point by point, not just what Kilgore knows the jury might find suspicious in testimony heard, but about what they originally heard in the media (which is why Kilgore wanted to ask her about what she said at the funeral).

Leanna looking at pictures of Cooper in the carseat that her mother took.

She's not crying at all, no emotion.

Kilgore asks Taylor how readily her son would fall asleep. Ross Harris has said his son must've fallen asleep as he was driving away from the Chick-fil-A that morning.

Taylor says Cooper went to sleep easily.

If Cooper was ready to go to sleep, he was going to sleep. ... He was so used to traveling that (he could easily) fall asleep in his car seat. ... It wouldn't be unusual, for example, for him to fall asleep in his car seat just on the way home from church.

___

how about a 30 second drive from CFA to LAA??

Now Kilgore is asking about the Harrises' search for a house in Cobb County.

I didn't really think we were ready to buy a house. We didn't have a downpayment. We had purchased a home in the past and had to move after five years, and it was kind of a dicey situation ... with the market the way it was. ... I felt like we needed more income, a little more in savings. ... Let's take a little time, let's not jump in and buy a house until we're ready.

We wanted to make sure if we bought a house it would be something that would be big enough in the future. Cooper was our only child, but we were planning to have more children.

Very interesting.

Ross said Cooper was big for his age.

Leanna says he was small for his age. To the extent she addressed it with his paediatrician.

Can you talk to us just a little bit about your knowledge of deaths in cars? ... Did you ever do any research into that subject?

I didn't.

Did you ever tell police that you had done research into deaths in cars?

I didn't.

Taylor says she did research into car seat, most recently to see whether Cooper was too big for his rear-facing seat.

... I was the one doing research on that. I watched video after video of car seat reviews and why this one was good. The one we ended up getting was one that was either rear-facing or forward-facing. ... You could use it until he was 4 or 5 years old. It was a very intentional purpose.

I want to talk to you specifically about (the seat in which Cooper died). What was yuour understanding about how long he should stay in his rear-facing car seat.

That was something our pediatrician always asked us. ... He told us to keep him in a rear-facing seat until 2 years of age.

And he would have been 2 years of age in August (of 2014).

Yes.

--

Leanna says Cooper was still well under the weight limit for their rear-facing car seat.

Court recesses for lunch until 1 p.m.

Kilgore asks Taylor how readily her son would fall asleep. Ross Harris has said his son must've fallen asleep as he was driving away from the Chick-fil-A that morning.

Taylor says Cooper went to sleep easily.

If Cooper was ready to go to sleep, he was going to sleep. ... He was so used to traveling that (he could easily) fall asleep in his car seat. ... It wouldn't be unusual, for example, for him to fall asleep in his car seat just on the way home from church.

___

how about a 30 second drive from CFA to LAA??

Again. The timeframe in which Cooper could have fallen asleep on the 18th was not 30 seconds.

They exited CFA at 9:18. Cooper was not walking, he was being held by RH (no evidence there of a sugar hyper child).

Ross pulled into the Treehouse drive about 9:25.

He bluetoothed, probably at a red light at the intersection, at 9:24.

It took no longer than 30 odd seconds from the Uturn to intersection.

That leaves over 5 minutes for Cooper to have fallen asleep before Ross reached the Uturn, where he needed to get into a left turn lane. Not 30 seconds.

Very interesting.

Leanna says he was small for his age. To the extent she addressed it with his paediatrician.

Ross didn't even remember the pediatricians bame though. I am the one who as always taken my kids to the doctor. My husband would know the name of the practice but potentially not the doctor we see now since I have changed with in the same practice. That wasn't a shock to me. The medical records would have shown his height and weight so.

Very interesting.

In that interview with Stoddard, RH said he was "little dude for his age"

1:28:00 mark [video=youtube;vOkKqENIBww]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOkKqENIBww[/video]

Again. The timeframe in which Cooper could have fallen asleep on the 18th was not 30 seconds.

They exited CFA at 9:18. Cooper was not walking, he was being held by RH (no evidence there of a sugar hyper child).

Ross pulled into the Treehouse drive about 9:25.

He bluetoothed, probably at a red light at the intersection, at 9:24.

It took no longer than 30 odd seconds from the Uturn to intersection.

That leaves over 5 minutes for Cooper to have fallen asleep before Ross reached the Uturn, where he needed to get into a left turn lane, not 30 seconds.
Hasn't it been said that you have to decide if you're going to u-turn before you leave the parking lot?

Leanna says leaving their son in a hot car was "a fear." She said she'd seen PSAs and seen it on the news and it was a "irrational fear." "I didn't have a reason to fear this. Nothing had ever happened to make me fear this," she said. She said she told that to detectives.

___

but they did nothing to prevent it. SMH

I raised two babies in southwest Florida and I'll be honest, this never ever entered my brain. It's odd to me it was their biggest fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member