Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
[FONT=&]Missing Person Sherri Papini[/FONT]
14956607_10208327554372096_6103506709758080591_n.j  pg

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/videos/10103576746628095/[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

Authorities search for missing woman in Shasta County
sherri_1478153134890_4439232_ver1.0_640_360.PNG

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/breaking...-for-missing-woman-in-shasta-county/140704857

skibaboo's Case Map

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Please take special note of the following.

Websleuths does not engage in victim blaming. Sherri is a victim, and as such, the decision has been made to NOT allow discussion of an article purportedly authored by SG 13 years ago. It may not even belong to her, and speculation that her or her family’s personal belief system is related to her disappearance is not based on any known fact provided by law enforcement or MSM todate. IF that changes, we will review at that time.

Law enforcement has cleared Sherri's husband of involvement in Sherri's disappearance. Please do not cast aspersions or insinuate his involvement.

Also, Websleuths TOS does not allow sleuthing the social media of innocent people (victim’s family, friends, acquaintances).

Please continue discussion here and post respectfully and responsibly and in accordance with The Rules.

:tyou:

I used to think they were WPP because their photos are all so fake looking and their job title to perceived income ratio is clearly off. Now I know they just have trust fund money and like pro photos?

What is WPP?

This is turning more bizarre than I thought possible. I hope they have info soon before we all lose our minds...If we haven't already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Word

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Do you have a direct link to the sheriff's comments regarding prior calls? My first thought is that it would confirm there was someone with motive to get back at SP & KP. They could have called to report a break-in, trouble with a neighbor, being followed, someone harassing SP, etc.. It may not have been recent, but if someone were named, it could definitely supply motive. Watching KP, I believe his emotions are genuine. But I also think he feels tremendous guilt. At first, I thought it was logical because he may feel as her husband that he should've been there more, worked less hours, listened to her concerns of someone being "creepy"? But rewatching the interviews, I think the guilt is because the real target may have been him and SP was taken to settle some kind of score. When he talks about bringing her back, it's as though he is talking directly to someone he knows. All MOO. But I definitely DO NOT think there was any domestic abuse. SP is a strong, educated woman with a supportive family. She would not have left her children behind. As for the wedding, we don't know a lot about her first marriage. Maybe she eloped and always dreamed of a big wedding. She could've paid for it on her own, but if her parents did, that shows even more support.

I've been reading for a few days and started at the beginning. A few facts stick with me:

"on prior calls to the Papini home", sheriff states there's "nothing recent and nothing major". Will get that info to the media.

https://twitter.com/seanlongoria_RS

Was there ever anymore information about this? I've looked in the call logs, but they are massive and haven't found anything in the last year.

http://www.brettandemilyphoto.com/2...-we-heart-you-san-diego-wedding-photographer/

What a gorgeous wedding! I can't help but notice the detail and obvious expense. Beautiful. And now they are living on what seems to be the hourly salary of KP in a rent free small home. Sounds like SP had a good job with AT& T in the past. I'm surely not trying to criticize - folks can live how they choose. I'm noticing what could be a drastic change in lifestyle.

If find it a little odd that a FB page is shared. It's FREE! I have middle-aged married friends who share a FB page. Weird - but husband is more than controlling. This is one thing that really makes me SMH.

I could also mention the find my phone app, but in today's world, that can be a valued safety plus.

Some folks here have asked when SP's family last spoke with or saw her. I'm with you I'd like to know the answer to that, as well.

Just a random fact - when victims of domestic abuse are counseled about safety plans and leaving their abusers, they are typically advised to stash money, clothes, important documents and a phone in preparation for their departure. They are advised to do this over time and in a very mindful manner, so as not to raise any suspicion. We also know that victims include those who are controlled through money, monitoring whereabouts, restricting friends, religion, etc.

Back into the dark recesses of lurk-com!

7 threads. 2 pieces of information... this is redonkulous

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

WPP = Witness Protection Program ( someone asked last thread)

Ppl should not just vanish off the face of the earth like this.
I know she is out there and maybe in a place already searched.
Maybe they should search again.

Do you have a direct link to the sheriff's comments regarding prior calls? My first thought is that it would confirm there was someone with motive to get back at SP & KP. They could have called to report a break-in, trouble with a neighbor, being followed, someone harassing SP, etc.. It may not have been recent, but if someone were named, it could definitely supply motive. Watching KP, I believe his emotions are genuine. But I also think he feels tremendous guilt. At first, I thought it was logical because he may feel as her husband that he should've been there more, worked less hours, listened to her concerns of someone being "creepy"? But rewatching the interviews, I think the guilt is because the real target may have been him and SP was taken to settle some kind of score. When he talks about bringing her back, it's as though he is talking directly to someone he knows. All MOO. But I definitely DO NOT think there was any domestic abuse. SP is a strong, educated woman with a supportive family. She would not have left her children behind. As for the wedding, we don't know a lot about her first marriage. Maybe she eloped and always dreamed of a big wedding. She could've paid for it on her own, but if her parents did, that shows even more support.

No. I dug around a good bit but could only find this reporter's twitter reference. I remember reading about this reference earlier - I can't find it. Exactly - we don't know the purpose of those calls to LE.

I don't mean to begrudge anyone a gorgeous wedding - it was beautiful and obviously expensive. That's all.

I was just pointing out some of the facts that stand out to me and very few facts are available <modsnip>

Hope she's back with her family very, very soon.

Police in Anderson arrested a 29-year-old man who they believe is connected with several recent reports concerning a Hispanic man following women.

Carlos Edwardo Acosta, of San Pablo, was arrested around 4 o&#8217;clock this morning.

In the past week, two women had reported being followed by what they described as a &#8220;weird&#8221; man driving what was described as a black Crown Victoria sedan, police said, adding that one of the women reported being followed from the Anderson Walmart to the Shasta Outlets
Police said another woman said she was followed and chased through Anderson and through the McDonald&#8217;s restaurant in Anderson.

Through computer records, police were able to determine that Acosta lives in San Pablo. Police also were able to determine the license plate number of the suspected vehicle, which turned out to be a 2003 Mercury Marauder, a sedan that looks very similar to a Crown Victoria.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/Police-arrest-alleged-stalker-in-Anderson-402271095.html

-AND-

Campus Safety Emergency Alerts

To the Campus Community,
November 13, 2016 Timely Warning

In Compliance with the Timely Warning notification provisions of the Federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics of 1998, the Shasta College Campus Safety Department is giving notice of a potential act of violence. Information has been provided that, near the East parking area of Shasta College Main Campus, 11555 Old Oregon Trail, Redding California. The fore mentioned subject has approached the reporting party on different occasions indicating a request for the reporting party to enter a vehicle. The reporting party has also been approached in person around the 800 building. Shasta College Campus Safety is initiating this release based on information that supports a potential act of Stalking.

The Redding Police Department is currently investigating the information.

The subject is described as a Hispanic male, 35 to 40 years old, 5&#8217; 5-6, 160 to 180 Ibs, dark hair. The Hispanic male was driving a black Honda Civic, with silver, after market rims.
http://www.shastacollege.edu/Administrative Services/Security/Pages/ALERTS.aspx

Bringing over to the new thread for discussion.

Hi Everyone,
Random question...
Is there a board here on Websleuths that gives resources on how to sleuth? For example, which online background check websites are any good, how to search court records, etc

Hi Everyone,
Random question...
Is there a board here on Websleuths that gives resources on how to sleuth? For example, which online background check websites are any good, how to search court records, etc

That would be helpful! I'm new here and I have come to realize I am not a very good sleuth. I also don't have Facebook (gasp) so I can't get info that way either.

Hi Everyone,
Random question...

Hi lmr,

You might have a look at Internet Sleuthing Tips. It hasn't been updated in a long time but you may pick up some helpful hints.

hth

I have a question for all the experienced sleuthers. Is it normal for the police to not give the public much info. For instance, daycare pick up routine and such? I can fully understand why they wouldn't say much but I wonder if law enforcement seems unusually tight lipped about this particular case?

Wow, thread #7! Where's the stagehand with the list? I think I'm ready to weigh in. Every case where I think I know what happened, however, I am wrong. I was WAY wrong about what happened to KB and Charlie David Carver... :facepalm:

Ppl should not just vanish off the face of the earth like this.
I know she is out there and maybe in a place already searched.
Maybe they should search again.

Yes...yes...yes! And Yes!
We have example after example on WS of searches that transpired where searchers walked within inches of a victim and didn't see/find them. Mother nature embraces earthly remains and makes them very difficult to see.

Steelman and I have both provided maps of the areas we are interested in, and they overlap. My exception is that I have strongly encouraged the search of the cement quarry area.

But yes. More searches would be highly advisable, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆